Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #76
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: OT: Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Y2 are you sure you'll like the controller long-term? I don't think I would, I don't want to have to stand up when playing certain games lol

I don't know, but I think I would. I like feeling really actively involved in games, and there's no better way to do it than with that remote. I may actually play racing games again, since you can actually play them like driving a wheel.

If I don't feel like being that active, Id just change the configuration.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 AM   #77
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/4...1d4774.jpg?v=0
You shouldn't have any problems bagging a PS3 - if you want to

Didn't get around to pre-ordering? Don't worry, there won't be a rush

Bobbie Johnson
Thursday March 22, 2007
The Guardian

It's a cliché which is brought out of retirement every time a new games console is launched: hordes of eager gamers queuing outside shops at midnight as retailers struggle to keep up with huge demand. But things could be different tomorrow when Sony's PlayStation 3 finally arrives.

Where most consoles sell out even before launch day, the PS3 seems in abundant supply. In a straw poll of shops around the country conducted by the Guardian earlier this week, just one in 12 shops had completely sold out.

Article continues
The rest confirmed that customers would still be able to get their hands on a machine just days before the launch, and one shop - a branch of HMV in Aberdeen - even said that we were "almost guaranteed" to get hold of one if we just turned up on launch day.

This is in stark contrast with the normal run of things, which usually sees consoles selling out fast. Sony says that it has worked hard to make sure it has enough stock to meet demand - citing this as one reason for the four-month delay in releasing PS3 in Europe. During the delay, it also announced that the European PS3 will only be able to play a limited number of PS2 games. According to the site at faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/, popular favourites such as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will play, but with "noticeable issues".

Gaming websites have been gleefully listing the various ways in which retailers are struggling to hit their targets. Currys told employees recently that it would require "a big push" in order to sell all of its stock. And HMV's flagship store in Oxford Street, London, has abandoned its midnight launch, though it claims this is not because of lack of interest but safety concerns over "crowd control". It did, however, hold midnight launches for the Nintendo Wii in December and World of Warcraft's Burning Crusade in January.

Sony said: "We want stock to be freely available at launch and on an ongoing basis, thereby avoiding the boom and bust scenarios normally associated with hardware launches."

But even Sony chief executive Howard Stringer has admitted that the £425 price tag could simply be out of the league of many gamers. He told the CEO Exchange TV programme in America: "If we fail, it is because we positioned PS3 sales as the Mercedes of the videogame field."

Another dramatic example of Sony's predicament came with the news that on the other side of the Atlantic, where it has been available since November, the PS3 is lagging behind all of its rivals.

Figures from market analyst NPD suggest that Nintendo has taken the upper hand in America's console war, with the two top-selling games machines in February: the DS Lite (with 485,000 units sold) and the Wii (335,000). The six-year-old PlayStation 2 came next, selling 295,000 machines, followed by the Xbox 360 (228,000) and Sony's PlayStation Portable (176,000). Even Nintendo's Game Boy Advance (136,000) sold more units there last month than the new PlayStation 3, which shifted just 127,000.

Numbers like this will make tough reading in Tokyo, and leave one crucial question up in the air: after the loyalists are satisfied, how many people will want a new PlayStation?

· If you'd like to comment on any aspect of Technology Guardian, send your emails to tech@guardian.co.uk
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #78
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
lcd clarity sucks. 1080p is the way to maximize your movie and gaming experience.

1080P? another sucker who bought into 1080p technology
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #79
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
1080P? another sucker who bought into 1080p technology

It is the best res out right now.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #80
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It is the best res out right now.

Yes I know but its not needed...

Its only good if you can afford a 500 dollar HD-DVD or a 1000 Blu Ray Disc player and even then, if your TV is under 50 inches there wont be a big difference from 1080i to 1080p

Regular HDTV doesnt use 1080p now and wont for a while, atleast 5 or 6 years IF they ever do... 1080p is just there to suck people into paying 5 or 600 more bucks for it.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #81
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Yes I know but its not needed...

Its only good if you can afford a 500 dollar HD-DVD or a 1000 Blu Ray Disc player and even then, if your TV is under 50 inches there wont be a big difference from 1080i to 1080p

Regular HDTV doesnt use 1080p now and wont for a while, atleast 5 or 6 years IF they ever do... 1080p is just there to suck people into paying 5 or 600 more bucks for it.

Or own a ps3. or a 360. I can get a hd dvd upgrade for 200 bucks for my 360. Which I will when I get a high def tv lol.

I still got the old rear projecter screen. Glare 2 da max.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #82
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Or own a ps3. or a 360. I can get a hd dvd upgrade for 200 bucks for my 360. Which I will when I get a high def tv lol.

I still got the old rear projecter screen. Glare 2 da max.

That HD-DVD player doesnt have HDMI connections though, which is needed for 1080p...

And some games on PS3 and 360 are 1080p, the majority aren't. 1080p will be good in about 5 years.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #83
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Samsung makes the highest rated LCD TV's, I dont know where you get your knowledge from.

Plus the only good PC games are FPS and RTS games, nothing else really and they dont have multiplayer for friends.

Samsung makes crap TVs, I'm not gonna sit here and argue that. You can pick up an Audiophile or Home Video magazine and read it for yourself. May or may not suit your purpose and price range but don't go listing off your samsung lcd like it's the **** in defense of your 360.

And the only games that aren't good on a PC would be sports and platformers. You must mean multiplayer as in right there with your friends, because PC's obviously offer a multiplayer experience online far greater than that of your 360. Plus, if multiplayer with your friends right there in yoru living room is a bonus for you, than ya should have got a Wii cos Wii Sports, WarioWare, Rayman, Madden, TIger...are all extraordinarily fun with 4 people in-house. On top of that you can get 1660p on a FW900 24" monitor I got used on Ebay for 200 and a graphics card that will blow away a 360 so 720p out of a 360 doesn't realy entice me.

So like I said before, I have a nice computer for high def, high powered games, and if you or someone else does too than it'd prolly be a smarter move to get a Wii like I did, especially if you like to play mostly with your friends in-house.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #84
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Samsung makes crap TVs, I'm not gonna sit here and argue that. You can pick up an Audiophile or Home Video magazine and read it for yourself. May or may not suit your purpose and price range but don't go listing off your samsung lcd like it's the **** in defense of your 360.

And the only games that aren't good on a PC would be sports and platformers. You must mean multiplayer as in right there with your friends, because PC's obviously offer a multiplayer experience online far greater than that of your 360. Plus, if multiplayer with your friends right there in yoru living room is a bonus for you, than ya should have got a Wii cos Wii Sports, WarioWare, Rayman, Madden, TIger...are all extraordinarily fun with 4 people in-house. On top of that you can get 1660p on a FW900 24" monitor I got used on Ebay for 200 and a graphics card that will blow away a 360 so 720p out of a 360 doesn't realy entice me.

So like I said before, I have a nice computer for high def, high powered games, and if you or someone else does too than it'd prolly be a smarter move to get a Wii like I did, especially if you like to play mostly with your friends in-house.

The thing is most people i know dont play PC games they play console games so the experience cant be better. .Plus who wants to sit in front of a computer and play games, it just doesnt feel right. The graphics on 360 and PS3 are good enough for me plus I get to play on my 60 Sony or 42 Sharp instead of squinting on a 24" monitor. Then add on the fact that using a mouse feels weird too.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #85
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Samsung makes crap TV's? LMFAO WOW Not even worth commenting on...

http://reviews.cnet.com/4323-6531_7-...8.html?tag=txt

The good: Reproduces deep blacks with excellent shadow detail; picture stays true from off-angle compared to other LCDs; solid connectivity with two HDMI inputs and a PC input; numerous features including picture-in-picture and CableCard; sleek, glossy-black styling.

The bad: Somewhat expensive; inconsistent color.

The bottom line: One of the best overall LCDs we've tested, the Samsung LN-S4096D delivers very good picture quality along with plenty of features and style.

CNET.com is one of the best websites for this kinda stuff...

#2 LCD is the Samsung I have but its 46" not 40" like in this review... please go jump off a cliff now

Last edited by Howard5Dirk41 : 03-22-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #86
Mighty Mouse
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mighty Mouse has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Samsung makes crap TV's? LMFAO WOW Not even worth commenting on...

http://reviews.cnet.com/4323-6531_7-...8.html?tag=txt

The good: Reproduces deep blacks with excellent shadow detail; picture stays true from off-angle compared to other LCDs; solid connectivity with two HDMI inputs and a PC input; numerous features including picture-in-picture and CableCard; sleek, glossy-black styling.

The bad: Somewhat expensive; inconsistent color.

The bottom line: One of the best overall LCDs we've tested, the Samsung LN-S4096D delivers very good picture quality along with plenty of features and style.

CNET.com is one of the best websites for this kinda stuff...

#2 LCD is the Samsung I have but its 46" not 40" like in this review... please go jump off a cliff now

I work in the industry and right now Sharp is the best ranked and selling TV. There tech and production is way ahead anyone else, thanks to the restructuring of their company. Out side of that sony and is the only other decent LCD maker out there ---the sony XBR is just way to much money for what your getting though. Samsung for the record has had ALOT of problems with all of their products this year (lag time and horrible pixalization for their tvs, and their blu-ray players cant play Fox movies)
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #87
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

My friend's Samsung DLP has a delay that makes MLB 2k7 kind of tough. This is just anecdotal evidence, but I believe other people have complained online as well.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #88
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse
I work in the industry and right now Sharp is the best ranked and selling TV. There tech and production is way ahead anyone else, thanks to the restructuring of their company. Out side of that sony and is the only other decent LCD maker out there ---the sony XBR is just way to much money for what your getting though. Samsung for the record has had ALOT of problems with all of their products this year (lag time and horrible pixalization for their tvs, and their blu-ray players cant play Fox movies)

Ive had mine since September and no problems what so ever.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #89
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cnet.com is a good source but also for average consumers, and considers them when evaluating, their needs, price and funtionality. Every company makes a good tv here or there, or has a particular line of TV's/DVD that are good for the price range such as the old Apex DVD players with Region Breaking, this Samsung, my FW900, the 50" Vizio...

Pioneer Elite are the best TV's, and then Sony etc. Samsung as a whole do not make quality electronics like Pioneer, Sony, Aiwa, Macintosh, Polk, etc.

And seens you were using it in defense of your l33t set up and high def xbox I thought I'd point that out.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: