Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
Jalapeno
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jalapeno has an OK reputation so far
Default Ideal KG trade

To Phoenix for an Amare package.

thoughts?

Anyone good at scenarios? safk? cedric? hawker?
Jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ideal KG trade

The Suns would rather have Amare, probably regardless of who else is in the deal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalapeno
To Phoenix for an Amare package.

thoughts?

Anyone good at scenarios? safk? cedric? hawker?

why are you talking to yourself Ced?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

I heard this on "In the Paint" with Rick Barry and Rick Kamla...

The Suns would ship Diaw, Barbosa, and first round pick from Atlanta (Joe Johnson trade)
to Minnesota for KG. That means they would have a lineup of Nash, Bell, Marion, KG,
and Amare.
Scary isn't it?

But I'm guessing the Wolves would want Marion to sweeten the deal instead of Atlanta's 1st round pick.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyfast96

The Suns would ship Diaw, Barbosa, and first round pick from Atlanta (Joe Johnson trade)
to Minnesota for KG. That means they would have a lineup of Nash, Bell, Marion, KG,
and Amare.
Scary isn't it?

But I'm guessing the Wolves would want Marion to sweeten the deal instead of Atlanta's 1st round pick.

OMFG that would be one of the all time great teams
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
Catch'N'Shoot
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Catch'N'Shoot has an OK reputation so far

I think the suns would rather amare.
Catch'N'Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

and Amare.
Scary isn't it?

I would still do if i am the Suns, maybe try to keep Barbosa. With the Atlanta pick try to grab Jeff Green or Julian Wright to try and fill the SF since Marion will be in the deal.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

there is no way I would trade marion, diaw and barbosa for garnett
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Why would the Suns trade Amare when they have Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, a top 6 pick and 2 more first rounders this year and 2 more next year to bargain with?

If the Suns don't win the title this year they better go after Garnett.

Last edited by A Roc 23 : 03-21-2007 at 01:50 AM.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #10
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

Yeah that would be a completely stupid move on the Suns part.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:39 AM   #11
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd actually wanna hear trade ideas other teams would have too, just for fun and speculation.

Would it be possible he goes to Portland for Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge? Picks and throws in if needed to make all the money work out. I think both teams would at least take a look at the idea. Aldrige is starting to look scary good these days, and Zach is a very very good player.

BTW, If the Suns fail to reach the finals, or win a title this year, I'd be shocked if PHX didn't look at scenarios to get KG over there before Nash got too old.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 AM   #12
steadyfast96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd actually wanna hear trade ideas other teams would have too, just for fun and speculation.

Would it be possible he goes to Portland for Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge? Picks and throws in if needed to make all the money work out. I think both teams would at least take a look at the idea. Aldrige is starting to look scary good these days, and Zach is a very very good player.

BTW, If the Suns fail to reach the finals, or win a title this year, I'd be shocked if PHX didn't look at scenarios to get KG over there before Nash got too old.

Problem is, I don't think KG would want to go to Portland. I don't think Blazers want to deal with another disgruntled employee. Good trade for the Wolves though.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #13
steadyfast96

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

Why not? We're talking KG here.
And I'm sure the Wolves would want another All-star in return, best it be Marion. Imagine KG, Amare, and Nash together. Whew! That's a done deal.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:51 AM   #14
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

This isn't a bad idea really.. but the problem is.. the risk of sending Amare to another team is probably too great.. he's the best and youngest player on both teams..

The reason I could see them doing it though is because putting Nash and KG together would almost guarantee a couple championships while the current model of the Suns has some question marks regarding their potential to beat the true conventional elite teams.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:51 AM   #15
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Why not? We're talking KG here.
And I'm sure the Wolves would want another All-star in return, best it be Marion. Imagine KG, Amare, and Nash together. Whew! That's a done deal.

Three potential all-star players for one? Yeah it doesn't work no matter how good the one player you're trading for is.

And plus, who would be playing sixth man, and SF?
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: