Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #526
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,074
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Mike Wallace, Torry Smith, and Kendall Wright all have high ceilings

Gore and Moreno were both RB1s last year
Good luck with the high ceiling low floor players in all 3 WR spots.

As far as your RBs Frank Gore is another year older and was an RB2 last year. And if you think Moreno is going to come anywhere close the stats he put up last year then I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck this season man but I don't see it going well for you.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:57 AM   #527
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, and Kendall Wright are all primed to have the best year of their careers.

Doesn't matter though Peyton gonna put up 500 this year... Starting with 50 Sunday night on the Colts.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #528
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,024
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

I like Kendall Wright. I'm far less bullish on Torrey Smith and Mike Wallace. I had Wallace last year in one of my leagues. He is as inconsistent as it gets, and that was in a full PPR league.

Smith is a boom or bust player. Either he scores one or several 40-50+ yard TDs or gets you nothing.

Not crazy about that trio, I have to say.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #529
FUTěN
Serious playground baller
 
FUTěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back up off the FUTěN
Posts: 445
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Prime will be in the playoffs, he always is. That trade basically limited his upside but limited his downside as well. He'll need some luck and need to play the waivers well but that goes for anyone really.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #530
FUTěN
Serious playground baller
 
FUTěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back up off the FUTěN
Posts: 445
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Torrey actually had 60 yards or a TD in all but 3 games last season, not really that boom or bust. Kubiak's offense should do wonders for him in getting more targets and home runs off of play-action.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #531
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

I'm really going to miss Jordy though, he was kept out of the endzone tonight but it's obvious he is going to have a monster year.

Ellington... Who knows

I'm not big on the Cards offense though, Palmer looks like piss IMO, so I don't think they are going to be around the endzone that much.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #532
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,024
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
Torrey actually had 60 yards or a TD in all but 3 games last season, not really that boom or bust. Kubiak's offense should do wonders for him in getting more targets and home runs off of play-action.
You probably want more than 60 yards out of your WR2 in a league filled with quality receivers. Let's say he gets 60 yards on 3-4 catches in most games where he isn't scoring long TDs... that's 7.5-8 points in our league. Most kickers will do better than that.

On the bright side, Graham will help him a lot with the consistency. Or, he could try to flip Jimmy to really upgrade his receiving corp. Not like he doesn't have plenty of assets/options.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:36 AM   #533
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Didn't even mention Fred Jackson, who is always money

Bills have him an extension over Spiller...Jackson is the starter there somehow.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #534
FUTěN
Serious playground baller
 
FUTěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back up off the FUTěN
Posts: 445
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You probably want more than 60 yards out of your WR2 in a league filled with quality receivers. Let's say he gets 60 yards on 3-4 catches in most games where he isn't scoring long TDs... that's 7.5-8 points in our league. Most kickers will do better than that.

On the bright side, Graham will help him a lot with the consistency. Or, he could try to flip Jimmy to really upgrade his receiving corp. Not like he doesn't have plenty of assets/options.

Well, I mean, he averaged 70 ypg and was close to being top 20 in fantasy points last year, and I think it's reasonable to expect improvement. Dropped down to 4 TD's last season after having 7 & 8 his first two years, despite setting career highs in receptions & yards.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:26 AM   #535
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I'm really going to miss Jordy though, he was kept out of the endzone tonight but it's obvious he is going to have a monster year.

Ellington... Who knows

I'm not big on the Cards offense though, Palmer looks like piss IMO, so I don't think they are going to be around the endzone that much.

GB's O-Line is pretty bad but I think Rodgers is going to shove the ball down Jordy's throat. He was an inch away from a TD and almost broke one a play earlier. Wasn't really special but had like 14 targets. Hopefully he has a massive year.

Ellington will screw me over. I was scared of his health and he's already got an MRI scheduled. The whole coaches raving about how much work he was going to get suckered me in.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #536
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,984
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
GB's O-Line is pretty bad but I think Rodgers is going to shove the ball down Jordy's throat. He was an inch away from a TD and almost broke one a play earlier. Wasn't really special but had like 14 targets. Hopefully he has a massive year.

Ellington will screw me over. I was scared of his health and he's already got an MRI scheduled. The whole coaches raving about how much work he was going to get suckered me in.
The packers o-line is pretty good as long as Bulaga comes back. Best line Rodgers has had in his career. Would of been a completely different game if he didn't get hurt.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #537
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
The packers o-line is pretty good as long as Bulaga comes back. Best line Rodgers has had in his career. Would of been a completely different game if he didn't get hurt.

Yeah meant to say due to injuries. Looks like there pretty banged up.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #538
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,984
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Yeah meant to say due to injuries. Looks like there pretty banged up.
Yeah it's the same old shit every year. Injuries, new center, new tackle
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:03 AM   #539
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman
 
Rondooooooooooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

Of course week 1 I play the motherfvcker who has Lynch, who went for 2 tds
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #540
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: 5th Annual ISH Money League

I actually have 3 RB1s from last year

Moreno who was 4th highest scoring RB
Gore was the 10th highest scoring RB
Jackson was the 12th highest scoring RB


Gore and Jackson should do the same if healthy, not much has changed for them...Moreno is on a new team and I don't expect him to see the endzone like he did in Denver but he has looked very impressive this preseason and is now ahead of Miller of the depth chart, I expect him to get the bulk of the carries and perhaps be RB2 material...he is actually great RB.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy