Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #16
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Stackhouse

As far as talent hes up there with some of the better 6th men of the modern era(say....85 to now). He doesnt seem one bit worse than he was as an all star. Not as athletic but he still gets the ball in the basket which is really all he was ever asked to do at a high level. Remove all decision making responsibility and let him do his thing.....great guy to have. I wouldnt put the ball in his hands with 10 seconds left. But id feel ok about it if it found its way to him when all he has to do is catch and shoot.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Eh, give him the ball and iso him with 5 seconds left and I'd be comfortable with that.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
My friend and I are having a little argument over the role of Jerry Stackhouse. He doesn't like him too much and hopes that he leaves this offseason and the Mavs pursue someone like Pietrus or Mo Pete. I think that Stack is absolutly essential to Mavs sucess (Obviously Devin George is a huge factor as well). It goes beyond the stat sheet with this guy, he's the leader in the locker room after Avery. Without Stack, Mavs don't seperate themselves from the pack and would probably trail the Suns for the league lead, even if they add Pietrus in place of Stack. So my question to you is:

How important is Jerry Stackhouse to the Mavs this year and how much should the Mavs pay him to lock him up beyond this year?

The Wolves should offer him 4 years, full MLE (around $25 million).

Then they can trade some package of Davis, Jaric and someone else to get another player.

Ricky Davis for Marvin Williams. Do it!
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #19
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
The Wolves should offer him 4 years, full MLE (around $25 million).

Then they can trade some package of Davis, Jaric and someone else to get another player.

Ricky Davis for Marvin Williams. Do it!
yep. just what the hawks need. another wing.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #20
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

random

When Stackhouse started punching Jeff Hornacek, why didn't Karl Malone do anything?? At worst, he can at least separate him, and at BEST, ideally he would've pushed the **** outta him. That always surprised me, because he was within python's reach of him.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 AM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's always good to have a guy who can fill multiple positions, especially if one man goes down. Also to have an extra natural scorer ahndy.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stack is a stud

not too long ago he led the NBA in points

Dirk fans like to hate on him when bigging up other teams talent (strange indeed to hate your own, but such is their psychological makeup) but he is really the one Mav with a proper set of onions, and if they win this year he will be a huge reason why.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Stack is a stud

not too long ago he led the NBA in points

Dirk fans like to hate on him when bigging up other teams talent (strange indeed to hate your own, but such is their psychological makeup) but he is really the one Mav with a proper set of onions, and if they win this year he will be a huge reason why.
there were very legit reasons to hate him last year. hes been a huge positive this year though.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM   #24
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoa, when I checked up Stackhouse's career averages, I was simply blown away. 19 points and one season with 29 pts average and 2 all-star games.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the mavs are going to win a championship this year, Stack shouldn't even be thinking of leaving unless it was to another contender like SA or Det.

I'm prettu sure all the winning is keeping him quiet right now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #26
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If the mavs are going to win a championship this year, Stack shouldn't even be thinking of leaving unless it was to another contender like SA or Det.

I'm prettu sure all the winning is keeping him quiet right now.

I dont think he'll even want to leave anyway.. if they come close to wining he still might want to stick around another year and see what happens.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #27
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

He is everything I had hoped Michael Finley could have become as he aged. Stack is worth 3 years $21,000,000, hope the Mavs keep him and hope he wants to stay a Maverick. This team has to have Dirk, Josh, Jet, Stack, Devin Harris, Devean George, Dampier, and Diop all going 100% to win the title. That is the core and it shouldn't be messed with for another 3 years bare minimum.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: