Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Before A Game?

What do you guys do, before a basketball game?

To get yourself pumped up or get into a rhythm.

I've got a game in AUS starting in just over 2 hours. Its the last game of the season, before the finals. I wanna make a mark, before the finals and play good.

Any tips?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Ianou
I brick open layups

Ianou has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Before A Game?

Just go out there, have a good warm-up. My superstition if it helps in anyway, is to always be the last player to put on his jersey and I always warm-up without it on.
Ianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

I turn up some pump-up music (stuff by "Jock-Jams" usually), go through some superstition stuff (hitting my last shot in warm-up, arm through left side of jersey first, etc.). Get into a shootin groove during warm-up, do some passing drills, etc. Basically taking it like any other game except making more of an initiative with the music.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Music by Pac gets me fired up.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

I try to keep myself real quiet and focus on the game and if somebody is joking around I tell them to stfu. You know, somethin like that.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
I try to keep myself real quiet and focus on the game and if somebody is joking around I tell them to stfu. You know, somethin like that.
I'm the opposite. We joke around in the warm ups, we're getting pumped in the locker room. Lots of fun, no stress, which is how we think the game should be played.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I always played better slightly tired, so I pushed myself hard when warming up. I also get a good feel of the basketball in my hands, it doesn't have to be the game ball. I just have more control if I get the feel of the ball.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #8
JMEWLS

well we just finished..

final score
US:50 THEM:42

stats:
Rebounds: 4
Assists: 6
Steals:3

I played real good to finish off the season, one of my best games this season.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
Scottish_Knicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Scottish_Knicks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
well we just finished..

final score
US:50 THEM:42

stats:
Rebounds: 4
Assists: 6
Steals:3

I played real good to finish off the season, one of my best games this season.

well done!!

Scottish_Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

when I played high school ball, I would do a few calisthenic exercises, lie on the floor and stretch, do mental exercises (envisioning plays and how the ball would go into the net after I shoot), and flirt with cheerleaders.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You memorized your stats?
I could have never of done that...
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Awesome game bro. Do you play for your school team?
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just had my final playoff game this weekend just gone. We were leading by 13 points with 1:30 left and by the time it got to 30 secs left we were only up by 3 points. But we won anyway. I also beat my previous point high by only one point.

I finished with 22 points an about 12-15 rebounds. That was an absolute monster game though, I usually only get about 2-10 points and about 8 - 12 rebounds (I mainly focus on rebounds and defense because I believe thats what wins games)

Anyway back to the topic. Some things I do before a game is always put my shorts on first then my jersey second. And I always put my right shoe on first then left second, then I tie my left first then tie my right second. I also like to listen to some rock music to pump me up. I always wear a black pair of socks over a white pair of socks.

When warming up I usually like to take a few 3's just to get some range, then I like to throw some dunks down to warm my legs up, along with the usual stuff.

Another wierd thing I do is: I always use the same bottle for my water for every game, I also have a McDonald's the night before every game.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I just had my final playoff game this weekend just gone. We were leading by 13 points with 1:30 left and by the time it got to 30 secs left we were only up by 3 points. \.

regardless of the win, did your coach let you guys have it? in a game in high school, our team was in a similar situation (though not a playoff game) and we gave up a 16 point lead and trailed by 2. it required a buzzer beater 3 by one of my teammates to win it. our coach really let us have it... slamming chairs and threatening to cut the program etc...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He sure did let us have it, but the main reason for us giving up that lead was, because are coach thought we pretty much had it won with only 1:30 left and up by 13. So he decided to throw in the bench players and give them some playing time*, big mistake. The opposition finally saw their opening and took it, and absolutly killed are bench guys, so coach decides to throw in 2 starters (who probably saved that game for us) and we manage to hold off the opposition.

* - My coach said that there is nothing worse then being on a winning team and not contributing at all, so he wanted to let the bench guys contribute to the game.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: