Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Underrated

I feel underrated as a poster.

That's it.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default Re: Underrated

Meh. If you don't post in every topic you can, that tends to happen.

I agree btw.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
The_Masterplan
Banned
 
The_Masterplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: Underrated

thats what she said
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: Underrated

There aren't any "poster ratings" last time I checked.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Underrated

I feel like posting a girl problem here, don't want this thread to be totally useless therefore I will just get some advice from the guys.

First of all, I think I'm asking this from ISH guys since I have only a few guy friends, all my friends are generally girls because I love being around women .

Anyways here is my problem:

I like this girl a lot. She currently lives in Houston while I'm living in Austin. She is about to leave Houston though, since her real home is in Mexico. She is a really sweet girl, and is one of those keeper type of deal. I talk to her, and she tells me she wants to keep studying in Houston, perhaps go to UH, but apparently due to some circumstance, that might not be possible right now.

I have not told her how I felt though, and she is going to be leaving in a couple of months. First of all, I'm not a coward, I usually am straightforward with a girl and let her know of my intentions (btw, I'm a virgin and I strongly believe in abstaining until marriage, so don't think I tell her "I want to have sex with you"). The problem with this girl is that since she is really pretty, therefore a lot of guys are after her. She tells me that when she tries to make a guy friend, sometimes they end up liking her and she always ends up dissapointed. I'm scared of upsetting her because I've become one of her best friends, even though we live in different cities. I go to Houston often so I try to take her out whenever I can, or at least see her. I know she really loves me as a friend. My birthday was two days ago, and she gave me a card saying I'm a very special person to her. I don't take this to literally though because Mexican girls are usually really sweet, and they seem to lead you on, when in reality they are just friendly.

Anyways, what should I do? Should I say something, or should I just be quiet? I'm really respectful towards girls, and I guess sometimes I'm so humble that I completely don't care about me, and I just care to satisfy them. I don't want to be thought of as a puppet though, so that's why I know I need to back off me being so dang nice.

Anyways, opinions?
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
Jabes
Banned
 
Jabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 608
Default Re: Underrated

It sounds like your pretty deep in the "friend zone" which means your probably ****ed. Plus she told you that she ends up disappointed when her guy friends like her as more than a friend, which could mean she's telling you she sees you as just a friend.

Regardless, you should tell her how you feel. It's pointless to go on being friends with a girl your crazy about since it will only cause you more suffering. What are you going to do when she meets someone? Do you really want to hear how johnny-big-dick was giving it to her all night?
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes
It sounds like your pretty deep in the "friend zone" which means your probably ****ed. Plus she told you that she ends up disappointed when her guy friends like her as more than a friend, which could mean she's telling you she sees you as just a friend.

Regardless, you should tell her how you feel. It's pointless to go on being friends with a girl your crazy about since it will only cause you more suffering. What are you going to do when she meets someone? Do you really want to hear how johnny-big-dick was giving it to her all night?

How do I avoid these situations?

I'm sick of ending up as a friend. I've tried so many different ways to avoid this, but somehow I end up as a good friend, and honestly I'm sick of it. How can I avoid it?
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
How do I avoid these situations?

I'm sick of ending up as a friend. I've tried so many different ways to avoid this, but somehow I end up as a good friend, and honestly I'm sick of it. How can I avoid it?

Didnt you say you're a man and that you make your intentions clear from the get-go? If you practice what you preach, there's less chance of ending up on the friends list, since they know you mean business from the start.

Secondly, lets see a picture of her. Then I let you know if she's worth pursuing and we'll plan your course of action accordingly.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Didnt you say you're a man and that you make your intentions clear from the get-go? If you practice what you preach, there's less chance of ending up on the friends list, since they know you mean business from the start.

Secondly, lets see a picture of her. Then I let you know if she's worth pursuing and we'll plan your course of action accordingly.

I'm sorry man, I'm not going to be posting a picture of her. Anyways, I do let them know of my intentions from the beginning, but for some reason it still ends up in a friend relationship, which isn't cool. There is a reason I have a lot of friends that are girls.

People tend to trust me a lot. Which is probably why I end up as friends with them, so I don't know.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Underrated

Recently one of my friends who wants to major in photography took pictures of me, here is one of them, I hope yall have fun mocking me since that's what happens when you post pictures of yourself.



Quick Facts:
-Picture taken at UH by Architecture building
-Grass was actually green, but my friend used photoshop in order to make the picture better therefore he made it a fall color.

Last edited by ElPigto : 03-20-2007 at 12:43 AM.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I'm sorry man, I'm not going to be posting a picture of her. Anyways, I do let them know of my intentions from the beginning, but for some reason it still ends up in a friend relationship, which isn't cool. There is a reason I have a lot of friends that are girls.

People tend to trust me a lot. Which is probably why I end up as friends with them, so I don't know.

That doesnt make any sense. If they know your intentions from the start, then there is no misunderstanding. If they're not interested and you're not interested in ending up on the friends ladder, then you cut it out before the relationship can progress.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #12
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
There aren't any "poster ratings" last time I checked.

Doesn't mean I can't feel underrated.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,636
Default Re: Underrated

I'd say just tell her how you feel. Like you said she might be leaving so if she doesn't feel the same way at least she won't be around much so it might not eat you up as much. And if she does decide she wants to see if there's anything between you guys then maybe it'll be a way to get her to stay longer. I've learned though it's always best to get you feelings out there and let nature take its course.

It's better to find out she's not interested and move on to someone else than keep it bottled in forever and wonder if something could be there. Believe me
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
Jabes
Banned
 
Jabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 608
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
How do I avoid these situations?

I'm sick of ending up as a friend. I've tried so many different ways to avoid this, but somehow I end up as a good friend, and honestly I'm sick of it. How can I avoid it?
It's pretty simple. When you see a girl you like, start flirting with her, and be a little aggresive. Ask her for a date early so she knows from the start that your interested in starting a relationship.

You're going to get rejected (we all do), and dealing with it is the hardest part, but if it only works 1 out of 10 times, then thats all you need.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #15
Jabes
Banned
 
Jabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 608
Default Re: Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Anyways, I do let them know of my intentions from the beginning, but for some reason it still ends up in a friend relationship, which isn't cool. There is a reason I have a lot of friends that are girls.

People tend to trust me a lot. Which is probably why I end up as friends with them, so I don't know.

If you let them know your intentions from the start, but still end up as a friend, then that that means they don't feel the same.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy