Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default We might not have any picks.

The Hawks potentially have two picks awaiting them. Or none. (Since people have been asking, itís time we set the record straight and then move on to the rumormongering about what they might do with said picks.) The Hawks owe the Suns a pick from the Joe Johnson deal. But if said pick lands in the top three of the lottery, they keep it. If itís 4 or anything higher, they lose it. As for the pick theyíll receive from Indiana, if it lands anywhere outside of the top 10 the Hawks get it. If not, the Pacers keep it." Atlanta Journal Constitution

"So the bottom line is the Hawks could have not only a top three pick but also another somewhere between 11 and 22. (The Hawks could also end up with one or the other of those picks, which is tolerable as well, and you always want the higher pick. But two picks would be nuts.) Or if the Naismith and the rest of the basketball spirits are still angry with the Hawks for past transgressions (and there are many), they could end up with nothing. And I mean zilch-o." Atlanta Journal Constitution

This is gonna suck ass if the Hawks don't have any picks. They need as much help as they can get.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: We might not have any picks.

I agree, that's it! So, the only reasonable thing to do right now is to keep losing in order to get our top-3 protected pick! I know how awfull it sounds, but that's what we got to do! Hopefuly, Indy's pick will land just in the ballpark from 11 to14... We need to get a good player from this Draft and a big veteran FA in the offseason... then we can talk ball!
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
Pat Burke is GOD
I airball my layups

Pat Burke is GOD has an OK reputation so far

You currently have the 4th worst record in the NBA and if the chips fall the way they should PHX should be picking number 4 in the draft

Joe is good, but was it worth it for you guys?

You could have picked up Raja Bell that off season and solidified you defense that way the Suns did, without the high price $$$$$$ and future draft picks.

Plus, IF, and I mean IF, you land a top three pick this year next year the Suns own you pick without any protection. So if you suck next year, your lottery pick will be the Suns without and questions.
Pat Burke is GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

damn that suxs ballz 4 u hawks fans
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Why would you want any more rookies (outside of Oden and Durant of course)? You have enough young bucks - need some solid veterans. You need an all-star to go with Joe Johnson. Being a nostalgia type of guy from the days of Nique and Spud, I'd love to see the Hawks back in the playoffs and rooks aren't going to do it for you.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

yea thats true u guys need sum more veterans
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: