Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #61
Stempel, HERB
Kids at the park dunk on me

Stempel, HERB has not been impressing people
Default Re: Protein Powder....which brand do you use?

umpteenth time hateraid is pretending to be an authority on the subject, peddling his sleazy products.
Stempel, HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #62
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Right now I'm using our iso-100 Birthday Cake flavor. So yummy. This is hydrolysed protein. Fastest absorbing protein on the market

My friend uses that. Says it's quality is really high.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #63
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Heard it actually tastes pretty good too, might have to try it out next
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #64
ThePhantomCreep
Local High School Star

ThePhantomCreep has decent reputationThePhantomCreep has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
lol if you want to increase weight just eat eat eat.
eat whatever( meat,cheese,noodles,sweets are the best) and just train everyday.
i looked better than most guys in the fitness center stuffing themselves with protein drinks and steroids.
some people actually asked me if im taking roids and i said "no and i just do push-ups and train with 5 kilogramm weights" ( which was true)
so in short words, only take that stuff if you really cant gain naturally by eating MUCH and training.

Is this before or after you come out of REM sleep?
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #65
ThePhantomCreep
Local High School Star

ThePhantomCreep has decent reputationThePhantomCreep has decent reputation

This is my go-to protein powder, Costco always has it. 75 servings, 27 grams per, and $50.

ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #66
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has decent reputationriseagainst has decent reputation

optimum nutrition gold standard whey is the measuring stick in today's whey protein standards.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #67
BuffaloBill
Go Dawgs!

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #68
Bonesaw
Decent playground baller

Bonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation hereBonesaw has an incredible reputation here

I eat lots of chocolate chip cookies. My results aren't as good but my life is much much better
Bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #69
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Have any of you guys purchased Musclepharm's Arnold Iron Whey?
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #70
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

I'll agree there that at the end of the day 1gr of protein = 1 gr of any other protein in the world. However rate of absorption is a very significant contributor to certain goals. There are ones with an anabolic rate of 2 hours compared to ones that have an anabolic rate up to 10 hours. This affect everything from muscle building to weight management. Also there are proteins that digest withing minutes compared to some that digest after an hour.

Most WPI's are produced in the same factories.

Some digest within minutes compared to a couple of hours? Once again, it doesn't matter, as long as you get it in your body. If you want a slower absorbing protein, you get casien and have it before you sleep. Otherwise, any cheap WPI is fine, as long as it is of a high % of protein.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #71
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
optimum nutrition gold standard whey is the measuring stick in today's whey protein standards.

No, it isn't. There are protein brands with higher concentrations of protein in them.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #72
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Most WPI's are produced in the same factories.

I'm confused. Wasn't this conversation initiated with I'm still ballin'? Well, we got this alt figured out.
I'm familiar with WPI's being in manufactured in the same factories. We make for a couple of brands. In regards to HOW it's manufactured, there are variances from brand to brand. For example:
Take brand X vs brand Y. Brand X may put glutamine peptides in their WPI. Why? Because it shows up as part of the protein ratio. Do we need it? No. They put it in because it is a source of cheaper material to bring down costs.
I can go on and on about how things are manufactured and label tricks, but I guess your the expert and it's all the same.....

Quote:
Some digest within minutes compared to a couple of hours? Once again, it doesn't matter, as long as you get it in your body. If you want a slower absorbing protein, you get casien and have it before you sleep. Otherwise, any cheap WPI is fine, as long as it is of a high % of protein.

My comment is not about comparing isolates to isolates, I was referring protein to protein. For example Gold Standard is a blend vs Iso-100, it will absorb at different rates. A blend may take hours to fully digest against a Hydrolyzed which takes minutes when you go gram per gram. A longer digesting protein is better for weight loss and anabolic rate. But again, your the expert..Would you like a job? Since apparently all proteins are the same maybe you can negotiate costs so we can charge a cheaper rate....
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #73
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm using Dymatize Elite Gourmet right now. I'm not too particular really as long as it mixes easily since I just use shaker bottles.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #74
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never used protein powder. I do the protein and greens for breakfast with an assortment of vitamins and the EAS thingy after my workout. Chicken and broccoli is my primary meal. I f*ck with almonds or slices of turkey if I need a snack. I'm really trying to avoid getting bulky muscles, I like a leaner frame, I understand protein is important for muscle gain and weight loss but I assumed regular protein powder use was more geared towards gaining muscle. Should I switch it up? I lost about 30 pounds in 6 months so I figure I'm doing something right but definitely plateaued a bit lately.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #75
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I'm using Dymatize Elite Gourmet right now. I'm not too particular really as long as it mixes easily since I just use shaker bottles.

Love the Cho-PB
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: