Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Durant Endorsement Rush: Is All This Hoopla A Bit Premature?

Yo Nike, if I were you I would hold my horse on this rush and news that you're falling all over your face in order to sign this guy. He's not LeBron and as far as I know, Carmelo ain't really selling no shoes off his name.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill on Kevin Durant. I know a lot of you think he's the next Big Thing, but I still have reservations on the guy. He's a jumpshooter at heart, so you won't have the explosive "highlight" potential that Wade and LeBron give you.

So Nike and whoever else is trying to sell their souls for this guy, listen to me and maybe I could save you from a horrendous investment.

Last edited by PleezeBelieve : 03-22-2007 at 07:47 AM.
PleezeBelieve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default Re: Durant Endorsement Rush: Is All This Hoopla A Bit Premature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Yo Nike, if I were you I would hold my horse on this rush and news that you're falling all over your face in order to sign this guy. He's not LeBron and as far as I know, Carmelo ain't really selling no shoes off his name.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill on Kevin Durant. I know a lot of you think he's the next Big Thing, but I still have reservations on the guy. He's a jumpshooter at heart, so you won't have the explosive "highlight" potential that Wade and LeBron give you.

So Nike and whoever else is trying to sell their souls for this guy, listen to me and maybe I could save you from a horrendous investment.

Dude, Kevin Durant is likely one of the most marketable guys in recent memory. My 11 year old and all his buddies love him as does everybody I know who knows of him. We have adopted him in Texas and with this market alone he could generate some revenue. No way Nike is going to let him get by. More charisma than Melo and more approachable than Lebron and not saying Bron's not a nice guy but Durant has that great inviting smile.

As for the highlight potential I disagree. Durant is much more than a jumpshooter. he's a pure scorer, great passer, good defender. he will be on ESPN every night. book it.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Nike will do what Nike thinks is best.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
Dude, Kevin Durant is likely one of the most marketable guys in recent memory. My 11 year old and all his buddies love him as does everybody I know who knows of him. We have adopted him in Texas and with this market alone he could generate some revenue. No way Nike is going to let him get by. More charisma than Melo and more approachable than Lebron and not saying Bron's not a nice guy but Durant has that great inviting smile.

As for the highlight potential I disagree. Durant is much more than a jumpshooter. he's a pure scorer, great passer, good defender. he will be on ESPN every night. book it.

That is the key thing right there. When anyone has a cult following in the state of Texas, California, or New York they are likely to be huge stars. Durant has a cult following down here that is, IMO, 2nd only to Vince Young in recent memory. He is a household name around these parts, a daily conversation at every convenience store in the neighborhood.

He will do well just off of the state of Texas. He will sell in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and especially Austin which basically gives him a huge headstart on anything LeBron had regionally (Cleveland and then what? Akron? Columbus? Gimme a break).

I honestly believe that Kevin Durant has a shot at being the biggest star in this era of the NBA. It would be foolish for Nike to ignore the kid.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

He's most likely the most marketable player that has the potential to be in this draft(maybe Yi Garnett has him beat). I think it would be a good move.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Kevin Durant IS the next big thing, stop being jealous that Nike is throwing themselves at his feet, they are still gonna pay LeBron.

And whens the last time Nike was wrong? They are very careful and good at finding stars, like MJ,Tiger and LeBron.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

Nike has been around for a while. I'm sure they know what they are doing.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

He's a good player, young, and a good kid from what I know. Hence he is very marketable. You must be advising for Saucony. That must be the reason for their dominance in the sneaker business.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im sure if this was Greg Oden getting all the endorsement love PB would be all for it.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
That is the key thing right there. When anyone has a cult following in the state of Texas, California, or New York they are likely to be huge stars. Durant has a cult following down here that is, IMO, 2nd only to Vince Young in recent memory. He is a household name around these parts, a daily conversation at every convenience store in the neighborhood.

He will do well just off of the state of Texas. He will sell in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and especially Austin which basically gives him a huge headstart on anything LeBron had regionally (Cleveland and then what? Akron? Columbus? Gimme a break).

I honestly believe that Kevin Durant has a shot at being the biggest star in this era of the NBA. It would be foolish for Nike to ignore the kid.

Texas is always trying to stick itself in their with NY and Cali.

Some dude from Austin the other day told me the movie industry there was 'the third coast'.

Why do Texans talk about Texas at all times?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It will be interesting to see what Nike signs him for, if they get him...

Who's the next mega-shoe-hype after Durant? Oden? Mayo??

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Some dude from Austin the other day told me the movie industry there was 'the third coast'.

Because Texas is the greatest state in America, practically its own seperate country if you want to be real about it. The home of America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys. Home of the most watched television series in American television history, Dallas. The United States President has been a Texan 12 of the last 20 years. Three of the NBA's six best teams reside from Texas. The most electric superstar in the last 25 years of college football, and the first rookie to make a pro bowl at QB, Vince Young, is, again, from Texas and became famous at Texas. The University of Texas is the biggest college in the country.

I could go on for days. Two of the top five most visible owners in sports (Steinbrenner, Snyder, Al Davis the other 3 w/Jerry and Cuban) are in Texas.

Hell, Texas has it's own brand of Mrs. Baird's bread, Texas Toast. Do you hear that about any other state?

Everything is bigger and better in the state of Texas.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #13
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

According to the 2000 census, Texas is the second most populous state behind California and ahead of New York. That's kind of a big deal considering the entire state (save maybe College Station) loves Durant.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #14
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Maybe they have bigger racists and better KKK meeting but thats about it.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #15
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Because Texas is the greatest state in America, practically its own seperate country if you want to be real about it. The home of America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys. Home of the most watched television series in American television history, Dallas. The United States President has been a Texan 12 of the last 20 years. Three of the NBA's six best teams reside from Texas. The most electric superstar in the last 25 years of college football, and the first rookie to make a pro bowl at QB, Vince Young, is, again, from Texas and became famous at Texas. The University of Texas is the biggest college in the country.

I could go on for days. Two of the top five most visible owners in sports (Steinbrenner, Snyder, Al Davis the other 3 w/Jerry and Cuban) are in Texas.

Hell, Texas has it's own brand of Mrs. Baird's bread, Texas Toast. Do you hear that about any other state?

That's certainly nothing to be beating your chest over as enduring those 12 years have been some of the worst times in this country's modern history.
PleezeBelieve is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: