Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Josh Smith vs Andre Iguodala

Iggy is a better three point shooter but you can't sleep on smith still. It was a good comparison. Josh Smith does everything better on defense while IGgy does just as much better on the offense.

Iggy handles the ball better the Smith and both jump out the gym.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The ceiling for Josh Smith is much higher. He still gets a lot of points off of athleticism, be he is developing a post game and his jumper is getting more consistent. Where is Iguodala going to improve? Is he going to get a post game? Will he all of a sudden going to start shooting 50% from the field? Iggy will probably max out as a 19/5/5 player which is awesome. Josh may top out as a 25/10/3/3/1.5 player, which is All-star and MVP material.

I never understood why people say things like this. So and so has a higher ceiling than that other guy because of thei body types and what they're already good at. It's all just a load of garbage. What do you mean where is Iggy going to improve? Where can't he improve? He has already shown to be extremely quick to the ball on defense, a pretty able outside shooter, a great finisher in traffic, a solid 1v1 defender, an excellent passer, a good rebounder for his position, a decent handle, etc. Why can't he improve in all those faucets of the game? Why is his limit where he is now, whereas Smith's limit is miles above?

Since AI left, Iggy's had a ton of 20 point games, averaging right around there, and he's also getting aroud 6-7 assists. Smith is playing PF a lot of the game, with Marvin by his side, for the Hawks, accounting for more rebounds. Iggy on the other hand is playing SF on the wing. He's got two bigs as opposed to one, to take rebounds away from him.

Josh has some pretty serious FT woes too, shooting 68% compared to 82% from Iggy.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
Can they shoot threes that well? I'm not sure..

Both players CAN shoot the three, although they aren't exactly great at it, and it's not really their games to shoot a lot of them. Iggy's still shooting around 2 per game though, and Josh is probably shooting only slightly more.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #19
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I never understood why people say things like this. So and so has a higher ceiling than that other guy because of thei body types and what they're already good at. It's all just a load of garbage. What do you mean where is Iggy going to improve? Where can't he improve? He has already shown to be extremely quick to the ball on defense, a pretty able outside shooter, a great finisher in traffic, a solid 1v1 defender, an excellent passer, a good rebounder for his position, a decent handle, etc. Why can't he improve in all those faucets of the game? Why is his limit where he is now, whereas Smith's limit is miles above?

Since AI left, Iggy's had a ton of 20 point games, averaging right around there, and he's also getting aroud 6-7 assists. Smith is playing PF a lot of the game, with Marvin by his side, for the Hawks, accounting for more rebounds. Iggy on the other hand is playing SF on the wing. He's got two bigs as opposed to one, to take rebounds away from him.

Josh has some pretty serious FT woes too, shooting 68% compared to 82% from Iggy.

I can make the same arguments. Iguodala gets more assists and steals because he is essentially a guard. Josh Smith shooting 68% from the line probably accounts for why he scores less. The point is is that Josh is younger, longer, more athletic and will eventually equal Iguodala in overall skill.

BTW a better comparison would be between Iguodala and Deng.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Give me Iguodala. When he takes a three, it doesn't make me scream "WHY THE F DID YOU JUST TAKE THAT THREE?!?!!!?!?!"
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

depends.

josh is the type of guy that is an excellent 3rd guy on a championship team but he cannont be relied upon to carry a pack of charmian. more of a rodman type on the bulls.

iggy is better in terms of carrying a team for a stretch but he is not as good a 3rd guy on a championship caliber team. more of a good 2nd guy on a good but not great team. not completely used as a 3rd option.

iggy's more of a 2nd option and josh is more of a 3rd option type and josh is a much much better fit for his role for a championship team.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 03-21-2007 at 11:25 PM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Give me Iguodala. When he takes a three, it doesn't make me scream "WHY THE F DID YOU JUST TAKE THAT THREE?!?!!!?!?!"
you harp on this SO much. josh smith taking threes. we get it
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
I can make the same arguments. Iguodala gets more assists and steals because he is essentially a guard. Josh Smith shooting 68% from the line probably accounts for why he scores less.
You can make the same arguments, and they'd be perfectly legit.

Quote:
The point is is that Josh is younger, longer, more athletic and will eventually equal Iguodala in overall skill.
Will? You're absolutely sure about this? I take the more skilled player, who has showed more superstar quality, and more talent in general.

Quote:
BTW a better comparison would be between Iguodala and Deng.
It would be, alongside Josh Howard, Prince, and possibly Caron.

And Iggy's better than all of them.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
you harp on this SO much. josh smith taking threes. we get it
I know we get it. The point is, Smith doesn't.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #25
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have both in my fantasy team

as for iggy's defense, i remember him doing good 1-1 defense against kobe & tmac in his rookie year.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iggy is a much better player, leader, scorer.

I dont know who thinks his defense is bad, when he plays D he's tough to go up against. Last year he forced Kobe into a 7/27 game. I would take Iggy in a heart beat.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #27
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Iggy is a much better player, leader, scorer.

I dont know who thinks his defense is bad, when he plays D he's tough to go up against. Last year he forced Kobe into a 7/27 game. I would take Iggy in a heart beat.

I dont understand how avg 3ppg more in 5 more mpg makes him a much better scorer. And what in the hell has he led? His team will be in the lottery as well.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #28
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Iguodala is a better shooter, better slasher, better FT shooter, better 3 point shooter, better ball handler, better passer, better 1 on 1 defender, better at steals. Only things Smith is better at are blocks and rebounds. Not even close IMO
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 AM   #29
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
Who would you rather have on your team Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala and why?

The Hawks drafted Josh Childress over Andre Iguodala.

A boneheaded move.

But Knight did pick Smith in that draft, so he redeemed himself.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I like Iggy better....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: