Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I'm in if there's not an auction draft. If it is that's cool but I can't play. I'd be throwing away money since I've never tried.
That's cool...I guess we will keep that in mind when we vote on that.

I did my first auction draft last year, it's very simple.

I will say that I feel as though I over paid on my first player acquisition before I fully got the feel for it and set up a system of where my money should go. But I went into it without much study.

Auction style is very good for beginners IMO in that the draft can take days and days, so you would have quite a long time to mull over your decisions, rather than a 1:00 clock. In a timed draft you have to come in fully prepared or you'll be basing it off of yahoo's default values. (which means you're fcked)
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #17
GP_20
Glove
 
GP_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,333
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

The greatest champion in the history of ISH: GP_20




maybe


Now accepting payments (< $100) from people to not have me play because otherwise you all know I'm going to take your full $100

Last edited by GP_20 : 06-28-2014 at 02:05 AM.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #18
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Im in
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #19
FUTěN
Serious playground baller
 
FUTěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back up off the FUTěN
Posts: 453
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Auction style is very good for beginners IMO in that the draft can take days and days, so you would have quite a long time to mull over your decisions, rather than a 1:00 clock. In a timed draft you have to come in fully prepared or you'll be basing it off of yahoo's default values. (which means you're fcked)

Well, we could do it that way but yahoo has software for auction drafts. Takes about an hour longer at least than a standard snake. I think auction is the superior format, but I don't want to stop playing standard drafts completely. So I'd be fine either way.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #20
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,157
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

I might back out this year, I don't know yet. Don't got a lot of time right now.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
Well, we could do it that way but yahoo has software for auction drafts. Takes about an hour longer at least than a standard snake. I think auction is the superior format, but I don't want to stop playing standard drafts completely. So I'd be fine either way.
Like a quick timed auction? The auction draft I was part of last year took days to complete, that is the only type I am familiar with.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I might back out this year, I don't know yet. Don't got a lot of time right now.
Cool, we got some time but down the road will need a definite YES or NO.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Like a quick timed auction? The auction draft I was part of last year took days to complete, that is the only type I am familiar with.
Go take a mock auction on espn. Its timed similar as a snake
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #24
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Okay, so still waiting to hear from GoBB, RBA, Illini, and Basketball4Life
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #25
GP_20
Glove
 
GP_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,333
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
[b]
Now accepting payments (< $100) from people to not have me play because otherwise you all know I'm going to take your full $100

Have gotten 3 payments so far for a total of $180. If you guys can get it to $500 I will not join.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Glove already building in a fake excuse to not pay $100 and join. Get your broke ass out of here.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Have gotten 3 payments so far for a total of $180. If you guys can get it to $500 I will not join.

lol has this dude ever even played for money on here?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
GP_20
Glove
 
GP_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,333
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Glove already building in a fake excuse to not pay $100 and join. Get your broke ass out of here.
fake excuse?

You jus mad because I get paid to NOT play.

primetime why haven't you put my name down in the possible replacements? Granted its likely you guys will pay me enough to not play, but I should still be in the "possible" replacements list.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:50 AM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
fake excuse?

You jus mad because I get paid to NOT play.

primetime why haven't you put my name down in the possible replacements? Granted its likely you guys will pay me enough to not play, but I should still be in the "possible" replacements list.

Have you actually played for money on ISH or have you just played for fun and your not actually serious?

Not going to lie, this dude could make this league funner. Watching him lose would be hilarious
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 AM   #30
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,717
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Have you actually played for money on ISH or have you just played for fun and your not actually serious?

Not going to lie, this dude could make this league funner. Watching him lose would be hilarious

$100 says he would pull a dinoradja, charge back his credit card and ragequit the league a week after the season starts.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy