Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #31
215Philly
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwest0
Random question, but do you have any idea on why the 76ers are trying to move MCW so much?
I honestly don't know. He's had injury issues & was allowed to statpad on a shit team so they might feel he's overrated. I still want him because a core of MCW-Parker/Wiggins-Randle/Zach-Noel would be sick
215Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #32
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwest0
Random question, but do you have any idea on why the 76ers are trying to move MCW so much?

Doesn't really make sense to me as an outside observer. Inflated numbers = inflated value, or they really like Exum/Smart. Maybe just bullshit.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #33
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

1. Cleveland [Jabari Parker]
2. Milwaukee [Andrew Wiggins]
3. Philadelphia [Joel Embiid]
4. Magic [Dante Exum]
5. Utah [Aaron Gordon]
6. Boston [Julius Randle]
7. LA Lakers [Marcus Smart]
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #34
NBAplayoffs2001
MJ- Da Brooklyn Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
3. Philadelphia [Joel Embiid]
4. Magic [Dante Exum]
5. Utah [Aaron Gordon]
6. Boston [Julius Randle]
7. LA Lakers [Marcus Smart]

Dont see it happenin.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #35
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
Dont see it happenin.
Yeah, it's a tough call, but this is my alternate scenario.

3. Philadelphia [Dante Exum]
4. Magic [Marcus Smart]
5. Utah [Aaron Gordon]
6. Boston [Joel Embiid]
7. LA Lakers [Julius Randle]
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #36
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/writer...r-derrick-rose

Cavs reportedly leaning towards Jabari Parker because he's more "Nba ready".
Tou know I wouldnt even trip if we chose Parker at #1 but i dont think ill ever get over passing Andrew freaking Wiggins!
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #37
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Why is Miami so enamored with Genitalia? Late second at best.

Maybe because they need a scorer and GenTILE is NBA ready to contribute off the bench in terms of scoring.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #38
Cactus-Sack
Bang Bang!

The only way Embiid falls past Orlando is if Philly takes Exum. They'd be fools not to take which ever one of the two is left at #4.
Cactus-Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #39
EricGordon23
Good college starter

I hope Mcdermott goes to the suns
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:00 AM   #40
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/writer...r-derrick-rose

Cavs reportedly leaning towards Jabari Parker because he's more "Nba ready".
Tou know I wouldnt even trip if we chose Parker at #1 but i dont think ill ever get over passing Andrew freaking Wiggins!

Wiggins is hell overrated. His change of direction and beating guys off the dribble worries me.

I worry that the Cavs miss out picking the best player in the Draft because of injury.

Embiid is the best player in the draft
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 AM   #41
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Wiggins is hell overrated. His change of direction and beating guys off the dribble worries me.

I worry that the Cavs miss out picking the best player in the Draft because of injury.

Embiid is the best player in the draft
I agree that he may be overrated a little. While he has more overall potential than Parker, I feel that Parker is actually the safer pick but with Wiggins you could be getting more or less than expected.

Huge Duke fan too btw, cant wait to watch Jabari at the next level!
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #42
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I agree that he may be overrated a little. While he has more overall potential than Parker, I feel that Parker is actually the safer pick but with Wiggins you could be getting more or less than expected.

Huge Duke fan too btw, cant wait to watch Jabari at the next level!

Parker will be the better player by a safe margin than Wiggins, I hope u guys go him and let a team like bucks take Wiggins. Bucks will benefit from the hype he will bring.

Parker has great footwork, shooting mechanics, post game, can play defense. Just a well rounded player and a certain all star one day
Old 06-22-2014, 03:41 AM   #43
Smook A.
Hou Rox

Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:45 AM   #44
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Parker will be the better player by a safe margin than Wiggins, I hope u guys go him and let a team like bucks take Wiggins. Bucks will benefit from the hype he will bring.

Parker has great footwork, shooting mechanics, post game, can play defense. Just a well rounded player and a certain all star one day
Wiggins is a far better defender than Parker... with all of the tools to be an elite defender in this league, imo. That's arguably Parker's biggest concern going into the NBA and probably the safest aspect of Wiggins' game.

I also really like Wiggins' mechanics on his jumper. Take a look for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8PKsk3riiA

He's got a really nice, consistent jumpshot in all three areas (spot-up, step-back, pull-up). I think he's probably being overrated by some, but also underrated by others.

His biggest issue right now is his handle. That's the area where Parker has a significant edge.

The question is, how much can Wiggins improve with his handle/finishing ability/footwork and how much can Parker improve with his defense/playing off the ball. Plus, I heard Parker is 245 pounds right now. That's bigger than I'd like for a teenager who is still growing.

Also, Parker had one of the highest usage rates for non-PGs in the entire country. Wiggins, meanwhile, showed a nice offensive game off-the-ball for such a young player.

It would seem that, with two good ball-handlers in Irving and Waiters, handling the ball would be less of a need for the Cavs.

But, if they prefer Parker I'm not going to flip out about it. These guys are very close prospects, imo. Parker is probably a bit safer and Wiggins has a higher ceiling on both sides of the floor.

It wouldn't surprise me if both guys ended up being Top 5 SFs in the NBA within a few years. I'm not really sure we can go wrong.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 06-22-2014 at 03:52 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:02 AM   #45
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Wiggins is a far better defender than Parker... with all of the tools to be an elite defender in this league, imo. That's arguably Parker's biggest concern going into the NBA and probably the safest aspect of Wiggins' game.

I also really like Wiggins' mechanics on his jumper. Take a look for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8PKsk3riiA

He's got a really nice, consistent jumpshot in all three areas (spot-up, step-back, pull-up). I think he's probably being overrated by some, but also underrated by others.

His biggest issue right now is his handle. That's the area where Parker has a significant edge.

The question is, how much can Wiggins improve with his handle/finishing ability/footwork and how much can Parker improve with his defense/playing off the ball. Plus, I heard Parker is 245 pounds right now. That's bigger than I'd like for a teenager who is still growing.

Also, Parker had one of the highest usage rates for non-PGs in the entire country. Wiggins, meanwhile, showed a nice offensive game off-the-ball for such a young player.

It would seem that, with two good ball-handlers in Irving and Waiters, handling the ball would be less of a need for the Cavs.

But, if they prefer Parker I'm not going to flip out about it. These guys are very close prospects, imo. Parker is probably a bit safer and Wiggins has a higher ceiling on both sides of the floor.

It wouldn't surprise me if both guys ended up being Top 5 SFs in the NBA within a few years. I'm not really sure we can go wrong.

Handles is something that nba players tend to have coming out of college.

If what we expect from Wiggins is to be a dynamic superstar of the league, he will need to learn to beat guys off the dribble, but also change direction. He's great in a straight line open court situation, but if you force him to use footwork and handles he will likely turn the ball over.

nba defenses will force Wiggins into jump shots if he doesn't improve these areas. I'm not saying he will be a flop, but a lot lower than his lofty athleticism and speed tends to suggest.

I have no doubt that Wiggins has reliable shooting aspects of his game to overcome some shortcomings.

Still, a very handy player to add to the Cavs weaknesses or not.

Last edited by poido123 : 06-22-2014 at 04:05 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: