Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #31
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default Re: OT: Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Come to where the sun don't shine...

What are you proposing?
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #32
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Wii = for kids
PS3 = piontless to own until GTA comes out, then it will be another story
360 = leaps and bounds better than the other 2...

the Wii is remarkable because it's woken up oldschool gamers. guys that grew up playing Atari, NES, SNES and lost touch with gaming after that because life got in the way. a lot of the late 20s-early 40s crowd are being sucked back into gaming because of the Nintendo Wii.

the other 2 are amazing HD systems but even tho the Wii is still waiting for its library to be released, its the most fun ive had playing video games in 15 years. Before this i hadn't touched a Nintendo system since 1992, but damn i hope Nintendo continues to win this new era.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #33
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

What kind of kid is going to beat Zelda or Metroid? Hell, even Pikmin or Paper Mario 2 would be a challenge for kids.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #34
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
the Wii is remarkable because it's woken up oldschool gamers. guys that grew up playing Atari, NES, SNES and lost touch with gaming after that because life got in the way. a lot of the late 20s-early 40s crowd is being sucked back into gaming because of the Nintendo Wii.

Care to explain where you get this fact?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #35
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Care to explain where you get this fact?

havent you seen all of the news clips or read the articles? this system is getting non-gamers or former-gamers back into it.

i dont know how this system will do in the end with the hardcore gamers, but Nintendo has definitely turned a lot of "older" people onto gaming. thats where most of their success is coming from.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #36
-primetime-

[quote=AI Nuggets3]the Wii is remarkable because it's woken up oldschool gamers. guys that grew up playing Atari, NES, SNES and lost touch with gaming after that because life got in the way. a lot of the late 20s-early 40s crowd are being sucked back into gaming because of the Nintendo Wii.

the other 2 are amazing HD systems but even tho the Wii is still waiting for its library to be released, its the most fun ive had playing video games in 15 years. Before this i hadn't touched a Nintendo system since 1992, but damn i hope Nintendo continues to win this new era.[/QUOTE]

they are not winning...Microsoft is

http://kotaku.com/gaming/december/np...ber-228212.php

the 360 has sold over 10 million units
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wii has dominated sales since it came out. Wait another year and see how much market share Microsoft has in America.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #38
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Wii has dominated sales since it came out. Wait another year and see how much market share Microsoft has in America.
did you not just read that link?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/december/np...ber-228212.php

that really isn't domonating sales
Old 03-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ha, why don't you find something recent ya d0uche. That was December and nintendo sold every unit they had. Wii has won the January and Feb by a significant margin and still can't fill product demand 4 months after launch.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #40
-primetime-

Quote:
Ha, why don't you find something recent ya d0uche. That was December and nintendo sold every unit they had. Wii has won the January and Feb by a significant margin and still can't fill product demand 4 months after launch.

hey you are the one that said the Wii has dominated since it came out....not me

I was just pointing out that you were wrong...if that is due to lack of units then so be it...

ya D0uche
Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #41
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Well it has taken 2 of the 3 months, and has outsold all systems in America since it's release and still can't fill demand.

So, no, you're wrong.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #42
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

360 JUST BROKE MY GEARS OF WAR COPY!!!!!! BUT DUDE IS SENDING ME A NEW ONE....

360 breaks too many games but at least they replaced it
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #43
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I only got 360 so I dont know. This would be my order though:
1. 360
2. PS3
3. Wii
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:
Well it has taken 2 of the 3 months, and has outsold all systems in America since it's release and still can't fill demand.

So, no, you're wrong.

here you go:

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11067

it has taken the last two months and that is all....also that gap s getting smaller and Microsoft has three times as many units sold over all...I would much rather be in Microsoft's shoes right now...
Old 03-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #45
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Wii being bought the most doesn't mean it is the best. It's a valid point though, but not the be all and end all.

Im very worried that wii will just be another multplayer system. If that's the case, **** it, my friend has one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: