Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #16
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: World soccer thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #17
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
I totally despise his antics and so it really hurts to say this but ... Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

he is very close. He scores so many goals for a middy.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
The EPL is overhyped.

It is still a tremendous league to play in and watch. The next best is probably the italian league because all the best italian players play there because they have to and the fans are insane.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #19
Soccer10
Banned

Quite frankly, Italian league is crap this year. No Juve and Milan is sucking big time.
They should be better next year.
Love Roma and Totti but they need to lose in the CL lol.

Anyway, I like how French play, they always have very athletic players and they play very attractive football. I also like to see some matches in Dutch and Portugal league, they have some good teams..
Wish I could see more of Ukrain and Russian league. They pay their players a lot and they play decent football.

Check this goal out from the Ukrain league...amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlV-N...0078006%2Ehtml

So yeah, there are some pretty good leagues all around Europe. South America is great but can't watch it..

I mostly watch Premiership but whenever there's a big derby somewhere else like Real-Barca or Iinter-Milan I just can't miss it.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of the Spanish league...dunno why, just not my cup of tea.
Barca was amazing last year and I've always liked them but never liked the league.
It was the best when Rivaldo was in Deportivo and Barca had that Dutch colony under Van Gaal IIRC.
And Madrid had Hierro, Redondo, Raul and others..oh boy, those were the days..I want those back
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

I mainly just pay attention to the Premier League and the Champions League. I'm an Arsenal fan so this year has been pretty frustrating with all the injuries.

I think next year Arsenal will be a beast. The defense has looked pretty good, but the offense is really lacking without Henry. Next year, Henry will be healthy. There is a lot of young talent like Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott, Diaby, and Adebayor.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #21
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

How about my boys from Pompey? From near relegation last season to a decent shot at Europe! What a turnaround Redknapp has engineered. If they can just get some help at midfield and a healthy, youthful striker, they might actually be able to take it to the next level. I fear a Wigan-type flameout if they don't plug the holes in the summer.
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #22
Scottish_Knicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Scottish_Knicks has an OK reputation so far

i am hoping chelsea win the league this year in england, we have a freindship with chelsea

up in scotland the team that i have followed my entire life and never miss a game ( home or away) are starting to gain a few points on celtic.

after our win at celtic park last week (thank you ugo ehigo ) and our 3-0 beating of aberdeen that leaves the famous glasgow rangers 13 points behind our most bitter rivels celtic!

21 points to play for

in all honesty there is NO CHANCE that rangers will win the league this season. it is all due to our manager that we had from the start of the sason till january, paul le guen came and ended our season before it had even started, celtic were 16 points ahead at halloween (about 12 weeks into a 38 week season)

so roll on next season when the famous glasgow rangers will be back playing at the biggest stage!

we are the people
(the club motto)
Scottish_Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
Soccer10
Banned

Alright...

Croatia beat The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia...damn, that's a stupid name.
England failed to win against Israel.
Cristiano scored 2 goals for Portugal.

And the best of all,

Borat's glorious country Kazakhstan beat Serbia... Hahaha, yes, yes yes..
Kazakhstan beat Serbia.
I'm sure something this great hasn't happened yet in their great history. Alright...I'm sure they"ll burn some jews tonight!!! (jk)

our team will be like god in my country now..they will have best cow for family and good prostitute...i hope that team captain has honour of my sister. my family like!

Last edited by Soccer10 : 03-24-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #24
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Eto'o and Drogba

that is what it ****ing do
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont really follow soccer(sorry im a dumb american) so im interested in some insight from those who do. Who would you say is the top 5 soccer players in the world.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #26
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
soccer is the best and most popular sport in the world. Sorry if you basketball fans cant take it.

Anyways, Man utd is going to win the treble this year and im glad arsenal isnt going to win ****

I wouldn't go that far
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #27
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Alright...

Croatia beat The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia...damn, that's a stupid name.
England failed to win against Israel.
Cristiano scored 2 goals for Portugal.

I can't believe that England couldn't even put up a single goal against Israel. It's a disgrace. McClaren needs to go immediately. How much worse of a run does England have to put up before they make a change?

As far as Ronaldo goes, he's playing some incredible football right now. There's no way United can let him go to Spain in the summer. He's definitely the top player in the world at the moment (with Ronaldinho, Drogba and Eto'o close behind). Portugal will be a threat in Euros and WC's as long as he's lacing the boots up for them.

Are you following the Copa Libertadores? What's with the tough time Boca Juniors is having? They should have qualified for the 2nd round already...
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #28
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I dont really follow soccer(sorry im a dumb american) so im interested in some insight from those who do. Who would you say is the top 5 soccer players in the world.
eh... ronaldinho, henry, christiano ronaldo, Fabio Cannavaro, messi
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Messi ain't no top 5.

Drogba is the best that's all I know. Cristiano? lol.

BTW, Switzerland EuroCup Champs 2008.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #30
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytalarino
I can't believe that England couldn't even put up a single goal against Israel. It's a disgrace. McClaren needs to go immediately. How much worse of a run does England have to put up before they make a change?

It's funny how every time a big tournament comes up England is amongst the favorites for it, even though they always look the weakest out of all of those teams.

That team lacks cohesiveness, creativity, and spirit. They basically look like a bunch of names that were thrown together at the last minute not even considering whether or not they form a squad.

But wow does McClaren suck as a coach. His club team Middlesbrough always threw money around at some talented players yet they always underachieved. He came out of there with one minor trophy and an asswhooping at the hands of Sevilla in the UEFA Cup final. That match alone should've told any England fan that they have the wrong man. Sevilla made Middlesbrough look like an amateur team in comparison.

But hey, at least he's English. What a joke of a team.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: