Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #91
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
It's a six-year-old that none of us knew. Children die all the time. Why don't you guys get so worked up over the others?

Because we dont hear about all the others. How many kids died yesterday? How many died today? Do YOU even know? And his kid was 6months or 6yrs?

Quote:
Because they aren't the kids of basketball players? And what's wrong with a little humor? CHILLAX, people.

Yes of course because they are kids of basketball players. Basketball players are in the spotlight, they are a source of our entertainment. Its WHY we have this board. People have followed Odom from college to the pro's. He is argued, debated, dissed, praised on here. When something happens to him off the court and its reported we reply. As fans if we can praise and diss players wasting our precious time then we damn sure can show some sympathy when they lose a loved one. Odom drinks n drives and kills someone he would be getting the 3rd degree by fans. But would it be ok for me to enter that topic and say "Chillax people, you act like people havent drank and driven into another innocent person killin them. You dont go getting worked up over them". When we talk about players and they have had off the court problems its mentioned on this board and some even use to to describe the type of person/character they are. A kid across the streets dies and i hear about it? I express my sympathy, i dont need my neighbor coming over eating a cheeseburger with his mouth full telling me "Plenty of kids die, i dont see you doing that for thier kids *continues chewing*" Get a grip.

So ummm there is a huge difference. Odom gets traded next month and we are talkin bout him, how he helps/hurts the team etc etc. Thats WHY we show sympathy over his kid passing because its sad and unfortunate from a player we WATCH and talk about.

Show some class, say your peace or kindly skip over this topic if nothing you have to say or nothing you have to include is positive. Because that nonsense you typed was meaningless. And a little humor isnt accepted. Your parents should have instilled that in you. Maybe they did and you tucked it under the bed? Who knows. Aint ish funny. Your last line should have been your first and only. Thanks.

Last edited by GOBB : 07-03-2006 at 02:51 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #92
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yes of course because they are kids of basketball players. Basketball players are in the spotlight, they are a source of our entertainment. Its WHY we have this board. People have followed Odom from college to the pro's. He is argued, debated, dissed, praised on here. When something happens to him off the court and its reported we reply. As fans if we can praise and diss players wasting our precious time then we damn sure can show some sympathy when they lose a loved one. Odom drinks n drives and kills someone he would be getting the 3rd degree by fans. But would it be ok for me to enter that topic and say "Chillax people, you act like people havent drank and driven into another innocent person killin them. You dont go getting worked up over them". When we talk about players and they have had off the court problems its mentioned on this board and some even use to to describe the type of person/character they are. A kid across the streets dies and i hear about it? I express my sympathy, i dont need my neighbor coming over eating a cheeseburger with his mouth full telling me "Plenty of kids die, i dont see you doing that for thier kids *continues chewing*" Get a grip.

So ummm there is a huge difference. Odom gets traded next month and we are talkin bout him, how he helps/hurts the team etc etc. Thats WHY we show sympathy over his kid passing because its sad and unfortunate from a player we WATCH and talk about.

Show some class, say your peace or kindly skip over this topic if nothing you have to say or nothing you have to include is positive. Because that nonsense you typed was meaningless. Your last line should have been your first and only. Thanks.

One question who is going to publish this? scholastics?
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #93
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

rest in peace little odom. my prayers are with him and his family. poor guy.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #94
kentatm
NBA Legend

very sad.

respect LO.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #95
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

i just wish people would erad a whole post before passing judgement on people. i would never belittle a situation in the way people think that i am. i am sorry for anyone who was offended. i was simply "expanding" the many levels of odoms misfortunes, AND I SAID THEY WERE ON COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVELS!!!!!!!! that means i wasnt giving the rest of the points as much importance and in no way making fun of the situation. just end it at that.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: