Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 03-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Rashard Lewis Possible sign and trade deals

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...d.lewis/3.html

Rashard Lewis might do a sign and trade with these team, the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, or Knicks. Which one would you think he would do?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rashard Lewis Possible sign and trade deals

After playing for the losing Sonics the last couple of seasons. I think he wants to go somewhere where he will win. So probably Mavs or Spurs.
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default staying in the emerald city

my guess is that he will take the $$$ the sonics can offer and continue to show love for the organization that believed in him from the beginning
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Out of them 3 the Knicks, but i would love for him to come to Houston
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: staying in the emerald city

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
my guess is that he will take the $$$ the sonics can offer and continue to show love for the organization that believed in him from the beginning

Good to hear not everyone is a cynical fan!

I hope he stays in Seattle too but these days the money can lure players away so easily. It's happened before many times and happen in the future.
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Shard is a great player... not the right team for him... trading him would benefit both Seattle and the other team...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default when $$$ wasnt an issue (as much as now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defendish
Good to hear not everyone is a cynical fan!

I hope he stays in Seattle too but these days the money can lure players away so easily. It's happened before many times and happen in the future.

my idealism can blind me at times to reality...

i long for the good old days of slick watts!!!
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
Out of them 3 the Knicks, but i would love for him to come to Houston

Why the hell would he go to the losing Knicks instead of the other teams???
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #9
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...d.lewis/3.html

Rashard Lewis might do a sign and trade with these team, the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, or Knicks. Which one would you think he would do?

I don't know the salary he can ask, but I think a sign-and-trade for Odom is possible, given the 13.5 M the latter make next year.
I think this will give the second scorer Kobe needs to the Lakers and will give Seattle an acceptable repleacement in term of quality.
What do you think of this possibility?
Other players could be also involved in the deal, I think the Lakers might also be interested in Watson for their PG, even if I don't know what they can offer to seattle in term of contracts and assets (Cook? An expiring? Walton?).
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #10
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: staying in the emerald city

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

I think that he stays with us, which is good.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

TruNbaAnalyst has an OK reputation so far

He wont go to the lakers, unless the lakers trade kobe.... Getting rashard lewis for odom wont improve the situation and will just end up getting the lakers into a higher salary and in the same situation in trying to get talent for kobe to stay. Mavs, or Spurs wont make the deal because Mavs wont want to pay that much money considering they made so many extensions last season. Also because lewis really wont help the mavs be that much of a better team and would need to trade good players to get them seeing they have no young talent except for harris and they won't trade howard.

The Spurs wont dish out that kind of cash for lewis seeing as how when they spend money they do it wisely and lewis wont actually help the spurs where they need help. Micheal Finely is playing the SF spot and hes doing pretty good job at it for now, For about tens of millions of dollars less than it would cost to get lewis. The spurs will wait for a better FA class.

That leaves the Knicks. Lewis will go to the knicks because they have a better chance of making the playoffs in the east. Had the knicks not of had so many injuries they probably would have been in the playoffs, not forgetting they were the 8th seed before the injuries happened. If he came to the knicks it would most certainly meant he playoffs and the sonics are just in the west where it gets harder to make it every year. Taking into account portland might be a reckon to deal with. The knicks have plenty young players and most importantly. THE MEDIA, lewis will make much more money, get the media attention, and possibly get much more endorsements for having a good year. So its pretty obvious.
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

TruNbaAnalyst has an OK reputation so far

One more thing, the sonics will get durant who plays the same position so they don't need lewis who will stop durants progress from being as fast as it could be. Also that money that they would spend on lewis could be used much wiser in improving different areas they need. It wouldnt make sense to resign him
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #13
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

I'd be ok with him coming back
I'd also be ok with a sign of trade and getting someone his value back

Its going to be good for the Sonics next year either way
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Why the hell would he go to the losing Knicks instead of the other teams???

So he dont have to go against us 4 times a season
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
noahg999
Can barely lace up my sneakers

noahg999 has an OK reputation so far

i wouldnt want him back, durant gets less PT and there would be no cap room to sign a big man
noahg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: