Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Rank these rappers?

1989 Tone Lōc
1990 Kwam
1995 Coolio
1997 Mase
1998 Silkk the Shocker
2003 Chingy
2005 Mike Jones
2012 Ca$h Out
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
JohnFreeman
#RunThroughtheTape

JohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rank these rappers?

Kanye >
JohnFreeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Such a grimey list Kiz lol
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Ma$e over and abovevall.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:51 AM   #5
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That Tone Loc tape was one of the first rap records I had and I think it holds up pretty well truthfully. Used to have a DUAL tape deck/turntable in the basement of my folks' house, my buddies and I would sit down there and bump that while we played Ikari Warriors and shit. A-B-B-A.

Tone Loc - The Homies

Tone Loc - Cheeba Cheeba

and obviously Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina are crossover classics and will be on oldies stations in 20 years. I've got a dope old Tone Loc shirt.

That's really the only rapper on that list I can full on ride for. I loved Kwame - The Rhythm but liked what the Geto Boys did with the beat better. Coolio sort of defined "studio gangster" to me, I've got some nostalgic love for Fantastic Voyage but never had any of his albums. No real love for Mase even though he's on a couple decent tracks by proxy, I had his album but it was weak and he's just a step above Puffy as a rapper to me (that's bad). I couldn't stand No Limit, there's a couple poppy mystikal joints that get play on backspin (satellite radio's old school hip hop station) every now and then and I get into em but for the most part No Limit was sonic trash and I think a big player in so much hip hop becoming vastly disposable. I'm not one of those "hip hop is dead" guys but No Limit was one of the first major players in zero quality control that I can recall. I was too old for Chingy, I can only think of that one obnoxious single from Mike Jones, and I have no idea who Ca$h Out is.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chingy? really?
East_Stone_Ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #7
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Coolio was by far the best and most successful. Mase comes second. Rest are pure ass cheeks.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:03 AM   #8
BigBoss
Banned

BigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected poster

Riff Raff >
BigBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #9
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Chingy has to be the worst
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #10
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

281) 330-8004
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
That Tone Loc tape was one of the first rap records I had and I think it holds up pretty well truthfully. Used to have a DUAL tape deck/turntable in the basement of my folks' house, my buddies and I would sit down there and bump that while we played Ikari Warriors and shit. A-B-B-A.

Tone Loc - The Homies

Tone Loc - Cheeba Cheeba

and obviously Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina are crossover classics and will be on oldies stations in 20 years. I've got a dope old Tone Loc shirt.

That's really the only rapper on that list I can full on ride for. I loved Kwame - The Rhythm but liked what the Geto Boys did with the beat better. Coolio sort of defined "studio gangster" to me, I've got some nostalgic love for Fantastic Voyage but never had any of his albums. No real love for Mase even though he's on a couple decent tracks by proxy, I had his album but it was weak and he's just a step above Puffy as a rapper to me (that's bad). I couldn't stand No Limit, there's a couple poppy mystikal joints that get play on backspin (satellite radio's old school hip hop station) every now and then and I get into em but for the most part No Limit was sonic trash and I think a big player in so much hip hop becoming vastly disposable. I'm not one of those "hip hop is dead" guys but No Limit was one of the first major players in zero quality control that I can recall. I was too old for Chingy, I can only think of that one obnoxious single from Mike Jones, and I have no idea who Ca$h Out is.
No Limit had the goods. Yeah they had some trash like Full Blooded and the Prime Suspects but those guys were not selling units. Only P C and Silkk. Snoop Mystikal Mia X Fiend Soulja Slim and Tru were selling anything.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wack ass list.
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that is one awful group of rappers Kizzle...but anyway

1. 2005 Mike Jones
2. 1989 Tone Lōc
3. 1997 Mase
4. 1998 Silkk the Shocker
5. 2012 Ca$h Out
6. 2003 Chingy
7. 1990 Kwam
8. 1995 Coolio

ugghhh...

Just to illustrate how much I dislike this list, I would rank Lil Wayne over all of these rappers, by a decent amount too.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
that is one awful group of rappers Kizzle...but anyway

1. 2005 Mike Jones
2. 1989 Tone Lōc
3. 1997 Mase
4. 1998 Silkk the Shocker
5. 2012 Ca$h Out
6. 2003 Chingy
7. 1990 Kwam
8. 1995 Coolio

ugghhh...

Just to illustrate how much I dislike this list, I would rank Lil Wayne over all of these rappers, by a decent amount too.
Is your list best to worst or worst to best? Cuz I see Mike Jones first and Coolio last has to be a typo.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #15
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
Kanye >
2Pac, Biggie, Nas, Rakim, Eminem, Jay-Z > Kardashianye West
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: