Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation
Default MSU is gonna be nice next year.

All their players come back along with a couple guards that are offensively talented and a big 7 footer. All top 30 players in the nation.

Same defense + a good offense = A serious team next year.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Ianou
I brick open layups

Ianou has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: MSU is gonna be nice next year.

I agree 100% and I couldn't be happier. Neitzel is a badass and Morgan has an amazing upside.
Ianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Ya, they won't be that bad.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

im kind of particularly in Isiah Dalhman, hes a local guy from Brahm and I saw him play a couple times comin off the bench. Any chance of him starting next year hippos or just mop time?
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #5
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

yeah msu will be nice.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

If Durant Stays Texas Will Be National Champs.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is what I hope MSU's lineup looks like next year:

starters:

pg- Neitzel (can play here with less of a load to carry relatively speaking).
sg- Summers
sf- Morgan
pf- Gray
c- Suton

bench:

pg- Walton/Lucas
sg- Joseph
sf- Allen/Dahlman
pf- Naymick
c- Ibok/Herzog
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Dahlman will transfer back home to Minnesota and tubby.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like it matter. lol

The only reason I added him is because he played a bit this year. He's gonna be nothing anyways.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
If Durant Stays Texas Will Be National Champs.
i agree
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Like it matter. lol

The only reason I added him is because he played a bit this year. He's gonna be nothing anyways.
He was a tear in high school. It was 1A schools though but still, hes got a pretty good shot
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #12
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

I think they're a big man short of being title contenders next year, but they could be a Top 10 team and contend for the Big Ten crown. Then again, everyone thought the same thing in 2006, 2004 and 2002, and they finished all those years outside the Top 25 and losing in Round 1 of the tourney.

Tom Izzo's one of my favorite people in all of sports- he is bar none the most entertaining coach on the sidelines in basketball, in my opinion- and MSU is probably my second-favorite program in the country. But since the three straight Final Fours, Izzo has had a lot of teams underachieve on him- even the '05 Final Four team wasn't quite as good as expected until the great run in March- and I never really see him face much criticism. A lot of really successful coaches at big-time programs have faced more criticism for less "failure" (relatively speaking) in recent years: Self, Tubby, Weber, Lute, even Coach K, just to name a few. I don't think any of them have had teams that underachieved as much, relative to their supposed talent, as some of Izzo's teams in recent years, yet they've all faced their share of backlash for varying reasons, either from their own fans, from the outside, or both. (This year wasn't one of them. They were as good as they could've been, maybe even a little better.)

Again, I'm gonna duck the lightning bolt for even mildly criticizing Izzo, because I love the guy and he's a Hall of Famer, but still. Had to be said.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:06 AM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

I agree with Izzo not getting criticized as much as he deserves. He also doesn't get mentioned for all of the good things too. I didn't hear **** about him this year coaching a average team to such a competitive season.

I mean, I heard some experts say "they really passed our expectations", but no credit to Izzo.

This is more over the last few seasons though. He's kinda of forgotten in a way.

As for MSU needing a big man. I'd love for them to have a consistent scorer down low, but i think most teams in the nation would love to have the 4-5 man rotation MSU does..

Suton has the skills on offense, but not much else right now, Gray has the heart, rebounding and can score a bit, but is raw, Naymick has no offense, but is steady on defense and doesn't make mistakes on either end and Ibok is simply a shot blocker. Don't know what Herzog is gonna do.

That combined into one player is amazing.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #14
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

For the second time in the last few years, I think an Illinois player that almost picked Michigan State is gonna keep them from possibly winning it all. The '05 team with Dee Brown at the point would've been the Mateen Cleaves MSU team all over again, only more talented. The '08 team with Shaun Pruitt in the middle would be a real title contender.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Luke Winn of SI did an early 2007 top 10. Has OSU at 5 and Indiana at 10.

MSU was his first team "On the fringe" so I assume they're 11th.

That's about where I'd have them to start the season (anywhere from 10-15). But I don't see Indiana being better than MSU even with the addition of Gordon.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_...-for-2007.html

Last edited by i seen hippos : 04-03-2007 at 04:05 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: