Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #16
zoom17
Relax

Default Re: Israel launches airstrike offensive in Gaza, readies ground troops

They do this every two-four years they fight then there's a small time table of peace then back to fighting.
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #17
Draz
Like a Baoss.

The middle east. What a wonderful place.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #18
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

There must be a good reason for this to be happening. I wonder what the bloody moslems did now
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #19
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
the spin is just unbelievable here

but not altogether surprising with thoughts like this gripping people's minds

let's try an analogy to clarify the real ugliness of this sentiment. this isn't mine by the way, i'm stealing it from noam chomsky.

there's a small island just off the coast of the united states with an independent culture and political system. it's called cuba. in 1962, several members of an american special forces team goes rogue and blows up an industrial facility in cuba, killing 400 workers. those soldiers then return to american soil in refuge and impunity.

that small island is obviously cuba. the cuban government had some options in which way it could and should respond.

one possible response from the cuban government would have been to launch air strikes into the suburbs of florida or wherever the militiamen wound up, avenging the lives their fellow countrymen lost in a depraved act of destruction and terror.

that's the response you're saying was a moral imperative after 9/11.
and as a result, you're compelled to accept that response as legitimate for the cuban government also, unless you can explain what makes it different.

of course that's absurd. the very notion that anybody could even try to morally justify a cuban attack on the american heartland is laughable and unworthy of serious consideration... and not just because they don't have the means to do it.

what's the difference here? well one difference is the association between the murderers and the states housing them. the american military command had a much more direct connection to its militiamen than the taliban had to the orchestrators of 9/11. another difference is that 9/11 was a single instance... whereas the destruction of the cuban plant was part of multi-year military campaig

but the similarities are overwhelming. in both cases you have a rogue extremist force taking matters into their own hands to attack the civilian infrastructure of an enemy state.

i don't think it's an easy double standard for you to extricate yourself from.

I think you have misunderstood me. I said that 9/11 was somewhat understandable based on america's foreign policy in the middle east. Despite that fact rightly or wrongly any american president that didnt go to war would have been impeached.

I think its perfectly understandable why israelis hate palestinians/arabs and its perfectly understandable why palestinians/arabs hate israel.

I have a problem with anyone that minimizes the suffering on either side. Both sides have legit reason to want to kill each other. No side has a moral imperative to pursue peace more than the other side imo.

Edit: to answer your question, yes it would have been justified for cuba to attack the US. Than it would have been justified for the US to attack Cuba. Cuba didn't attack the US because it didnt want to commit suicide

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 07-09-2014 at 12:12 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:05 AM   #20
The Immortal
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I think you have misunderstood me. I said that 9/11 was somewhat understandable based on america's foreign policy in the middle east. Despite that fact rightly or wrongly any american president that didnt go to war would have been impeached.

I think its perfectly understandable why israelis hate palestinians/arabs and its perfectly understandable why palestinians/arabs hate israel.

I have a problem with anyone that minimizes the suffering on either side. Both sides have legit reason to want to kill each other. No side has a moral imperative to pursue peace more than the other side imo.
9/11? Complete inside job. Don't be ridiculous.
The Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #21
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
So apparently 3 Israili's burned a 15 yo Palestinian kid alive and threw him in the Jordan river after 3 Israili's had been kidnapped last month so that's that...tensions are high.

1500 reserve troops have been called up by Netanyahu, this is gonna be ugly and not gonna end well.
Notice a pattern here? Who is always instigating shit in these situations?

Who is constantly poking the sleeping bear with toothpicks?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #22
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Notice a pattern here? Who is always instigating shit in these situations?

Who is constantly poking the sleeping bear with toothpicks?
Netanyahu's settlement policy is as big of a provocation as anything else. Also the fact that the occupied territories are basically in a state of apartheid.

Both sides are to be blamed.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #23
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal
9/11? Complete inside job. Don't be ridiculous.

No, it was convenient for the neocon agenda, but it was al qaeda's plan. Its their proudest achievement.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #24
The Immortal
Great college starter

Quote:

No, it was convenient for the neocon agenda, but it was al qaeda's plan. Its their proudest achievement.
So Al-Qaeda (an organization the US gov/CIA helped establish and fund) planted bombs in Building 7..
Old 07-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #25
The Immortal
Great college starter

Anyways, lets not make this thread about 9/11.. save it for another thread.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #26
Stempel, HERB
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Thread will be deleted by noon

Someone is gonna have to go full millwad. The next candidate will have to be really stupid, stubborn and a loudmouth. A Rashweed1 type of poster. Primetime is in the running too.
Stempel, HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #27
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Netanyahu's settlement policy is as big of a provocation as anything else. Also the fact that the occupied territories are basically in a state of apartheid.

Both sides are to be blamed.
It is not apartheid. That bit of propaganda was created by saudi arabian terrorist cells. I am disappointed that you fall for it

If it was apartheid and human rights abuses, WHY IS ISRAEL PROVIDING MORE WATER AND ELECTRICITY TO THE PALESTINIAN TERRITORY THEN THEY HAVE TO ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL LAW? Why is Israel going above and beyone the call of duty?

Israel is not the only nation that borders Palestine. Why aren't Jordainians, Egyptians or Lebanese allowing Palestinians through their borders or providing them with aide? Egyptians aren't giving Palestinians water but Israelis are. Surely the Lebanese and Egyptians are more evil here.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #28
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
the israeli zionist state should stop raping and molesting little palestinian kids before they want peace and shit...but yeah they throw rocks so it's all cool

don't forget now it's israel that is the occupier
The 'nation of Palestine' and 'Palestinian people' did not exist before 1950. Learn history.

Nations attacked Israel, Israel counterstriked and conquered the attackers land. Israel gave back the land for no reason just to be nice. Attackers decided to murder Israeli athletes at the Olympics.

Last edited by Nick Young : 07-09-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #29
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal
So Al-Qaeda (an organization the US gov/CIA helped establish and fund) planted bombs in Building 7..
al qaeda and the US had a common enemy, the USSR. we worked together when it made sense. Once it didnt we stopped working together.

Same with the US working with stalin to fight hitler. Eg. giving weapons and loans to the USSR.

No bombs were planted in building 7. every credible scientist has said that burning jet fuel caused that collapse.

Explain 2 things, if the US gov committed 9/11 why...

1. did al qaeda take credit for it?
2. how has the US managed to keep this a secret while failing to keep almost any other secret?

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 07-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #30
The Immortal
Great college starter

Quote:
al qaeda and the US had a common enemy, the USSR. we worked together when it made sense. Once it didnt we stopped working together.

Same with the US working with stalin to fight hitler. Eg. giving weapons and loans to the USSR.

No bombs were planted in building 7. every creditable scientist has said that burning jet fuel caused that collapse.
I would love to discuss 9/11 being the complete inside job that it is, but lets save it for another thread. Make a thread and we'll talk.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: