Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Facts that say Dirk is MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNS IN 07
You beat half a team with no Amare BIG deal.And you were you clutch in FINALS ?D-WADE was!

Its a shame that people have forgotten about how Diaw filled Amare's shoes quite well adding a certain dimension that Amare doesnt have. So yes, the Suns didnt have Amare, but they had the most improved player of the year filling his shoes in Diaw.

You got one thing right though. Wade was definitely the clutch player in the finals.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
IMaNOWITZNESS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IMaNOWITZNESS has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
I'm favouring Nowitski for MVP too man, but take it easy.

yeah its spelled NowitZki
IMaNOWITZNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

id pull for dirk to get it but the problem is the critics.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #19
lorenzo

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNS IN 07
Mark Cuban is scared,because he let go of one of the most amazing players in NBA history.Dirk is good but he is NOT the MVP.If anything Jason Terry is the Mavs best player has he takes and makes there big shot's while Dirk folds.By the way Dirk is such a crybaby,in the 2ot game Amare abused him in the low post and he was pleading for an offensive foul.Steve Nash is not only the mvp but a better leader as well.I don't care what anyone says, the suns were the most amazing team in the 06 Playoffs.We were undersized and undermatched,and has the experts put us down left and right we still won because of great leadership.Dallas fans can gloat all they want but they beat a team that was missing there whole frontline, STAT,Kurt Thomas,Brian Grant all injured while Raja Bell goes down has well.Had Bell been playing phx would have beat Dallas and ran Miami out of the gym.Pat Riley even said they had no answer for the suns.If they give Dirk the MVP Dallas had better watch out, because Dirk knows better then anyone not to make the true MVP mad.STEVE NASH MV3 MV3 MV3 MV3!!!
are you serious? nash was the mvp of that game, but what happened to the suns? looks like they found some fools gold. Maybe they needed avery to come give them a pep talk. I saw nash crying the other day against golden state and took a technical........not very mvp like. maybe he still has too much mark cuban in him. I've been looking on another suns board. They have more if not for injuries rings than any other team in the nba. raja bell? you gotta be kidding.

Last edited by lorenzo : 04-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.
lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #20
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Big Rook has an OK reputation so far

Nash MVP after today I'm concerned. Dirk had it but I think Nash may do it again after tonight. In any case I think it is up in the air, but if you take away Nash the Suns are done. I don't think the same can be said for Dirk.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #21
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Nash is still better than Dirk Choke-witzki
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #22
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Nash is still better than Dirk Choke-witzki

BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #23
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo
are you serious? nash was the mvp of that game, but what happened to the suns? looks like they found some fools gold. Maybe they needed avery to come give them a pep talk. I saw nash crying the other day against golden state and took a technical........not very mvp like. maybe he still has too much mark cuban in him. I've been looking on another suns board. They have more if not for injuries rings than any other team in the nba. raja bell? you gotta be kidding.
Yeah, I guess getting a tech in the second overtime of a game against the Suns is MVP like.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #24
SUNS IN 07

SUNS IN 07 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo

MVP'S NASH3 DIRK 0
SUNS IN 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #25
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Yeah, I guess getting a tech in the second overtime of a game against the Suns is MVP like.

Just as MVP like as getting torched by Flip Murray.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #26
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Just as MVP like as getting torched by Flip Murray.
Or it could be the charge and deflection out of bounds Nash had on JET in overtime.

I know, since Dirk is such a stellar defender and everything. If you're gonna knock the MVP for something, I don't think defense is the aspect you should focus on as Dirk fan.

No need to get sensitive. Just making a point on how stupid that part of dude's argument was.

Last edited by Rab : 04-02-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #27
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
I hear alot of misinformed Phoenix and even some Dallas fans going around various forums saying that wednesdays double O.T victory for Nash made him "clearly in front of Dirk for MVP". Well this is BS.

Not Bull****, most still consider Nash a candidate for MVP, even the most hardcore Dallas fans, you're just an idiot who is too in love with Nowitzki to see that.

Quote:
If you want to nickel and dime here, then Dirk comes out on top simply because he led his team to go 2-1 vs the suns this year.

its 2-2 so technically Dirk doesn't get any extra credit for that.

Quote:
The Mavs missed a free throw and nash scored a game tieing 3 pointer to extend the game to overtime, if Dirks players had just done thier job, then this matter of the Suns winning wouldnt exist.

Wrong, Nowitzki missed the free throw.

Quote:
Amare went 16-19 scoring 41 pts and bringing down 10 boards; in my opinion if anything that performance should be recognize.

It is recognized by a lot of people, but it's simply that Nash is more Valuble to his team.

Quote:
Dirk has lead his team to more wins and have played in more games than Nash making him more productive to his team.

When Nash is out, Suns play terrible basketball.

Quote:
Want a consistency stat? Dirk could be the only one beside Larry Bird to finish the regular season shooting over 50% from the field(currently is shooting 49%), shooting over 90% from the free throw line(currently is shooting 90% on the dot) and a 3 point % over 40%(currently shooting 41%)

An obvious reason your a Dirk lover, and nothing else.. Look up Kevin Martin's FG%, 3PT% and FT% and tell me what they are.

Quote:
The mavs originally had 1 All-Star(Dirk) until Josh Howard filled in as an alternate, and the suns had a legit 2 All-Stars with Nash and Marion.

Dallas is alot deeper then Phoenix, your bench player make up a star player for Phoenix.

Quote:
Amare alone can arguably be the best on the suns, thats how good he is.

Skill-wise, yes definatley.. but he still isn't as valuable as Nash is

Quote:
The suns also have the soon-to-be 6th man of the year in Leandro Barbosa whos netting a little over 17 pts per game.

Him and Kurt Thomas are really the only ones Phoenix uses off the bench.
Quote:
The suns also have many role players such as Diaw and Raja. So that said, how can Nash seriously be the heart, soul, and the main reason the suns are having the great season their having? He cant. Dirk is just leading his team to a better record and a most likely home-court advantage throughout the playoffs with alot less talent around him than Nash possesses.

What about Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Dampier, Devin Harris? They of course don't count right. They're all role players to the Mavs.

This arguement doesn't count because they both have the same amount of talent on the team.

Quote:
But according to the proof(stats)

Stats aren't everything.

Quote:
Dirk should most likely hold his ground in being #1 in the voting if the the MVP isnt fixed like David Stern rigging the NBA finals last year or if the fans of the NBA prove their not as dumb as I think they are like they proved it when the majority of voters didnt have Dirk on their ballot as a starter for the All-Star game,

Nash didn't get voted in either?

Quote:
they would rather see a has-been like Tim Duncan start over a 7 foot jump shooter who distributes the ball and who has all the amazing stats i listed above, this year.

A 7 foot jump shooter? Something just isn't right there.

Quote:
Some may say Dirk fails to hit the shot when it counts most, that is only true this past loss vs the suns when Dirk missed a few key shots.

He missed a shot in the most important game in the season, sounds like a choker to me.

Quote:
Dirk has led his team to more victories and less losses than Nash has led his team, Dirk got the job done as of this point to maintain a steady lead over the Suns for top spot in the Western Conferance. Steve Nash has not gotten the job done to lead his team in more wins and less losses like Dirk has with his. As of right now, Dirk Nowitzki IS the Most Valuable Player in the NBA. Not to mention Nash doesnt have to face division rivals like San Antonio and Houston like the mavs do, the Suns get to feed off of the L.A Fakers(losing streak of 7 at the moment), and the just plain awful Goldenstate, L.A clippers, and Sacremento. To have the record the mavs do considering the rockets and spurs are in thier division, it would only make sense to crown the mavs best player with the MVP as of today.

This is all pure BS, all you've stated is everything you've said before

1. Nash is more valuable because his team has no direction without Nash.
2. It's not Phoenix's fault where they are on the American map.
3. This is quite possible the most pathetic Dirk for MVP i've read.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #28
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Or it could be the charge and deflection out of bounds Nash had on JET in overtime.

I know, since Dirk is such a stellar defender and everything. If you're gonna knock the MVP for something, I don't think defense is the aspect you should focus on as Dirk fan.

No need to get sensitive. Just making a point on how stupid that part of dude's argument was.

Dirk is not a good defender. Nash isn't either. But it never seems to be mentioned for Nash. At times it's a double standard when dealing with the current MVP. Just as some of his questionable charge calls are. Most players would be called for a block. It's not being sensitive, it's bringing up a point. It's a Mavs forum after all. Not like we're going to have a Nash love fest here. And there are stupid arguements on boths sides. I mean, how intelligent is MV3 written over and over.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #29
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Dirk is not a good defender. Nash isn't either. But it never seems to be mentioned for Nash. At times it's a double standard when dealing with the current MVP. Just as some of his questionable charge calls are. Most players would be called for a block. It's not being sensitive, it's bringing up a point. It's a Mavs forum after all. Not like we're going to have a Nash love fest here. And there are stupid arguements on boths sides. I mean, how intelligent is MV3 written over and over.
Right, they are both not good defenders. I realize that. I just don't think you can prove either player's case by questioning their defensive capabilites. Nash's defense is always questioned. If you watched the Clippers series last year, or watch the Warriors or Spurs games, you'll see and hear it, not too mention it's physically evident when you see Marion guarding Cassell, Baron, and Parker. Listen to Doug Collins for hell's sake.

Most players in this league are rewarded for hustle in regards to drawing charges. Nash may not always be in position, but most of the time he gets the call because of the effort he makes to get to the spot. With the speed of the game, sometimes a charge or block is a very tough call to make. He puts the pressure on the officials to make the call, just like MANY other players do. And we can talk about calls that Dirk gets that are just as stupid, but there really is no need to because it doesn't make his case any stronger.

I could care less if there is a Nash lovefest here or not. I certainly wouldn't expect that, nor am I trying to turn this thread into one, but some of the basis for argument here is just plain stupid.

"Nash can't get the MVP because he picked up a tech while his team was getting blown out by GS."

C'mon, just pointing out the obvious. I've stated many times that I think Dirk will win. It doesn't bother me at all. I only ask that people state intelligent reasons for either winning. I realize that there are stupid arguments for Nash here in this thread as well, and I see that there are those on the Mavs side who are quick to point them out. Just doing the same for our guy my friend.

Last edited by Rab : 04-03-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #30
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I would expect no less of you defending your guy. I am guilty of the same. I try to stay away from responding from the stupid ones. And yes, there are many to choose from. And for the most part I do ok except for the ones that are so ridiculous I can't help myself.

And for the record I don't think Dirk will win. That is not to be taken as I don't think he deserves to. I just don't see the media giving it to him. He's not a media darling, which let's face it, every MVP is or has been. About the only thing I think he has going in his favor is the voters that don't want to put Nash on the same level as the other 3 time winners. And I really wish he would get a vote for his accomplishments, not to keep someone else from winning.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: