Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation
Default "Customers are always right"

How far does your company take the statement that "customers are always right"?
How far would you go if you work at, say, food service?

A customer orders the wrong drink, admitted it but throws you the statement "the customers are always right" and expects to get a new drink made as if it's a right and we're obligated to do so, and threatens to use "the word of mouth". If you're the manager, how do you expect your frontline to react? to swallow it like a spineless person, because that's how McDonald's does it? (assuming that does got something to do with how McDonald's get there) or would you let your employee stand up and say "it's a privilege, not a right, and you're obviously abusing it"

Last edited by bk33 : 03-21-2007 at 12:48 AM.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Customers are always right"

Screw that. I work as a district manager and I do not tolerate that type of attitude. There is no real law on that rule when it comes to customer service. A nice customer we do extend that privelage. Nobody deserves to be treated like a servant, unless the worker is being completely incompetant. I protect my employees.

Last edited by hateraid : 03-21-2007 at 12:21 AM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was the same, if a customer has a problem, and they come up and ask nicely for help then i'm more than happy to help them. But if a customer comes up acting belligerent, then I'd act hostile back.

When working in a store during highschool, I actually had a lady throw a bunch of birthday cards in my face and then left the store screaming obsenities. The funny thing was I had actually tried my hardest to be helpful to her but wouldn't give her someone for the price she wanted.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

I'm sure as hell always right
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Where I work we just try out best to keep the customers happy. Then they leave and we laugh. :
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

I start working as a cashier at wal-mart starting Friday, so Im gonna have to follow this rule

Oh well, im getting paid 10 bucks an hour, 32 hours a week, not bad for a part-time job while in college.

No bills to pay so I pretty much get to bank all this money
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I start working as a cashier at wal-mart starting Friday, so Im gonna have to follow this rule

Oh well, im getting paid 10 bucks an hour, 32 hours a week, not bad for a part-time job while in college.

No bills to pay so I pretty much get to bank all this money

Wal-mart is stupid, bunch of butts that make you multi-task.

I was in-stock but somehow I managed to work:

-Pushing Carts
-Unloading the truck
-People Greeter
-Janitor
-Dairy man
-Freezer
-Even worked on my manager skills when the manager left at night

Bunch of punks, I only got payed 6.90/hr.

All I know, I would be nice to customers who were polite, but to customers who thought they were right, i'd make sure to make them feel stupid.

I remember one time this lady asked me for some specific yogurt. I went to look, and there wasn't any of the type she wanted. So I come back out and tell her, I don't have any mam, and she was really sweet and said okay. Then her stupid husband pops out of nowhere, and tries to act all tough and I just brushed him off, turned around and left. No need to listen to someone who tries to punk you.

At Wal-Mart, don't take crap from no one. Customers are very aggresive at times and there isn't any need to listen to them.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

In high school, I worked retail. Anybody who worked retail before knows how much of a pain in the ass customers are.

"The customer is rarely right" is a more correct motto
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I work in a bank, whom most of the customers are middle aged people to senior citizens, and I ****ing hate them all. This women was yelling at me how her check bounced and how it was my fault that I couldn't help her, learn how to balance a checkbook. And then there was this other guy that was mad at me b/c I had to check his signature through the signature card (my cpu wasnt working) and then burst out saying my generation were all college educated, but we can't do simple math, and we relied on the computer too much and threatened to speak to my manager because he says he always has a problem with me every time (even though I've only served the guy made twice). Then he threatened to close his 9 accounts as if him taking his measley thousands of dollars would effect me in any way. F-cking middle aged white alpha males thinking there f-cking Donald Trump.

I just never understood these morons. Every time I go to the department store, I never give the cashier shyt because I understand that my problem has nothing to do with them and there just a low paid pawn.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
Ianou
I brick open layups

Ianou has an OK reputation so far

Working at a part time job in a coffee shop, Tim Hortons for all you canadians, I have always felt that the customer should be treated with respect. This of course is assuming you get that respect back. I've told off a couple of customers because of their ignorant and/or rude actions and believe that every rule "the customer is always right" included, should have limitations imposed. As long as you're cool with me, I'll be cool with you and if you're not, then you can **** off because I have plenty of customers who are awesome and treat me like a human being.
Ianou is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: