Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Is it a bad idea to play Kobe at the 3???

why not play kobe at the 3 since LA needs forwards badly. then perhaps we can have farmar/banks as the starting backcourt. and a frontcourt of kobe/odom/brown is pretty good
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
why not play kobe at the 3 since LA needs forwards badly. then perhaps we can have farmar/banks as the starting backcourt. and a frontcourt of kobe/odom/brown is pretty good

He plays at the SF a lot because he supposedly loves driving in from that pos.

So i don't see a problem with him being a Small Forward
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:50 AM   #3
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Historically they have played Kobe at the 3. He will defend either position so it isn't a stretch to state that they will continue to do so. I think that it is a stretch that Farmar would get considerable minutes to create a situation where Kobe would play the 3 only because Lamar would have a hard time guarding some of the true 4's in the league.

The Lakers do have flexibility to play different positions when they work in their favor....a good chance to run a line up of Kobe/Lamar/Kwame in the front line would be against the Suns or Mavs when they go small during stretches of games. (I like Lamar against Marion or even Dirk for stretches)

But say for instance they play the Pistons or Spurs.....Lamar on Duncan or Rasheed looks like a definite mismatch in my opinion.

Lamar is a 3....so i think it is beneficial for the team if they allow him to play that position, because it gives him the best opportunities to be athletic and exploit the mismatches he creates. It would be nice if the Lakers could pick up a solid 4.....but that has been our weakness since the days of Horry.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Lamar is a 3....so i think it is beneficial for the team if they allow him to play that position, because it gives him the best opportunities to be athletic and exploit the mismatches he creates. It would be nice if the Lakers could pick up a solid 4.....but that has been our weakness since the days of Horry.

What was wrong with Horry???
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: