Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #31
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation
Default Re: Ideal KG trade

Quote:
Keep that dirty Marion away from me, though. I've heard enough of his self-love from afar, I don't need it coming out of my own state.

As has already been stated, the only way the contracts will match up is if the Suns include one of Marion, Amare, or Nash. Nash is obviously out, and it sounds like the Suns won't give up Amare, so you're stuck with Shawn...or send him to a third team with cap space for even more draft picks. Maybe the Bucks want him and would give up Villanueva or something.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #32
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bulls should trade Tyrus Thomas, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon and first round pick for Garnett
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like how the Suns fans think they've won something with this squad, and also feel as though Amare is the Championship window. Just like the Lakers and Bynum for Kidd cos they think he's their ticket when realy it's the Hall of Famer, Kobe.

No Suns fan, your window is now, it's 30 something back2back MVP Steve Nash. KG+Nash+Marion/Amare=Championship. Amare+Barbosa=/Championship.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #34
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I like how the Suns fans think they've won something with this squad, and also feel as though Amare is the Championship window. Just like the Lakers and Bynum for Kidd cos they think he's their ticket when realy it's the Hall of Famer, Kobe.

No Suns fan, your window is now, it's 30 something back2back MVP Steve Nash. KG+Nash+Marion/Amare=Championship. Amare+Barbosa=/Championship.
Which Suns fan feels that way is my question?

I don't think you trade Amare for Garnett right now. At least when Nash is gone you still have a late 20's Amare.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #35
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would wait to see if they can do it this season, but if not pull the trigger.

My question is who's gonna get late 20's Amare the ball?

Steve Nash is the MVP and he is right here, right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #36
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
I would wait to see if they can do it this season, but if not pull the trigger.

My question is who's gonna get late 20's Amare the ball?

Steve Nash is the MVP and he is right here, right now.
I agree, they need to wait and see about this season, and then blow it up if it doesn't work.

Who is going to give Amare the ball is a good question, but that will depend on what happens when he finally declines.

If they don't win this season, I think you have to consider a KG.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I just don't understand these fans' thought process. Kobe and Kidd? KG and Nash? Banking on the potential of young guns when you have hall of famers already on your roster.

I'd rather win a title once or twice than be in contention for 5-10 years with nothin.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #38
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
I just don't understand these fans' thought process. Kobe and Kidd? KG and Nash? Banking on the potential of young guns when you have hall of famers already on your roster.

I'd rather win a title once or twice than be in contention for 5-10 years with nothin.
I understand this in regards to the Lakers. Sure, Bynum might turn into something later in his career, but where will Kobe be at that point. Still enough to carry a team like is now?

For the Suns, I think they'll milk Nash as long as they can, but when he is done and his deal has run out, they'll still have Amare to build back up around.

Bynum and Amare are 2 different situation because Amare is already proven, but Bynum is a work in progress.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Still banking on young players with HoF'ers on your roster already. Wasn't realy tryign to compare the talent levels, cos it's not close, which makes the Laker fans even more hilarious.

"Kidd can't play the triangle!@!"

I'm sure Phil could have worked something out and tweaked the system for adding a top 5 pg of all time.

And for the suns, who is gonna get him the ball? Barbosa looks good, but Amare hasn't shown yet you can dump it into him consistently and have him work it in the post. Nash gives him mad easy looks, and they did pretty damn good without him last year.

You take Nash off this team and they're gonna have some serious troubles, but we saw without Amare they can make the WCF.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #40
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

I would not involve amare in a package for kg. as much as I like him he's been in the league for 12 years. and those 3 for kg is too much. I think something like marion, diaw or barbosa and somethin like a pick might be fair. just cuz I'm bored, what about david lee, channing frye, nate & the bulls pick for kg.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #41
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Still banking on young players with HoF'ers on your roster already. Wasn't realy tryign to compare the talent levels, cos it's not close, which makes the Laker fans even more hilarious.

"Kidd can't play the triangle!@!"

I'm sure Phil could have worked something out and tweaked the system for adding a top 5 pg of all time.

And for the suns, who is gonna get him the ball? Barbosa looks good, but Amare hasn't shown yet you can dump it into him consistently and have him work it in the post. Nash gives him mad easy looks, and they did pretty damn good without him last year.

You take Nash off this team and they're gonna have some serious troubles, but we saw without Amare they can make the WCF.
I agree, but the Suns can offer different players other than Amare to get KG....ie Marion and Diaw. KG can do what they do combined. I think most of realize that without Nash, the Suns are a low seed in the West, or maybe lottery bound, but I'd rather keep Amare so we have something to build around later, yet he'd still be here to go along with a KG.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #42
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

lakers baby..

KG to lakers equals contenders
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #43
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

yeah actually that knick deal would never work under the cap
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #44
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I would drop Marion for KG. That would solve the Amare-Marion Ego Championship and result in a sick frontcourt.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #45
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Very true. But sadly many organizations think that just making the playoffs is something.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: