Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 AM   #16
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone have sleeping tips?

GHB
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #17
oarabbus
NBA rookie of the year

oarabbus has a terrific reputationoarabbus has a terrific reputationoarabbus has a terrific reputationoarabbus has a terrific reputationoarabbus has a terrific reputationoarabbus has a terrific reputation

Exercising helps. I used to have crazy insomnia which greatly subsided when I started going to the gym regularly. Physical tiredness allows you to easily sleep.

Benadryl will make you KTFO... but don't use that frequently. What might be good is to reset your sleep cycle by taking it ~2 hours before you wish to sleep, and crash real early that day.

Would definitely not recommend GHB, opiates, etc.
oarabbus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #18
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've tried numerous things, but always come back to Indica. I only sleep about 6 hours a day though.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #19
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I watch youtube videos to lull myself to sleep everyday. Usually by watching dota 2 games or some NBA highlights
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #20
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

thx for the advice fellas

looks like another sleepless night

hopefully i'll get a nap in some time today~
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #21
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I've tried numerous things, but always come back to Indica. I only sleep about 6 hours a day though.
after intoxication?
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #22
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

beer...works every time
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #23
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Well for starters, stop stressing about it, that's just going to make it worse.

Get a good serve of healthy carbs and magnesium (brown rice, veggies, or even in tablet form) like 60-90 minutes before bed. Glutamine (can be bought in powder) can also work wonders too.

But if it's more of a mental issue, some of these tips can help:
- Get off laptop, phones etc for 30 min before bed, it stimulates your brain way too much (plenty of research on this, google)

- Sit, lay or even meditate in a dark room for 10 minutes before trying to fall asleep

One thing that's especially helped me is to either write your thoughts on a piece of paper or write down the order of what I'm doing tomorrow down. Kind of like a brain clean out, you won't stress about forgetting anything or whatever because it's written down.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #24
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
Sob

I miss those videos
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #25
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

melatonin, exercise, turn off the tv/computer
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I read a magazine and that gets me sleepy. I usually read the Economist because the writing in that thing is so goddam boring that it usually gets my eyelids feeling heavy.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #27
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Exercise, yard work or be physically active a few hours before bed time.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #28
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Getting a lick of that good D usually does the trick for me ;)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But seriously you'll probably have to distract your mind. What gets me knocked out 100% of the times is watching a movie at the end of the day on my laptop(lights off and adjusted brightness for night time) and 40 minutes in I'm knocked out(around midnight)

Although getting exposure to light before sleeping won't do any favors. Maybe you should check out some guided meditation on sleeping?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #30
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Weed, *********e, nyquil
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: