Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far
Default Playoff hopes dead?

what's our record last 5 games? 1 and 4? we can't even go .500 for the rest of the season.

We're gonna need some divine intervention to make the playoffs!
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff hopes dead?

Playoff hopes aren't dead...yet. Pretty soon though. We lose to the Blazers we might as well pack it in. Two games left against NJ and one against the Magic. Those are the key ones to try to make a turn around for a playoff spot. So I think they can still lose against the Blazers. It would just show that we suck something fierce.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Playoff hopes aren't dead...yet. Pretty soon though. We lose to the Blazers we might as well pack it in. Two games left against NJ and one against the Magic. Those are the key ones to try to make a turn around for a playoff spot. So I think they can still lose against the Blazers. It would just show that we suck something fierce.

Amigo is right our playoff hopes are not dead just yet, but even if we make the playoffs that does not change the fact that our team reeks of mediocrity. Unlike James Dolan, I choose not to give kudos to mediocrity.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We can still make it but we really those two against NJ because that's who has the spot we need. And Orlando.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

We need to beat NJ and Orlando and we'll hold our own. Indiana needs to continue to lose to.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

As long as you guys take care of buisness against NJ and Orlando you have a shot at the playoffs. All of the teams in front of you aren't playing very well either.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We definitely have a chance. No question. We're only a half game out but surprisingly enough, I hope we don't make the playoffs this year. I think us being a playoff team this year might make us become a little complacent and lazy in the off season. We still really have a lot of trading and personel moves to make. After seeing us sit on our hands and turn our phones off before the trade deadline and sign Zeke to an extension...I'm kinda neervous we are satisfied with what we have and quite frankly we shouldn't be. I'm as pessimistic and realistic as they come but I really think we have a shot at getting KG. We need to unleash Nate,Francis,Jeffries and Rose.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

We need toronto to beat the magic tonight. We need to step up vs Portland tomorrow night. Spurs need to take care of pacers tonight also.

Magic next 5 game has NJ, NY, Boston, Indiana and T'wolves.

They might go on a big losing streak.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

We have a decent shot. Tomorrow's game against the Blazers is a must win, not for the team record, but rather, the team mentality. If we can win tomorrow, it can hopefully jump start a winning streak. Hopefully Orlando and New Jersey start losing at a rapid pace, just keep believing!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #10
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I love how everyone says the Knicks are surging into the playoffs yet theyve had the same win % all year long. Theyve been 5-6 games under .500 all year long. :

PLus I hope they dont make the playoffs.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Orlando and Indiana lost. Hmmmm.... You never know.

Last edited by Amigo : 03-21-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

playoff hopes not even close to dead. we're basically tied with orlando for the 8th spot with like 15 to go. wake up!
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

We're tied in 8th, we play Orlando one more time and New Jersey twice. How are they even being close to dead? Indiana just came off and 11 game losing streak now their on a 2 game.

Indiana's Record the last 14 games is 1-13.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
playoff hopes not even close to dead. we're basically tied with orlando for the 8th spot with like 15 to go. wake up!

What I meant by dead is the way we've been playing. If we continue to lose like we've been and can only muster 1 win out of 5 games which means 3 more wins for the rest of the season then we're just PRAYING that the other teams vying for the last playoff spots will play even worse than us.

And judging by last night's game we're gonna have to break out the rosemary beads or light up that incense and pray to buddha..or something!
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We have to take care of our conference to have any postseason shot.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: