Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I own all 3 systems.

360 is my favorite by far. It has the most games and the most exclusives. Halo, Gears of War and crazy new games coming out like Mass Effect. They also seem to be getting PS3 games like Devil May Cry.

Gears of War and Halo 3 are too of the best games for any console. They wont be available for PS3. But most of PS3's best games are coming out for 360 though. They are even talking about Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid going multiplatform

I thought Gears of War was kind of overrated. My best friend has a 360 and I played co-op and online with him. The campaign was fun but quite short. I thought online play was pretty gimped with the implementation of the weapons, game types, etc. Halo 3 will be pretty badass though.

I go wherever MGS goes. I haven't bought a next-gen system yet, as I'm waiting until mgs4 comes out. PS3 still has God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, and Ratchet and Clank 5.

The only thing coming out on 360 that interest me are Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Blue Dragon. If MGS4 does go multiplatform, I'll probably go with the 360 since it's considerably cheaper.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
ps3 stinks...its a system you need to wait a good year before purchasing. Right now 360 makes it look lame. I never played Halo or Halo 2. No chance i play 3. I gotta force myself to see what the hype is.

You certainly need to play Halo, at least once.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #18
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
PS: I'm tempted to buy a gamecube just to play sonic adventure 1 and 2 and skies of arcadia. I'd spend maybe 75$ total to do that.

If anything you should buy a Gamecube to play Smash Brothers Melee and the two Metroid Gamecube games
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #19
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

I grabbed a Wii at launch, and like one of the last posters said, the true potential for it hasn't been realized. The Wii's lineup of games just grabbed my attention. Zelda? Metroid? Super Paper Mario? 'Nuff said. While it's gonna take a while for 3rd party programmers to be able to incorporate the incredible interactivity that the Wii can provide, I think it'll definitely come sooner or later, and in the meantime, I'll be playing Nintendo titles like the new Smash Brothers, and Mario Party when they come out within the next couple of months.

My girlfriend has a 360 and to be honest, it just seems too much like the PS3, except it doesn't have blu-ray technology, which (to be honest) really doesn't mean much to me. Some games were pretty decent, like Gears of War (albeit, it was a little too short from what I heard), and I watched her play Lost Planet, and I rather liked it. I never got really into it until I convinced her to buy Viva Pinata. Typical Nintendo fanboy.

My best friend happened to get a PS3 at launch and to be honest, the only two games I saw for the PS3 were NBA 2007 and Resistance Falls. NBA 07 was the best NBA game I've ever played in my life, and Resistance Falls was absolutely gorgeous. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was AMAZING in blu-ray format.

So again, I picked the Wii based on the fact that I'm on Nintendo's nuts, but the games and the controller makes it all worth it. Besides, I just played Sonic Adventure on the Wii from the GC CD 2 days ago.

Last edited by J_Rock3ts : 03-21-2007 at 06:07 PM.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #20
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

The thing about Wii is that of your group of friends, only 1 person needs one!
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a Wii and it is awesome.

Tiger, Madden, Wii Sports, WarioWare, Call of Duty, Sonic, and the Virtual Console have kept me plenty busy.

For high-def gaming I have a computer.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #22
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Can those with a Wii explain how their experience with the controller has been? Liked it? Still like it? Hated it? Still hate it? How is the conventional controller?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #23
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Fact: Take Two Interactive is currently for sale. If Microsoft decides to buy the company, GTA4 will be an xbox exclusive, and Sony is toast in the US (though still king in Japan).
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Controller is great. Works good to turn sideways for NES games on the Virtual Console and the SNES Style controller you can use for Genesis and SNES titles is pretty sweet too.

I don't see why people would have a problem with the controller.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #25
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I don't see why people would have a problem with the controller.

The same reason why there are "WARNING: CONTENTS HOT" labels on hot coffee cups at coffee shops.

Jacka$$es ruin it for everyone.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #26
-primetime-

Wii = for kids
PS3 = piontless to own until GTA comes out, then it will be another story
360 = leaps and bounds better than the other 2...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #27
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Online shooting games really aren't for me... because I know that I'd waste sooooooooooooooo much time on those like I did with warcraft 3.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #28
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Can anyone explain to me how Wii or by that matter any Nintendo system is made for kids? I never got that argument. Just because the games don't have blood, violence, or profanity does not mean the system is for kids. A lot of nintendo games require a lot more thinking, patience, and intelligence than what is necessary for games like Halo or Gears of War.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
Can anyone explain to me how Wii or by that matter any Nintendo system is made for kids? I never got that argument. Just because the games don't have blood, violence, or profanity does not mean the system is for kids. A lot of nintendo games require a lot more thinking, patience, and intelligence than what is necessary for games like Halo or Gears of War.

yeah...it kinda does

they market toward a younger audience, that is for sure...

everything has "Mario World" in the title...

they understand that the core of who buys thier systems are younger than sony or microsoft's and they want to make sure that they own that audience...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #30
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Online shooting games really aren't for me... because I know that I'd waste sooooooooooooooo much time on those like I did with warcraft 3.

Come to the darkside...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: