Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who has a bigger impact: Oden or Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Lets put it like this......Kevin Durant is going to run away with the college player of the year, by a HUGE margin.....why, because he's the best player in college basketball.

Durant plays 36mpg vs Odens 30. Simple.

Durant will win college player of the year because as a freshman he is an offensive nightmare. Not because of his defense. Durant isnt even that much of a passer considering where he spends the majority of the time. Only has 2 games where he had 4 assist total. I didnt argue Durant wasnt the best player in college. We're talkin impact in a game. You mentioned Durants all around game. I point out he isnt much of a defender and not much of a passer either. He's scoring and grabbing boards. Kudos. Let me see durant avg 11 boards a game with 1 hand.

Durant has scoring over Oden...but i can easily throw the simple minded statement you did when it came to Oden and blocking shots. "Durants a perimeter player, he shoots more than Oden does. Duh".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Geewiz, explain why you use "k" in "kool stats". Does that have a significant meaning?
immature connotation. maybe it'd be better if I made it "kOoL sTatZ!11"

this is just another big man vs. little man debate. for some reason in the NBA it's an easy answer but apply it to college ball and people don't know how to handle the question. a player like Oden hasn't graced college bball in... how long? who was the last one? Durant is so great. but there's a reason his team won't make the final 4. it's because his team's best player is a SF and OH St's best player is a 7'1 C who shuts down the paint 40 minutes per game.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #33
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oden will no doubt have more impact in the NBA in my opinion, but this question was about college, correct? And Durant has shown more impact and more dominance along with valuability to his team then Oden had, therefore in college, I'll give it to Durant, but the pros can be a different story. I really don't think Oden's game has translated well to the college game, hopefully it will to the pros because I think he can become a top 5 center in the L.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #34
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
So according to that logic you think Steve Nash has the biggest impact in the NBA?

Well if you want to get right down to it, people can make a case that Nash does have the biggest impact in the NBA, he can break down the best defense in the league with ease and he does make the biggest impact for his team in the league.......other than LeBron.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Also Oden's offensive impact could be greater if his gaurd looked to him more but they love the 3 ball. If he got more touches he would score more while Durant touches the ball everytime down the court. When Oden does get the ball he is constantly double.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
immature connotation. maybe it'd be better if I made it "kOoL sTatZ!11"

Gatcha.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Basketball isn't just played on one end of the court, Durant gets to the line and racks up fouls on the opposition, that is just as big as any psychological impact that Oden can offer up. Durant takes people out of the game.
oh come on.

Quote:
I also love the fact that when I guy puts up great numbers people chalk it up to "kool stats" or selfish play and then on the other side they want to glorify another guy who puts up less, it is what it is........
Durant is the best non-Oden college player since Melo. might even be better than Melo. he's amazing. but Oden is in another category. he's in the Shaq, Duncan, Russell category. Durant's in the Kobe category.

I'm not saying Durant isn't great. I'm saying his impact on the game is not as great as Oden's.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #38
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

I'm done with this thread, because the Odenites are always going to say Oden, no matter what, just because he's a center and blocks shots.

and the Durantians are going to say Durant, because of his all around game and he's easily more valuable to his team than Oden and is the best player in college hoops.

So to save alot of time with pointless arguing I'm going to leave it at this

You can make a case for both guys depending on your perspective on college basketball and the game in general.

peace out.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 03-18-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #39
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm done with this thread, because the Odenites are always going to say Oden, no matter what, just because he's a center and blocks shots.

and the Durantians are going to say Durant, because of his all around game and he's easily more valuable to his team than Oden and is the best player in college hoops.

You can make a case for both guys depending on your perspective on college basketball and the game in general.

peace out.

Hey, at least you got GoBB and Geewiz to work together on a thread, that's impressive!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #40
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

peace out.
Ohio State is a #1 seed. Texas is a #4 seed. More impact = Oden. Close thread.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #41
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

How is this guy not banned yet.

I'm going to quote a commercial......."it takes five", moron.

I guess by your logic Dampier makes more of a impact than Shaq.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #42
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Florida are the defending champs and #1 seed. Ohio St is just a #1 seed. More impact=Noah. Close thread.

GTFO with that ****. Have you no logic?? Go back to hyping your boy Troy Smith(Mr. 3rd Round)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #43
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Mario Chalmers and Kansas are a #1 as well, Chalmers = Oden impact wise? Chalmers > Durant? Chalmers > Acie Law? Try again kid.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #44
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Look at you f*cking wussies getting their panties in a bunch.

But anyway, you dudes can hit me up when Noah and Chalmers lead their teams to #1 seeds as freshman like Oden has done. I'm waiting...
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PB is a dumbass. Kid doesnt even know about OSU bball team. Start ignoring him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: