1. Is it okay for adults to play video games? Sure is. When I become an adult I'm gonna play some.
2. Why do people hate on adults playing video games? Because it's normally something that kids or teenagers do, and some people think it makes adults look childish.
3. What types of games do you normally buy? Sports games and first person shooters (preferably WWII).
4. What was the first game you played as a child? I think it was NBA Live 2000.
5. Will you ever stop playing video games? Probably not. I'm not a big gamer as it is, but I will probably play 'em for a while.
6. Why is there a growing number of young adults playing video games? Because more games are being made that young adults like.
7. When playing games with lots of violence, offensive language, and sexual nudity, what would you do to change the way those kinds of games are made? Nothing. The rating system takes care of all that.
1. I think the cut-off should be around 30-35.
2. It's about the perception that they have no life and not doing the things that regular adults at that point in their life should be doing(i.e. starting a family and providing for family)
3. Sports, FPS, Action platform.
5. Yes, when there are better things to do such as playing golf and traveling.
6. Addicting online games are now being designed for the young adult age level (but those youngins stil find a way to play games like Gears of War, GRAW).
7. If their targets are young adults, they should change nothing.
P.S. When you are trying to meet new women, do they find men who play games attractive? (Im talking about women who don't play games them selves)
Uhm the average age for people playing videogames is their mid 30's so I think you need to rethink your post.
to be fair Xbox and PS are both targeted to adults and those with high disposible income.
Well said these game systems are geared towards adults basically. To take it even further most good games are rated for 17 and above essentially an adult. Iím dam near 30 and my wife is 24 we both play video games. My wife loves her DS and can kick most peopleís ass at burnout on the 360 and myself I can play 2k7 or Crackdown for hours. Although things will change in a few weeks when my son is born I probably will never have the time to play.
I just turned 27 last week, and I own a PlayStation 2, so yeah I play video games. I only own three games (Madden 2007, NBA 2K7, and some other free game that came with my PS2). Like a few mentioned in this post, I play the games (mostly 3-4 times a week) mostly to unwind from a long day of work. I don't see any problem for adults to play video games...hell, they make a lot of games targeted to adults. As long as those games don't dominate your time and life to the point you become obsessed with them, it shouldn't be a problem. It's just like people spending a lot of time on internet, whether it be just surfing, playing games (I play dominoes a lot on the internet), reading the news, etc.
1. Is it okay for adults to play video games?Yes. Why not? I'm 32 and I still play. I have a wife and 2 children. I do not neglect them. I almost never play games when they are at home. Usually play while my wife is at work and the kids are still at school.
2. Why do people hate on adults playing video games?because I think the average person thinks that video games are something young kids do when they did not have too many options...like being under 16 and not having your license, so you're stuck at home.
3. What types of games do you normally buy? Sports. Racing. GTA style games. probably in that order.
4. What was the first game you played as a child?Frogger and Pitfall on the original Atari
5. Will you ever stop playing video games?there will probably come a time, but I don't see it anywhere in the near future.
6. Why is there a growing number of young adults playing video games?because the games continue to advance in graphics and enjoyment. also video games are more widely available and a lot better variety today than say 20 years ago.
7. When playing games with lots of violence, offensive language, and sexual nudity, what would you do to change the way those kinds of games are made?nothing. if it's made for adults and contains the MA rating clearly on the package, it is perfectly fine. I've seen a ton of movies with these characteristics, and nothing is being done.
Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 03-21-2007 at 03:45 AM.