Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #16
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default Re: Ideal KG trade

The truly hilarious thing, though, is how many pieces the Suns have to potentially trade for KG... yet somehow Nash won MVP twice and many think he should win a third.. it's &#0!ing ridiculous.. it just shows how completely full of BS the media is. It's because of all this talent that Nash looks so good.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #17
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd actually wanna hear trade ideas other teams would have too, just for fun and speculation.

Would it be possible he goes to Portland for Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge? Picks and throws in if needed to make all the money work out. I think both teams would at least take a look at the idea.
Aldrige is starting to look scary good these days, and Zach is a very very good player.

Main reasons why the Blazers wouldn't do it.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #18
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

heres a good trade.
every1 on the cavs besyds bron, for kg and randy foye.
then let kg, bron and foye destroy every1.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 AM   #19
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
Three potential all-star players for one? Yeah it doesn't work no matter how good the one player you're trading for is.

And plus, who would be playing sixth man, and SF?

Remember they'll still have Steve Nash(the player that makes everyone better). Plus I don't think Jerry Colangelo would have too much of a tough time getting the right players around these three dudes. So I wouldn't worry about a sixth man and a SF.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #20
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyfast96
Remember they'll still have Steve Nash(the player that makes everyone better). Plus I don't think Jerry Colangelo would have too much of a tough time getting the right players around these three dudes. So I wouldn't worry about a sixth man and a SF.

With KG earning as much as he is?

I doubt they find a good enough player for Minimum Salary..
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
The truly hilarious thing, though, is how many pieces the Suns have to potentially trade for KG... yet somehow Nash won MVP twice and many think he should win a third.. it's &#0!ing ridiculous.. it just shows how completely full of BS the media is. It's because of all this talent that Nash looks so good.

this matter must trouble you in every facet of yoru life, you bring it up constantly

you are sad

I am TMOGE

save the post
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #22
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

AS good as Garnett is, i wouldn't do it in a million years. Your getting a player that is close to finnishing his career, and a guy thats still a rising star. Never man
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #23
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Amare + Boris Diaw works, but that's giving up a LOT.

Amare + Kurt Thomas works as well.

Marion + Piatowski should work too.

It's a little early though to think about this until they flame out in the playoffs again.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather have Amare today than KG, and he's got a much brighter future.

They wouldn't move Amare

not in a million years

Nash would go before Amare
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #25
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I have been thinking about what I'd be willing to give up to get KG on the Suns. I WANT KG HERE, and if that package includes Marion, then let it be done. I love Shawn, but if he was included in some package to get KG, I would do it. Amare....no.....Barbosa.......no.....but Marion, Thomas, Diaw, or draft picks, I say do it. KG and Amare on the block together. HOLY F'ing CRAP!!

I was just watching in amazement at Garnett yesterday, and just really wanting the Suns to go after him. Someone who can create his own shots, pass, rebound, has range, and brings it every night.

PLEASE MIKE D'ANTONI, make a pitch.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I heard this on "In the Paint" with Rick Barry and Rick Kamla...

The Suns would ship Diaw, Barbosa, and first round pick from Atlanta (Joe Johnson trade)
to Minnesota for KG. That means they would have a lineup of Nash, Bell, Marion, KG,
and Amare.
Scary isn't it?

But I'm guessing the Wolves would want Marion to sweeten the deal instead of Atlanta's 1st round pick.
I'd take Diaw, Barbosa and Atlanta's pick for Garnett. Sounds good to me.

We're realistically NOT going to get a young franchise player. Teams just don't trade them, plain and simple.

If the best we can do is two really nice players and a very high pick, I'll take that for sure, considering that both Diaw and Barbosa are pretty young.

Keep that dirty Marion away from me, though. I've heard enough of his self-love from afar, I don't need it coming out of my own state.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #27
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I'd take Diaw, Barbosa and Atlanta's pick for Garnett. Sounds good to me.

We're realistically NOT going to get a young franchise player. Teams just don't trade them, plain and simple.

If the best we can do is two really nice players and a very high pick, I'll take that for sure, considering that both Diaw and Barbosa are pretty young.

Keep that dirty Marion away from me, though. I've heard enough of his self-love from afar, I don't need it coming out of my own state.

I'm pretty sure any deal for Garnett is going to incude Marion, salaries being the biggest reason. The Suns can't take on KG's deal without getting rid of Marion's unless they traded away half their team.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #28
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalapeno
To Phoenix for an Amare package.

thoughts?

Anyone good at scenarios? safk? cedric? hawker?
Dammit you made milk come out of my nose from laughing so hard, and I haven't drank milk in years. Amre package for Garnett. Stop your killing me.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #29
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
I heard this on "In the Paint" with Rick Barry and Rick Kamla...

The Suns would ship Diaw, Barbosa, and first round pick from Atlanta (Joe Johnson trade)
to Minnesota for KG. That means they would have a lineup of Nash, Bell, Marion, KG,
and Amare.
Scary isn't it?

But I'm guessing the Wolves would want Marion to sweeten the deal instead of Atlanta's 1st round pick.

That would be CRAZY, but I don't see it happening. I think KG should move east - Boston perhaps.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
Three potential all-star players for one? Yeah it doesn't work no matter how good the one player you're trading for is.

More like three of the best role players in the league for one bona fide franchise player. Marion is an all star several times over, but would never be more than the second or third option on a contender. Barbosa and Diaw are both very good, but neither will be all-stars in the talent-overloaded West.

The problem is that Diaw/Barbosa/picks doesn't seem like enough for Garnett, and Marion/Diaw/Barbosa for KG seems like too much. No way the Wolves do the first deal; they'd essentially be handing multiple titles to a team in their own conference. Suns would hesitate on the second deal, because it leaves them with little bench to speak of, which means 40+ minutes a night for KG and Nash, both of whom are over thirty.

Suns are pretty much stuck with the team they have due to salary. Any change means Marion is gone as hell, and to get anyone like KG means that Diaw and Barbosa, with their new deals, would have to be included, too. Suns would be better off sticking with what they have until Nash starts to act his age.

Last edited by CakeorDeath : 03-21-2007 at 01:30 PM.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: