Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Comcast On Demand?

I can't find a single movie worth watching. Is it me or does anyone else notice how certain movies just rotate from one network to another. Constatine keeps jumping back and fourth fromm HBO to Cinemax. Batman Begins keep bouncing around. There is so many movies out there. Yet this on demand package seems to always have the same collction except for a few premiers.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Comcast On Demand?

You don't get Cinemax to watch movies, if you know what I mean
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
I can't find a single movie worth watching. Is it me or does anyone else notice how certain movies just rotate from one network to another. Constatine keeps jumping back and fourth fromm HBO to Cinemax. Batman Begins keep bouncing around. There is so many movies out there. Yet this on demand package seems to always have the same collction except for a few premiers.

Of course, since HBO and Cinemax are both co-owned, you gonna see a lot of their movies rotating between the two, maybe except for the HBO-owned movies (like their current one, Life Support, with Queen Latifah). In fact, I understand what you mean about a limited selection of movies on HBO and Cinemax. I have Video on Demand on my digital cable, and checked to see what the pay channels have right now, and Starz, by far, has the largest selection of movies (more than the other pay channels combined) in their collection, and that's not including the movies from their co-owned Encore channel.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
0ne50
Local High School Star

Yeah Starz is the only one with good movies to watch, they also have a large selection, but nothing I wanna watch right now. If comcaast wants to compete with video rentals they are gonna have ot step it up.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have comcast on demand...hbo, showtime, tmc, starz. You also got "Free Movies" option where there are a large selection of movies to watch...and most arent recycled nor on the premium channels. Starz has the most wide selection out of them all. You can also watch the Series of the cable shows you missed...those can beat movies.

Also with the regular cable channels...like discovery (dirty jobs) and a & e (the first 48, swat). Eh, i will say i have hit up on demand to see movies and have surfed every channels movies and came away watching nothing. They might wanna update and add some newer selection that will attract folks.

Splash came on tv...not sure what channel...maybe a & e or amc. Cant remember, either way i missed it. I wanna see it, that movie was good. But i cant find it on demand. Thats the problem. They need to make sure those type of movies are at your fingertips. I'm gonna check out 50 cent movie. Think it either comes on Demand or Showtime. Gotta check...came on last week, i missed it and check the next showing and i think it was today or maybe wed.

Last edited by GOBB : 03-20-2007 at 05:33 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Also comcast isnt gonna worry about competing with anyone considering they are taking over the entire east coast. They are dominating cable companies and putting them out of business. RCN here is struggling to stay alive...they are only alive for people who cant afford cable and need a cheap price. Since comcast is expensive as hell. But its everywhere just about.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont have Starz so i usually just what movies on HBO cause Showtime sucks for movies. I need to pick up Starz or check out the Free Movies ive never even looked at them.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Also comcast isnt gonna worry about competing with anyone considering they are taking over the entire east coast. They are dominating cable companies and putting them out of business. RCN here is struggling to stay alive...they are only alive for people who cant afford cable and need a cheap price. Since comcast is expensive as hell. But its everywhere just about.
It seems to me that they showcase the bare minimum of good movies.

I remember me thniking that it would replace my trips to blockbuster, but i was wrong.

I was gonna buy Lord of war, when it came out on DVD but I held off thinnking it would be on one of the premium channels soon. Wrong again.

Last edited by 0ne50 : 03-20-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Be glad you have Comcast. Adelphia had about 1/4 of the number of movies that Comcast had.

And then in my area, Comcast and Adelphia both gave up their market share to Time Warner.

You would think after Time Warner came in, they'd put their system up and everything would be consistent, but no. All they did was take away the NFL channel, and change the logos on everything.

Now my friend in the next city has Time Warner and I have Time Warner, but they had Comcast before, so they still have way more movies available than I do, they can search for movies in the t.v. guide, which I can't, and they have other features I don't have.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #10
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I cancelled Comcast and got Directv instead. Couldn't be happier. For three straight months the kept raising the price, finally I got tired of it and cancelled.

I got a bundle package with my phone line. dsl, and directv all for $79 a month. Which is a GREAT price considering I was paying around $170 a month for cable internet and digital cable through comcast.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: