Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #31
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Man up or wuss out?

Tell him to go beat the other guy's ass.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #32
Latina Heat
Not a Bandwagon Fan!

Latina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected poster

I know im a little late in the topic but i thought i'd throw a female perspective into things. I can understand why your friend would be upset about what happened, and i guess he was afraid to fight the guy that was hitting on his girlfriend, but that's no reason to get mad at her for it. Like everyone has been saying she can't exactly help it and as long as she wasn't flirting back i dont see the problem.

But to everyone who was saying he should have fought the guy, I think that's the wrong approach too. This isn't the stone age. Women don't pick a guy just because he can beat someone else up, women pick a guy because they like the guy. Fighting doesn't prove anything except that he's short tempered and if anything that might push the girl away.
Latina Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #33
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina Heat
I know im a little late in the topic but i thought i'd throw a female perspective into things. I can understand why your friend would be upset about what happened, and i guess he was afraid to fight the guy that was hitting on his girlfriend, but that's no reason to get mad at her for it. Like everyone has been saying she can't exactly help it and as long as she wasn't flirting back i dont see the problem.

But to everyone who was saying he should have fought the guy, I think that's the wrong approach too. This isn't the stone age. Women don't pick a guy just because he can beat someone else up, women pick a guy because they like the guy. Fighting doesn't prove anything except that he's short tempered and if anything that might push the girl away.

hello Ms Heat.

can I ask you a hypothetical question?

let's say you are in love with two men. they do not know each other because they live time zones apart (and you travel a lot)

how would you ultimately choose? i was just always curious about these dramatic things.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #34
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice story.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
that's precisely what happened.

Of course it is. Because she's full of ****. Typical female that doesn't want to be alone so she has to cling to someone at all times. She hung out with your friend until she knew she could get with the other guy. As soon as it was in the clear, she left your friend in the dust.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #36
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

eh im not a violent guy largely because ive never had to be. i wouldnt fight over a girl (meaning fight a guy just because he likes my girl) because its not like shes a damn trophy. the only way fightin makes sense(in this situation, there are others) is if she asks him to leave and he wont at which point you tell him to leave. if that doesnt work then you kind of have to get physical. he shouldnt have ever gotten mad at her and what the hell does he think you could have done? gone and beat the guy up for him? this is kind of retarded and he probably deserves to be single. also for getting suspended are you in hs? if so there are lots of ways around getting suspended.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #37
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

honestly, you cant be mad at the other guy... He stepped up and took her away from him... the fat guy proved him right, when he acted like his girl wasnt worth standing up to another guy over. Women like to feel wanted. If she sees that her Bf wont bother to defend her, she'll find a guy who will...Plus you dont want other guys feeling like they can take what is yours from you... Men will make a habit of hitting on wifey if they think you wont do anything about it.. Guys will approach your girl while you standing right there and start rapping to her... Dudes can be really bold and disrespectful if you let them think they can get away with it...

the fat kid lost his broad, thats the way cookie crumbles sometimes.. Hope he learned a lesson from it
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #38
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

let's take an isolated situation...

let's say some extremely cocky machismo guy hits on your girl hard while you are there with her and he does not care you are there and he knows you are there.

you would at least mouth him off and maybe shove him right?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #39
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
let's take an isolated situation...

let's say some extremely cocky machismo guy hits on your girl hard while you are there with her and he does not care you are there and he knows you are there.

Mouthing off, yes. I wouldn't get physical unless he got in my face, or my girlfriend's face.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #40
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

happened to me in HS.. I was at a house party with my G. We was hugged up in the corner with the lights low and this guy comes up and starts holdin her hand while Im holding her around the waist.... He starts whispering in her ear while Im right there

Im like "Doggy, this ones taken.... beat it" he kinda ignored me and kept talking to her..... So I pushed his hand away and said something to the effect of "dont body yourself, its only friday"

the whole time she is looking at him and looking at me sorta in shock like "what am I supposed to do?"

he stepped off and there wasnt a fight over it, but there would have been if he didnt leave.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #41
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
happened to me in HS.. I was at a house party with my G. We was hugged up in the corner with the lights low and this guy comes up and starts holdin her hand while Im holding her around the waist.... He starts whispering in her ear while Im right there

Im like "Doggy, this ones taken.... beat it" he kinda ignored me and kept talking to her..... So I pushed his hand away and said something to the effect of "dont body yourself, its only friday"

the whole time she is looking at him and looking at me sorta in shock like "what am I supposed to do?"

he stepped off and there wasnt a fight over it, but there would have been if he didnt leave.

but the one thing I don't get is what does that mean

"don't body yourself, it's only Friday?"
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #42
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
but the one thing I don't get is what does that mean

"don't body yourself, it's only Friday?"

just means dont be stupid and get yourself hurt up so early in the weekend.....

really, you dont wanna fight over something like that, but letting this clown push up on my girl while Im standing right there is not happening.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: