Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
He should make the second round of the NBA draft, great player.
Some points on Ron's game:
- He possesses a NBA ready body of that is stronger than most players his size in college
- Capable of converting some difficult finishes around the basket
- Explosive scorer who can drop serious points
- He can get to the basket and draw fouls by creating contact on defenders
- Solid pull-up jumper off the dribble
- Clutch player who can make big shots in critical moments of games
- He is an underrated rebounder
- He is a weak defender but has all the tools to develop that side of his game, except for size.
- Has no mid-range game and sometimes settles for an outside jumper
- Questionable shot selection
- hasn't got great court vision
- needs to improve quickness
Ron is an NBA ready player; he has a scorer’s mentality and would be an asset to any NBA bench. It would not take long for him to develop his defensive game to the point where he can play NBA minutes.
He is a definite 40-50 draft second round selection and may even surprise some people and go earlier.
He reminds me of Vernon Maxwell in 94-95, in the way that he can score, and who wouldn’t want Vernon Maxwell on their bench?