Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Drazen_Petrovic has an OK reputation so far
Default Illegal D-Nets Improvement

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like in the beginning of the season we would average 2 to 3 Illegal D calls per game. Seems like it's gone down a lot.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illegal D-Nets Improvement

they were mostly caused by Collins or Krstic.

since one was taken out, I give all the credit of improvement to Collins.

good job Collins. one baby step at a time. next we need to work on making sure you can score around the basket.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Or at least be able to grab a rebound, We could use some more rebounding from our big men.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
Or at least be able to grab a rebound, We could use some more rebounding from our big men.

meh, he can get them... when he tries, but far too often when he's guarding All Star big men, he gets outrebounded badly.

but his first priority is often to box out for Jason Kidd. always has been for years now.

but seriously, each time Collins gtes an offensive board and tries to take it back up, he gets stripped of the ball.

you can tell his arms are slightly more cut so he does work out. so it's all about explosiveness.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

what kills us is even if he gets the offensive board, he goes up and gets fouled, we're not guarenteed anything withi his free throws.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazen_Petrovic
what kills us is even if he gets the offensive board, he goes up and gets fouled, we're not guarenteed anything withi his free throws.

we're guaranteed a 30 second respite for Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson
Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
whaley82
High School JV MVP

I don't really mind Collins going to the line, I get scared though everytime he shoots a jumper.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #8
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
I don't really mind Collins going to the line, I get scared though everytime he shoots a jumper.

haha i crack up everytime he takes a jumper. Flat Footed and 1 handed He is getting better tho
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

each time Set Shot Willy strokes it, I burst out laughing.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #10
whaley82
High School JV MVP

It is getting better but everytime I stand up and start screaming at the TV what are you thinking lol.

Last edited by whaley82 : 03-20-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Putting the ball in Collins' hands is like putting it in a black hole; you can't get around it. He couldn't finish around the rim if his life depended on it, and if he's fouled, it's worse news. He's competing against Shaq's "Shaq attack" with his own slogan "Crack a Collins."
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Collins is the new Shaq, minus the skill. At least Shaq makes free throws when it counts.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #13
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
good job Collins. one baby step at a time. next we need to work on making sure you can score around the basket.
I'm sorry but I cant give this guy the baby step treatment. He is a profesional basketball player. He's more than 4 years deep in this league now. He is been to the finals twice and to the playoffs every year of his career. Can we say he has actually improved?

If this was an everyday job like most of us. Scoring around the basket could be compared to working the copy machine. He still can't work the machine.If shooting foul shots is like coming to work on time.Then Collins would always showing up 1/2 hour late. scoring a couple baskets inside and catching the ball is like finishing your everyday work tasks at the office.

At some point you learn your routine at your job.

If you can't work the copy machine, show up late for work and can not get your daily work done you get fired or demoted.

Collins has been a starter for the Nets as long as I can remember. How come Boki Nachbar is not starting? Because we need him off the bench? C'mon! were not evan that good to be able to say that.

Boki can make copies, show up to work, finish his tasks & dunk on peoples heads!

VcDaPtW, I love your comments but I gotta ask. I have never heard you be critical of Collins. Why do you always stand up for him? Cause he takes a charge once in a while? And don't say how good he is at defense.

Last edited by RichMo : 03-20-2007 at 10:10 PM.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
I'm sorry but I cant give this guy the baby step treatment. He is a profesional basketball player. He's more than 4 years deep in this league now. He is been to the finals twice and to the playoffs every year of his career. Can we say he has actually improved?

If this was an everyday job like most of us. Scoring around the basket could be compared to working the copy machine. He still can't work the machine.If shooting foul shots is like coming to work on time.Then Collins would always showing up 1/2 hour late. scoring a couple baskets inside and catching the ball is like finishing your everyday work tasks at the office.

At some point you learn your routine at your job.

If you can't work the copy machine, show up late for work and can not get your daily work done you get fired or demoted.

Collins has been a starter for the Nets as long as I can remember. How come Boki Nachbar is not starting? Because we need him off the bench? C'mon! were not evan that good to be able to say that.

Boki can make copies, show up to work, finish his tasks & dunk on peoples heads!

VcDaPtW, I love your comments but I gotta ask. I have never heard you be critical of Collins. Why do you always stand up for him? Cause he takes a charge once in a while? And don't say how good he is at defense.

I was being sarcastic. though I should have used an emoticon.

all right here is my stance on Collins:

he's 7 feet tall. he's 265 pounds. he has basketball IQ. he can't finish aroudn the rim, he has a bad shooting form. he is slow and cannot guard anything but post threats and aptly gets 20 minutes a game.

but look at the rest of the Ntes frontline:

Krstic is out

Moore is a journeyman who is playing very ver ygood basketball.

Robinson is an old man with bad knees who hits an open jumper now and then.

Boone has bad hands.

compare them to Collins and you have a relatively better player.

hell if the Nets had anyone decent in their frontline, Collins probably be gone...

and I think Boki should start at the 3/4 when the Nets run small ball. but because of a lack of rebounding and defense, they really cannot resort to him off the bat.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Last year, I felt that Robinson deserved the starting spot more than Collins, but this year, I think Collins should be the one.

1) As VC said, we have no front line
2) Robinson is utterly invisible (Maybe he lost confidence from being benched last year or maybe he's just too old)
3) I hate Collins as much as you Richmo (I've bashed him enumerously), but he has improved his rebounding from a couple months ago.
4) Boone is the definition of a ROOKIE
5) I think Boki will have a tough time defending the opposing starting PF.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: