Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Miami Heat @ Atlanta Hawks : Game Thread!

Hawks

Standings: Fourth, Southeast
At Home: 15 - 18
On Road: 12 - 23
Streak: W 1
PPG: 93.3
OPP PPG: 97.7
FG%: .441
OPP FG%: .463
RPG: 39.8
OPP RPG: 40.6

Heat

Standings: Second, Southeast
At Home: 23 - 11
On Road: 13 - 19
Streak: L 1
PPG: 96.1
OPP PPG: 96.6
FG%: .465
OPP FG%: .447
RPG: 41.3
OPP RPG: 41.0

The Miami Heat have improved their standing in the Eastern Conference playoff race, even without star guard Dwyane Wade.

While Wade continues to rehabilitate his dislocated left shoulder, the Heat look to start a new winning streak when they visit the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday.

Miami had its nine-game win streak snapped with a 97-83 loss to Orlando on Sunday that also ended its run of 14 consecutive home victories. Both streaks were the longest in the NBA.

The Heat (36-30) were missing Wade and point guard Gary Payton, who's listed as day-to-day with a strained right groin, but remained in possession of the fifth-best record in the East.

"Everybody wants a piece of the playoffs right now," Miami coach Pat Riley said. "They don't care where they get in, they just want a piece of the playoffs.

"Sometimes you need to get sobered up, smacked in the face. Today was exactly that. Orlando was really good. They were exceptional in every facet of the game and totally outplayed us."

The Heat posted their lowest point total since a 103-79 loss to Cleveland on Feb. 9. Still, they are 10-3 without Wade, who says he's feeling better, though there is no timetable for his return.

"Physically, I'm doing good," Wade said Monday. "I've been working out every day and doing what they're telling me to do. So I'm doing all right.

"It's always hard not to get on the court and not to do something that you love doing, especially at this time of the year. This is the exciting part of the season, going into the playoffs. It's hard, but my team is playing well."

When Wade got hurt on Feb. 21, the Heat were fighting for one of the remaining few playoff spots. Now, they are comfortably in the race and challenging Washington for the Southeast Division title, even without the reigning NBA finals MVP.

Miami has a 13-19 road record this season, but has won its last two road games since losing nine of 11.

One team the Heat haven't had trouble beating - home or away - is the Hawks. The Heat have won both meetings this season and 15 of the last 17 between the teams. Miami has won five of the last six games in Atlanta.

The Hawks beat Sacramento 99-76 on Monday night in the opener of a four-game homestand. Atlanta (27-41) had lost consecutive road games coming into the contest, but picked up its fifth straight home win.

"We've been trying to protect our home court and five in a row at home shows some progress," said Hawks forward Marvin Williams, who had 13 points and 11 rebounds. "We're working hard to take care of things on the defensive end and let the offense handle itself. Tonight was a good example of that."

Josh Childress scored a season-high 25 points as he started his seventh straight game in place of Hawks leading scorer Joe Johnson, who remains day-to-day with a right calf contusion.

Atlanta handed out 32 assists, its most since April 14, 2004, when the team also had 32 in a 137-132 loss to Boston.

"We really need to try to duplicate this the next game," Childress said. "We had 32 assists, which was amazing. It made us so hard to guard."

Atlanta hasn't won six straight at home since March 11-26, 2002.

These teams meet for the final time on Monday in Miami.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Miami Heat @ Atlanta Hawks : Game Thread!

If you're just going to copy and paste stuff from other places instead of posting your own thoughts, cite your sources.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
If you're just going to copy and paste stuff from other places instead of posting your own thoughts, cite your sources.

There the stats man, what thoughts you want me to post, i got none till the game starts other then Miami Heat better win!. But i think the source pretty obvious its from NBA.com
Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
There the stats man, what thoughts you want me to post, i got none till the game starts other then Miami Heat better win!. But i think the source pretty obvious its from NBA.com
Obvious or not, post the source. Neglecting to do so is passing off the game preview as your own work.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Bad matchup for the Hawks. The Hawks biggest weakness is defense at the center spot. I just hope the Hawks can be competitive.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Bad matchup for the Hawks. The Hawks biggest weakness is defense at the center spot. I just hope the Hawks can be competitive.

Saying that we are without some key offensive players, Wade,Kopano and Payton is day to day. But being center we are ok in that part, Shaq and Mourning
Old 03-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
D-Wade
Great college starter

Shaq 2 foul's already in the first!. Heat infront but only just, we really need to take advantage of there weakness points.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
D-Wade
Great college starter

End of First Quarter!

24-22 Miami Heat

Been a close game so far, J smith is having a great game for the Hawks and is on 5-9 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 ast and 11 points!

Best player for heat is Shaq, who has 42 rebounds, 4 ast and 4 points. Jones is out highest points scorer with 9
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
D-Wade
Great college starter

Time out.

Heat shooting 60% for the first half. Both playing a good game and i see it being real close untill the 4th when the Heat unleash
Old 03-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
D-Wade
Great college starter

63rd three-point-throw for Antoine Walker this season!

1 away from being tied with allen houston for all time top 10.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
D-Wade
Great college starter

63rd three-point-throw for Antoine Walker.

1 away from being tied with allen houston for all time top 10.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #12
D-Wade
Great college starter

Heat take a 10 point lead.

Shaq was coming alive but he got a 3rd foul and been taken off!.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #13
D-Wade
Great college starter

Dorell Wright going to be a star for us! Playing a good game and just made a great play setting up Haslem for the one handed dunk
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
D-Wade
Great college starter

End of the first Half!

Well we go in to half time leading by 11 points. We have played good tonight and can tell we are the better team. Dorrel Wright is a future star for me and see him having a big season next year!. Eddie Jones, now he does deserve a mention played well and been out best player so far.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #15
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

one man thread
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: