Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

I really believe that Zen has a few moves left. I firmly believe that he has things cooking if Melo is here and I firmly believe he has a plan if Melo leaves.

I think he may have let Melo know what deals can be made if he comes back. So basically it would be up to Melo to decide that. Once his decision is made I am sure something could happen once he does. I think the prudent thing though isnt to just jump out there making moves for the sake of making moves. This organization has a torrid and infamous history for doing bold and idiotic moves. Finally its time to operate out of intelligence and not emotion (panic and fear or for ticket sales).


Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Don't take a shot if you might fail?


Yeah I'm definitely saying go all out to build around Carmelo because those superstar free agent that are going to beat down your door is too much of a gamble. You think you're playing it safe by showing Carmelo the door but really your taking an even bigger gamble. With worse odds


I'm not a fan because I just jumped on the bandwagon when Carmelo came and like jR smith and Bargnani and Phil a lot? I want to see them win and be put in position to succeed. I guess we will either find out or not, but I just don't believe Phil is in this to "hope" and wait for something to fall in his lap even if he has the ability to do so without stirring up his fan base.

Last edited by Rameek : 06-30-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #32
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I really believe that Zen has a few moves left. I firmly believe that he has things cooking if Melo is here and I firmly believe he has a plan if Melo leaves.

I think he may have let Melo know what deals can be made if he comes back. So basically it would be up to Melo to decide that. Once his decision is made I am sure something could happen once he does. I think the prudent thing though isnt to just jump out there making moves for the sake of making moves. This organization has a torrid and infamous history for doing bold and idiotic moves. Finally its time to operate out of intelligence and not emotion (panic and fear or for ticket sales).
That's what I'm saying. I think there has to be more happening for Carmelo to stay. Yeah my trade would not be nearly as good and might be damaging if Carmelo decided to leave but the current roster and the idea of waiting a year or two is not a plan that Carmelo should buy.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #33
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
That's what I'm saying. I think there has to be more happening for Carmelo to stay. Yeah my trade would not be nearly as good and might be damaging if Carmelo decided to leave but the current roster and the idea of waiting a year or two is not a plan that Carmelo should buy.
Please read what I wrote. I am sure Phil has a few ways to improve the team if Melo decides to stay. He may pull the trigger if Melo comes back at a reasonable rate.

Now if he decides to bolt I am sure Phil has a plan which possibly can include not spending money. Melo money off the books then Stats and Bargs money off the books next season. 1 year with the triangle offense under the teams belt and in position to make moves with draft picks and cap space.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #34
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Please read what I wrote. I am sure Phil has a few ways to improve the team if Melo decides to stay. He may pull the trigger if Melo comes back at a reasonable rate.

Now if he decides to bolt I am sure Phil has a plan which possibly can include not spending money. Melo money off the books then Stats and Bargs money off the books next season. 1 year with the triangle offense under the teams belt and in position to make moves with draft picks and cap space.
I have read it and always do. My take from your stance now is that moving forward involves completely different steps with or without Carmelo.



The part I disagree about is the reasonable rate part. Why would it matter? Are you still thinking capspace for down the road?



To me it looks like they already made moves counting on him to come back. Yeah they could get rid of Calderon but couldn't get rid of Calderon, mayo, sanders, illyasova, and Zaza if he didn't come back so yeah you'd need the commitment from Carmelo first



Do you think Carmelo could be sold on the idea of come back but wait to win?



I think you could sell him on the idea of here's a complete team. We will continue to pay top dollar and will never Kroenke you (slash salary once you've "built the brand". And most importantly do you want to go be a #2 as a guy that keeps moving around. Or do you want to win an MVP and have a shot at it all.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #35
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Avatar bet? Nahhhhhh. It's not even a bet, if my trade happens I'm buying Rameek a gold iPhone. No not the gold colored one. The actual gold iPhone.


That has nothing to do with nothing. I've just had luck before on deals w the gold iPhone
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

I'm sure has a couple of deals done with the premise of him coming back.

A reasonable rate is 20 mill or less. Why a reasobable rate means better quality teanmates especially if you dont or cant draft talent.

That trade was made for his system not Melo.

You can keep throwing that trade out there but no one wants those players on there team.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #37
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Angry Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I'm sure has a couple of deals done with the premise of him coming back.

A reasonable rate is 20 mill or less. Why a reasobable rate means better quality teanmates especially if you dont or cant draft talent.

That trade was made for his system not Melo.

You can keep throwing that trade out there but no one wants those players on there team.
The diff between 20 and 22 will never matter but maybe that's a spot we can never agree on. Until it's done.



I just can't see taking a rosters Salary from 80-90 to 60 unless there is a reason. I don't care about dolans money.


Ps. I think the Knicks have a way better chance at love than popular opinion says. All it will take is everything falling apart on other teams trades.


Gs's problem is they have too much they can give up. Knicks don't have that problem. Minn is supposedly demanding klay and lee? Is klay really that much better than th2, shumpert, and Larkin? Lee for years isn't better than amare and starting over is it?


OK so maybe I just gave it all up. All I am is a ucla fan w Wazzu paperwork. And I want to be a Knicks fan. But I want to be a Knick fan because I think you got lucky on done players and that it's worth going after. For what it's worth your last 6 and 8 picks would have been Lopez and jrue- that's not hindsight, that's having to switch names on ish pretty much for calling Lopez and Westbrook 2 and 3 in the "Rose draft" when Beasley had to be 1 or 2 or you're a troll
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #38
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
The diff between 20 and 22 will never matter but maybe that's a spot we can never agree on. Until it's done.



I just can't see taking a rosters Salary from 80-90 to 60 unless there is a reason. I don't care about dolans money.


Ps. I think the Knicks have a way better chance at love than popular opinion says. All it will take is everything falling apart on other teams trades.


Gs's problem is they have too much they can give up. Knicks don't have that problem. Minn is supposedly demanding klay and lee? Is klay really that much better than th2, shumpert, and Larkin? Lee for years isn't better than amare and starting over is it?

Well the reason you bring down salary because it cost a lot of money to be in luxury tax. After the new CBA that punishment is ridiculous. Its not my money but its hard to make moves when you in luxury tax hell like having to match salaries and depending on teams that are under the cap. Every Million counts look at he Bulls they are so close to having 18 Mill under the cap. Bet you they wish they had at least 22 Million to play with right now.

Bro you must not have watched any basketball if you dont know who Klay is and why he is significantly better than the players you mentioned.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #39
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Well the reason you bring down salary because it cost a lot of money to be in luxury tax. After the new CBA that punishment is ridiculous. Its not my money but its hard to make moves when you in luxury tax hell like having to match salaries and depending on teams that are under the cap. Every Million counts look at he Bulls they are so close to having 18 Mill under the cap. Bet you they wish they had at least 22 Million to play with right now.

Bro you must not have watched any basketball if you dont know who Klay is and why he is significantly better than the players you mentioned.
I've seen more Klay Thompson than almost anyone on itsh. I saw him play for 3 years in college. Many times in person. I believed in him when people laughed at him as a 1st rounder. Now he wants to be a 15 mill a year guy and in Minnesota they'd have to pay him that. Problem is that he's not a #1 or 2 option IMO.



You pay luxury tax on your worst contracts not your best player. The last 2 years the Knicks haven't paid a dime of luxury tax because of Carmelo, they paid it because of Amare.



I am ok w Dolan spending whatever he is willing. The more the better and a roster like the one I came up w is still prob lower than last year but I could see if they could get close to avoiding that repeater tax how even Dolan might want to but I don't think he'd demand it
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

You gotta get it together. You dont make sense.

You ask if Klay is that much better than Shump or Larkin...

You pay luxury tax on the worst contract...



Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I've seen more Klay Thompson than almost anyone on itsh. I saw him play for 3 years in college. Many times in person. I believed in him when people laughed at him as a 1st rounder. Now he wants to be a 15 mill a year guy and in Minnesota they'd have to pay him that. Problem is that he's not a #1 or 2 option IMO.



You pay luxury tax on your worst contracts not your best player. The last 2 years the Knicks haven't paid a dime of luxury tax because of Carmelo, they paid it because of Amare.



I am ok w Dolan spending whatever he is willing. The more the better and a roster like the one I came up w is still prob lower than last year but I could see if they could get close to avoiding that repeater tax how even Dolan might want to but I don't think he'd demand it
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #41
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

No I would never say is klay that much better than shumpert OR Larkin. I said th2, shumpert, AND Larkin. You get all 3 guys for 6-8 for a few years, klaus wants 15. I also said it would take love demanding this to happen


Won't happen but my lost point was that this trade is taking forever for a reason and I don't think it happens- ny's advantage is not having anything to negotiate. Gs can't give them Barnes and dray mind green because other teams including the Knicks can beat that
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #42
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No I would never say is klay that much better than shumpert OR Larkin. I said th2, shumpert, AND Larkin. You get all 3 guys for 6-8 for a few years, klaus wants 15. I also said it would take love demanding this to happen


Won't happen but my lost point was that this trade is taking forever for a reason and I don't think it happens- ny's advantage is not having anything to negotiate. Gs can't give them Barnes and dray mind green because other teams including the Knicks can beat that
Bro Klay is better than both of them combined. Your google translator is malfunctioning



Like I said I am sure Zen has a couple of deals in his back pocket ready to execute if Melo decides to return.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,662
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Bro Klay is better than both of them combined. Your google translator is malfunctioning



Like I said I am sure Zen has a couple of deals in his back pocket ready to execute if Melo decides to return.
You could say I'm being delusional, but I'm about 97% sure Melo returns. I would even go out on a limb and say Phil is banking on it. But not worried if I'm wrong...
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #44
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,997
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovegittar
You could say I'm being delusional, but I'm about 97% sure Melo returns. I would even go out on a limb and say Phil is banking on it. But not worried if I'm wrong...
Not going to say its that strong because we dont know how much he will want to pay Melo.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #45
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Don't get your hopes up. Melo has absolutely no reason to stay in New York as far as I can see, except for his wife loving it here.

In his time here, the Front Office has established the worst supporting cast imaginable. It's been a disaster.

Sure there's a new regime now who shows promise to create a better situation, but does a 30 year old Melo have time to wait for a plan to be made that isn't sure fire?

It'd be much better for him to go to Chicago or Houston where the base is set up and he can be the piece to get them over the hump.

He can especially get his money and a chance to win in a S&T. I really don't see a shot of him returning, and you can all hold me to this post if he does. It just seems too unlikely.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy