Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board
Default Raps Draft...

Rate Torontos draft day.....
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

another topic??? I'll give em a B+...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Difficult to rate right now just as it is still difficult to rate their 2005 draft.

They have a lot of potential talent from last year's draft which I thought at the time if looking back in 2010 there would be a possibility to say the Raptors had by far the best 2005 draft of any team. Ok off topic a year.

Ultimately we will have to wait a few years to make a final judgement. Thought it would have been good if they had picked up someone and kept their 56th pick; not dumped like they did. Maybe Mike Gansey who has a high basketball IQ and is a tough passionate player just to give him a try. Anyhow I am sure there are a lot of other opportunities that Colangelo is exploring.

For their 2 picks this year I would say B+ as well.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

C

Bargnani at #1 shouldn't have happend but Tucker at 35 was a steal.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Time will tell. I hope Bargnani lights it up.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalendar
Time will tell. I hope Bargnani lights it up.
In time, I think he will. Untill then, he'll have his moments where he shines and shows us what we can look forward to in the future. I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say he ends up averaging about 15mpg this year, with about 6ppg and 2.5 rpg. Not great, but there will be games where he goes off for 15-20 points when he's feelin it. The main thing you have to do with Bargnani is not be too anxious, he is very young, has no real North American experiance, and he's not as strong as he has to be. People are gonna hate on Colangelo throughout the year and call Bargnani a bust, but give him a little bit of time, and we'll all see why he was the #1 overall pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
Pmoney
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Pmoney has an OK reputation so far

All I know is that the #1 pick in the draft SHOULD be starting and averaging more than 10 ppg
Pmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Your wrong. #1 pick should be the guy the team is most comfortable taking. In cases when the draft class is extremly talented then this may be the case, but in this years draft, there are no "for sure" superstars. Any one of 6 people could have been the first pick. It doesn't matter what a player does in his rookie season, it's how he ends up down the road. And for the Raptors and Bargnani, it will end up being the right pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney
All I know is that the #1 pick in the draft SHOULD be starting and averaging more than 10 ppg
Bogut this past year averaged 9.4 ppg.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

I did not know there was a rule that the #1 pick should have to average at least 10ppg in his first season. So what should the #7 pick average? Maybe only 6 or 7 ppg? Gee Charlie averaged more than that last year. Chris Paul also and he was not taken 1 or 2. Marvin Williams taken at #2 averaged less than 10.

What about Manu Ginobilli? He was taken in the second round. He should have only averaged 1 ppg a game in his first season or something like.

The point is you want to draft a player you think will give you a good chance to win whether that is in one year or 3, 4 or 5 years. Let's face it the Raptors are starting from the bottom. Don't expect Colangelo to bring the city of Toronto a championship next season or the season after. He is building for the future.

Let's forget about the statistics such as ppg and rpg for the first year or two.

Give this guy 2 years before you criticize him or the GM.

Besides big men typically take longer to develop.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A++

They got the guy they wanted at 1. Good job.

Thye got a major steal at a need for backup 2 guard. Good job.

They traded some euro bum no one's heard of for $$$. Good Job.

A++
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: