Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 11,824
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Durant averages 11.2 boards a game and blocks 2 shots a game.......for a GF, that is dominant.

The difference is one player is dominant on one side of the court, Kevin is dominant on both sides of the court which means he's the more dominant player and easily makes a bigger impact.

Oden averages 15 points a game on over 60% shooting on a trigger happy gaurd team. And overlooked by the fact he's getting consistantly double teamed in the paint, sometimes without the ball in his hand. His scoring average is definately flawed this year. If he stays in college, wait for those numbers to skyrocket. I think people are really mislead about Oden's ability to score.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
You obviously don't watch him play, because you are ignorant about his game and that is a ignorant statement.

I watch the majority of his games....you think because he avg steals and blocks per game stats he makes an impact defensively. Its hilarious. He's never shut down a player in the low post nor has he contained someone on the perimeter. In fact he rarely guards anyone straight up...nor does he protect the paint by stopping players from driving to the basket. Please smarten up. You must be a Longhorn fan.

Durant claim to fame is his offensive game which is dominant and he is a good rebounder. Not defensively...its an area he needs to work on and improve. He needs to be taught how to play defense. You dont know a thing about Kevin Durant defensively. I suggest you learn kid. And you can run and grab whatever articles, college analysts, NBA GM, scouts and I gurantee you'll see rereading much of what I have typed. No go fix me and you a phucking sandwhich because Texas is due to come on.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #18
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Nice spin, Durant takes the shots, because he's the best player on his team, he's not a selfish stat whore and he is a team player, he said he loves double teams, because he can pass to a open teamate. He plays with freshman and all freshman can't dominate like him, its not like he plays with veteran juniors and seniors like Durant who he can defer to

and for someone that passes as much as you say Oden does, why does Kevin have double the assists?

The only thing Oden does better than Durant is block shots (which he only leads by 1.5) and thats it
Oden passes out of double teams and moves the ball around the floor, and doesn't care if he is marked down for an assist or not.

And don't even try to tell me that Durant is even remotely close to Oden in defense. Ask yourself this. Who changes more offensive gameplans? Oden or Durant. There you have you're answer.

And Durant forces up shots because he doesn't look to move the ball and get a quality shot. Durant and Oden has similar talent around them, yet Oden is a 1 seed because he looks to win, and does everything on defense, and the boards, to get his team a W.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Oden averages 15 points a game on over 60% shooting on a trigger happy gaurd team. And overlooked by the fact he's getting consistantly double teamed in the paint, sometimes without the ball in his hand. His scoring average is definately flawed this year. If he stays in college, wait for those numbers to skyrocket. I think people are really mislead about Oden's ability to score.

Tell me something I don't know, Centers ALWAYS have a higher FG% than G/F, so that stat means nothing and you act like durant doesn't face double teams when he doesn't have the ball, thats how Kansas beat Texas and we're not talking about next year, were talking about this year.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Yeah because being 6-9 with a wingspan of a 7 footer doesn't alter shots, your right I need to get a clue.

Cite games. Please do. He's not a defensive prescence under the basket like Oden is genius. And you sit there and have the nerve to mention his wingspan yet why does Durant find it difficult to defend players on the perimeter? Wouldnt his wingspan, his athletic ability rival that of Tayshaun Prince where he could become a good to great defender? Why is it Durant isnt? Because he doesnt know HOW to play defense. And when he learns, when he is taught he'll be that much better. According to you Durant has no flaws, weakenesses or knocks. You cant even evaluate a player you like to watch. Amazing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

The gap between Durant's offense and Odens offense is the same as Odens defense vs Durants defense. Get over it. You sat there trying to put up a stat "He's only 1.5 away". No he's not, he's no where NEAR a shot blocker Oden is nor is he near the defender he is. You tried to throw up a BS argument that Oden is better defensively but not that much as fans make it seem when you're wrong. Wake the hell up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #22
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 11,824
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Tell me something I don't know, Centers ALWAYS have a higher FG% than G/F, so that stat means nothing and you act like durant doesn't face double teams when he doesn't have the ball, thats how Kansas beat Texas and we're not talking about next year, were talking about this year.


Did my post say anything about Durant not being able to dominate offensively . I'm saying you underestimate Oden's impact on offense. Your post I responded to indicated you thought Oden was one dimensional.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #23
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Oden passes out of double teams and moves the ball around the floor, and doesn't care if he is marked down for an assist or not.

And don't even try to tell me that Durant is even remotely close to Oden in defense. Ask yourself this. Who changes more offensive gameplans? Oden or Durant. There you have you're answer.

And Durant forces up shots because he doesn't look to move the ball and get a quality shot. Durant and Oden has similar talent around them, yet Oden is a 1 seed because he looks to win, and does everything on defense, and the boards, to get his team a W.

By position alone Oden is going to be a more dominant defensive player, he's a center, he blocks shots in the paint..........thats his job. I'm not saying Durant is the more dominant defensive player out of the two.

I'm saying what Durant does at his position is more impressive and your crazy if you say the have equal talent around them and thats why Oden's team is a 1 seed, not because Oden "wants to win more"

some of these excuses are starting to be ridiculous
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #24
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cite games. Please do. He's not a defensive prescence under the basket like Oden is genius.


Well no duh..........Durant is not a center genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And you sit there and have the nerve to mention his wingspan yet why does Durant find it difficult to defend players on the perimeter?Wouldnt his wingspan, his athletic ability rival that of Tayshaun Prince where he could become a good to great defender? Why is it Durant isnt? Because he doesnt know HOW to play defense. And when he learns, when he is taught he'll be that much better. According to you Durant has no flaws, weakenesses or knocks. You cant even evaluate a player you like to watch. Amazing.

I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws, but he has less flaws than Oden, I mean some of the stuff your saying I could turn it right around. If Oden is so dominant, why the hell is he being out rebounded by a perimeter player?

Blocking shots doesn't make you the most dominant player in college and the difference in Durant's and Oden's D is not as big of a gap as your making it and it certainly doesn't = the difference in Duran't and Oden's offense.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Lets put it like this......Kevin Durant is going to run away with the college player of the year, by a HUGE margin.....why, because he's the best player in college basketball and makes a bigger impact on his team.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #26
tmacman
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 910
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

durant
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

people like to confuse "impact" with "kool stats"

Oden has more "impact."

Durant has more "kool stats."

if you've ever played basketball and had a guy who was 6 inches taller than everyone else on the floor on the other team standing in the lane altering everyone's shot, you know the correct answer to this quesetion and that's Oden. the shots not only that he blocks, but that he doesn't allow to be even attempted just by being in the game, combined with the psychological impact, it's not close. if you disagree you're just.. wrong. play against a guy like Oden and tell me he's not a "top 10 impact player."

Durant is really good but players like Oden are in a seperate category.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Lets put it like this......Kevin Durant is going to run away with the college player of the year, by a HUGE margin.....why, because he's the best player in college basketball and makes a bigger impact on his team.

So according to that logic you think Steve Nash has the biggest impact in the NBA?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 11,824
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Geewiz, explain why you use "k" in "kool stats". Does that have a significant meaning?
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #30
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
people like to confuse "impact" with "kool stats"

Oden has more "impact."

Durant has more "kool stats."

if you've ever played basketball and had a guy who was 6 inches taller than everyone else on the floor on the other team standing in the lane altering everyone's shot, you know the correct answer to this quesetion and that's Oden. the shots not only that he blocks, but that he doesn't allow to be even attempted just by being in the game, combined with the psychological impact, it's not close. if you disagree you're just.. wrong. play against a guy like Oden and tell me he's not a "top 10 impact player."

Durant is really good but players like Oden are in a seperate category.

Basketball isn't just played on one end of the court, Durant gets to the line and racks up fouls on the opposition, that is just as big as any psychological impact that Oden can offer up. Durant takes people out of the game.

Again being a shot blocker doesn't automatically make you the most dominant player in college, especially in a college sport where the freaking 3 point line is basically a FT.

I also love the fact that when I guy puts up great numbers people chalk it up to "kool stats" or selfish play and then on the other side they want to glorify another guy who puts up less, it is what it is........
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy