Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Arrow OT: Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360

They rhyme

Let's get a discussion going. If you have a useful FACT, put it in bold. That way it's easier to find amidst the mass of opinions and people saying which one they have/will get.

I will buy PS3, in the far future, because it'll play my ps2 games. All 3 systems play their respective predecessor's games.

PS: I'm tempted to buy a gamecube just to play sonic adventure 1 and 2 and skies of arcadia. I'd spend maybe 75$ total to do that.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: OT: Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360

X-Box 360 has more games out than the PS3.

Fact: Halo 3 will be better than anything either of the other consoles puts out.

Last edited by MaxFly : 03-21-2007 at 06:31 PM.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

How can you be sure? I never played halo 1 or 2's solo game, nor have I seen or read anything about halo 3, so I'm asking you, not challenging.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

ps3 stinks...its a system you need to wait a good year before purchasing. Right now 360 makes it look lame. I never played Halo or Halo 2. No chance i play 3. I gotta force myself to see what the hype is.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

I have a Nintendo Wii and an XBOX360

Nintendo Wii is not very good right now, infact is downright crappy. I bought mine at launch (Novermber 19th) and I havent touched it since December once I beat the new Zelda (which is also on Gamecube)

The remote thing was cool for about 2 weeks but after that it wore off quickly. I tried to play Madden 07 on the Wii and while the controls were alittle cool, the graphics being so bad just killed the whole expierence for me, I need my games in High Definition and 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, both things the Wii does not offer. Sure the Wii will have their usualy good games and the Virtual console is good for older games but right now its in a tie for last with the PS3.

Now on the other hand, the XBOX360 is a great system, the best of all time in my opinion. XBOX Live is the greatest thing if you're big into online gaming. It is very well set-up and they also releaes old games, but unlik Nintendo, they actually update the games, graphics wise and make some of the old classic online capaable with high scores, rankings and even co-op over Live with a friend.

The great games coming out for the 360 this year are Mass Effect (the biggest RPG of all-time) Halo 3 which hits stores in September and Grand Theft Auto 4 coming in October.

Also, the PS3 is losing most of their exclusives to the 360, the latest coming 2 days ago in Devil May Cry 4. If Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid 4 o to the 360 you might as well put the PS3 6 feet under.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

we wont know if the PS3 and Wii suck until next year. there's only a handful of good games out for both (just like any system that launches). I expect the Wii to start to really get some good games since game developers are now realizing its the real deal. Everyone was really hesitant but the sales have been killer. it has potential to be an amazing system.

Blu-Ray might be Sony's saving grace. last i heard Blu-Ray movies have been easily outselling HD-DVD's 2 to 1 and with the PS3 being the cheapest blue-ray player out there...

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 03-21-2007 at 06:38 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

The best system right now is PS2 ...best games most options...PS3 will be good in about a year or so..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

The PS3 is the crappiest system out of all 3. They included Blu Ray Disc technology and that has made the system go up to an astounding $600 hich scares most people away (only 127,000 PS3's were sold in the month of February)

If the price stays the same, the fanbase will simply not grow fast enough to justiy these game developers to keep their games exclusive to the PS3, because when you look at the 360s fanbase of almost 10 million already, thats something a good business man cannot turn down.

So the PS3 is gonna have to drop its price and do it soon if they want to seriously compete with Microsoft this generation.

Sony got to cocky and didnt take Microsoft as a serious threat and now its really coming back to bite them in the ass.

Next time, Sony needs to worry about making a machine about playing videogames, not making a system that helps them win the next gen DVD format war which is the only thing that the PS3 is doing right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

They each have their own strengths based on what type of games you prefer.

With the Wii, you get unique games you can't find anywhere else. Where else are you going to find the charm, gameplay, and fun of Nintendo games?

X360 is good for shooters and online gaming

PS3 is good for RPGs, Adventure games, and will have more Japanese games.

Most sports games will come out for 360 and PS3. This generation, there will be a lot fewer 3rd party exclusives. GTA4, VF5, DMC4, Bioshock, etc will be on both PS3 and 360.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #10
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
They each have their own strengths based on what type of games you prefer.

With the Wii, you get unique games you can't find anywhere else. Where else are you going to find the charm, gameplay, and fun of Nintendo games?

X360 is good for shooters and online gaming.

PS3 is good for RPGs, Adventure games, and will have more Japanese games.

Most sports games will come out for 360 and PS3. This generation, there will be a lot fewer 3rd party exclusives. GTA4, VF5, DMC4, Mass Effect, etc will be on both PS3 and 360.

Mass Effect is exclusive to the 360...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The best system right now is PS2 ...best games most options...PS3 will be good in about a year or so..

No its no, the 360 is. Stop being cheap
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I have a 360, but mine got messed up. It got the dreaded ring of death. I took good care of it, kept it clean, didn't overuse it and then I would get frozen while I was playing NBA2K7. I disconnected it and reconnected it and then it would not even read any games. It's a good thing I had a replacement warranty. Hopefully they send me a 2nd generation system back. I heard those run cooler. Regardless of this problem, I enjoy this system.

I thought I was ready to retire my ps2 then Rogue Galaxy, God of War 2, and Victorious Boxers 2 came out. Victorious Boxers 2 I got for $10 new. It's based on a Japanese anime which was released here as Fighting Spirit.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Mass Effect is exclusive to the 360...

I know. I edited it. I meant Bioshock.

It's crazy that PS2 is still outselling 360. I realize the price is cheaper, but I thought pretty much everyone who wanted a PS2 already had one.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
Younggrease
Banned

I own all 3 systems.

360 is my favorite by far. It has the most games and the most exclusives. Halo, Gears of War and crazy new games coming out like Mass Effect. They also seem to be getting PS3 games like Devil May Cry.

Quote:
Most sports games will come out for 360 and PS3. This generation, there will be a lot fewer 3rd party exclusives. GTA4, VF5, DMC4, Bioshock, etc will be on both PS3 and 360.

Gears of War and Halo 3 are too of the best games for any console. They wont be available for PS3. But most of PS3's best games are coming out for 360 though. They are even talking about Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid going multiplatform

Last edited by Younggrease : 03-21-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
How can you be sure? I never played halo 1 or 2's solo game, nor have I seen or read anything about halo 3, so I'm asking you, not challenging.

Lol, no, I was just looking to start some controversy early. Halo is a great series though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: