Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #31
Marlo_Stanfield
Banned
 
Marlo_Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Im still Ballin
Posts: 9,357
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
argentina's defense has looked rock solid all tournament except for the nigeria game.. 0 goals conceded in the knockout stage

2-0 argentina, one from messi and one from kun
el kund&Leo....
Marlo_Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #32
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,639
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

the so much talked 'horrible performance from messi'.. which offensive player played better?? he had two key passes that palacio and higuain screwed and basically played a box to box mid.. dont really know what inhuman things you expect from him.. he will dribble past one player, there will be another and another and another.. its just that type of a game.. no player in the history of the game would do anything about it.. maradona had problems in his career when he was marked BY ONE PLAYER, let alone 3-4 defenders.. watch the 1982 world cup game against italy or even the 1986 final 'where he singlehandily won'
so much ignorance
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #33
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,246
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
wtf mentality root for Europe, if the germans win the title remains in Europe at least

Yeah true, I do feel that as well.
But there's a lot of other factors.

for Germany:
+ they're Europeans
+ they are playing better football

for Argentina:
+ the 4 stars issue
+ historically their football culture is closer to the Italian tradition
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #34
RagaZ
Deal with it
 
RagaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 4,812
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

F*ck both these teams.

Tired of this WC. How can a team like Argentina reach the final playing that way. Probably the most boring team to ever make the WC final.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #35
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,246
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
the so much talked 'horrible performance from messi'.. which offensive player played better?? he had two key passes that palacio and higuain screwed and basically played a box to box mid.. dont really know what inhuman things you expect from him.. he will dribble past one player, there will be another and another and another.. its just that type of a game.. no player in the history of the game would do anything about it.. maradona had problems in his career when he was marked BY ONE PLAYER, let alone 3-4 defenders.. watch the 1982 world cup game against italy or even the 1986 final 'where he singlehandily won'
so much ignorance


True, he was double teamed most of the time. But the same had happened in previous matches, and he still was more active and decisive. This time he was just waiting for the ball without looking for it. His game cannot be just dribbling past opponents. He should have run more without the ball. Argentina was split in two halves: Higuain (who ran around a lot creating spaces which no one of his teammates was willing to exploit) and Messi up front, the rest of the team behind, with Lavezzi/Perez failing to link up the two halves like only Di Maria is able to do.

Robben for example did not create many chances (and he was also double teamed a lot) but he still played with hunger, tracked back, looked for the ball, strived to make things happen. Van Persie was useless.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #36
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,246
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
F*ck both these teams.

Tired of this WC. How can a team like Argentina reach the final playing that way. Probably the most boring team to ever make the WC final.

fox and grapes much?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #37
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,639
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

True, he was double teamed most of the time. But the same had happened in previous matches, and he still was more active and decisive. This time he was just waiting for the ball without looking for it. His game cannot be just dribbling past opponents. He should have run more without the ball. Argentina was split in two halves: Higuain (who ran around a lot creating spaces which no one of his teammates was willing to exploit) and Messi up front, the rest of the team behind, with Lavezzi/Perez failing to link up the two halves like only Di Maria is able to do.

Robben for example did not create many chances (and he was also double teamed a lot) but he still played with hunger, tracked back, looked for the ball, strived to make things happen. Van Persie was useless.
nah he played exactly the same he did before.. the difference is iran, nigeria, bosnia and the swiss are no holland, 5 defenders+2DMs and all happen to play good..
i thought he was more active than the previous games but there is so much you can do.. higuain and lavezzi especially had way more freedom but didnt do much.. after palacio came on messi basically started playing in the mid.. at times mascherano was more offensive..
as for robben except for the ending of the regular 2nd half and extra time 2nd half.. which is around 5-6 mins.. he was nowhere to be seen.. masche locked him down
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #38
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,740
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Will Di Maria be back for the Finals? Hopefully he and Aguero will be inserted in the lineup which will make things interesting although it's probably not the right decision since their defense first approach got them this far and they really rely on Lavezzi's width and hustle.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #39
dr.hee
Good college starter
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,358
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
F*ck both these teams.

Tired of this WC. How can a team like Argentina reach the final playing that way. Probably the most boring team to ever make the WC final.

Angry your home country didn't even qualify? Pakistan has nice weather though
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #40
RagaZ
Deal with it
 
RagaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 4,812
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
Angry your home country didn't even qualify? Pakistan has nice weather though
Nah, England qualified and played decent football against 3 defensive teams.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #41
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Argentina gonna kick the shit out of Germans and go for a 1-0 win.

I am hopeful Argentina will come to play rather then to foul, but I know their negative tactics will ruin the game.

This final is not fitting of the quality of tournament that came before it.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #42
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
nah he played exactly the same he did before.. the difference is iran, nigeria, bosnia and the swiss are no holland, 5 defenders+2DMs and all happen to play good..
i thought he was more active than the previous games but there is so much you can do.. higuain and lavezzi especially had way more freedom but didnt do much.. after palacio came on messi basically started playing in the mid.. at times mascherano was more offensive..
as for robben except for the ending of the regular 2nd half and extra time 2nd half.. which is around 5-6 mins.. he was nowhere to be seen.. masche locked him down

You can't be that naive to think he can't do better.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #43
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Argentina gonna kick the shit out of Germans and go for a 1-0 win.

I am hopeful Argentina will come to play rather then to foul, but I know their negative tactics will ruin the game.

This final is not fitting of the quality of tournament that came before it.

Pretty much this. I know people will not want to agree with Nick but the quality of this tournament cannot come down to this.

I hope I am wrong.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #44
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Pretty much this. I know people will not want to agree with Nick but the quality of this tournament cannot come down to this.

I hope I am wrong.
Argentina is basically Uruguay with more talent.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #45
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,639
Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Argentina gonna kick the shit out of Germans and go for a 1-0 win.

I am hopeful Argentina will come to play rather then to foul, but I know their negative tactics will ruin the game.

This final is not fitting of the quality of tournament that came before it.
after the massacre they got in 2010 while playing an attacking and fluid football im not surprised at all that they are playing this way.. especially with the injuries of aguero and di maria they didnt really have options.. NL were the ones that could have made the match entertaining but they decided to go for penalties

argentina had 10 fouls and NL 15 so im not sure what are you talking about.. clearly didnt watch the game or got bored and wasnt paying attention.. whatever
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy