Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Default I'm still kinda pissed about how our draft went

Why couldnt we find a deal to trade down a little bit? There were tons of rumors with Charlotte and Portland and BC couldnt get a deal done? Why? Wasn't POR offering Telfair, Khryapa, #4? Why didnt we take that deal? I just don't get it.
I dont really know much about Bargnani besides what I read but he doesnt fill any of our needs. Anyone hear what Bosh thinks about the pick? Is Bargnani gonna start? Did we just draft a backup #1? WTF?
We need a PG in the worst way. We should have traded for a mid 1st round pick when Marcus Williams was free falling. Offer up the #35 and cash or offer both our 2nds or #35 and a future 2nd, Joey and cash, something to get him. WTF? I am a big M. Williams fan and to see him end up on New Jersey pisses me off because I can't root for him anymore.
We could have done alot yesterday but we did nothing. We could have addressed a big need which is PG and had Bargnani at the same time. I just dont get how a deal couldnt get done. I hope BC has something up his sleeve for this summer because Calderon at PG is just not accpetable.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

BC will have something planned. Either way, BC choices always seem to work out well in the end if not seemingly at the time.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

words from colangelo's mouth "all i know is Chris Bosh is starting next season" lol so that it for what u want lol ...sounds to me like ..everyone but bosh and Andrea is tradable!

3 possible guys thet could b on there way out

MO Pete
James
Villy
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #4
bk15
I hit open layups

we cant give up mo pete hes the iron man....and charlie V damn we should have traded our # 1 pick + Humphries + future second round pick to hornets for there 12 and 15 pick and J.R. Smith

and if the draft went they way it did get:

12 pick - Marcus williams
15 pick - Hilton Armstrong,Thabo Sefolosha or Ronnie Brewer

35 pick - get Denham Brown(Cuz hes a Good Player and ticket sales..and his family isn't gonna askin him for tickets)
or Bobby Jones (amazing Defense can guard anyone from 1 to 3)

56 pick - Guillermo Diaz or Ryan Hollins

PG - M.Williams/Jose/Roko/
SG - Mo Pete/JR Smith/
SF - Charlie V/Joey G/Bobby Jones
PF - Bosh/sow
C - Rasho/Armstrong/Hollins

What You Guys Think??
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

I think there is every reason to believe that Bryan knows what he's doing, and if there was a good trade out there he would have done it. Personally, I think Bargnani is going to be sick, and we stole Tucker.
Think that Joey might be on the block now?
Tucker averaged over 8 boards/game last season at 6'5". I don't really remember him from the tournament, but does he kind of play Corliss Williamson-ish? Is he a tweener at all?
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I trust in BC.. he wanted Bargnani buh if we wud have moved down in a trade with portland ... chicago would have taken him and then wud have demanded us a player like joey graham and tyrus thomas with the fourth.. thatz exactly what Paxson did with Portland.. even tho they didnt want Aldridge.. he made it look like they were interested in him and got an additional player.. Paxson is one smart fcuk who likes to mess things up for others..

The thing is.. we have too many expectations from BC.. its true that BC likes to take risks but when it comes to a player like Bargnani... he wud be more cautious than other times... and the person who made this thread didnt even consider our 35th pick.. lookin at the tucker's stats and his vdo's .. m rooting for him more than Bargnani.. this guy is one tough SOB and even tho hez short he had more avg rebounds than aldridge.. our draft could have been better but m certainly happy with the way things went..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:29 AM   #7
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
I am a big M. Williams fan and to see him end up on New Jersey pisses me off because I can't root for him anymore.
omg....same exact thing i was thinking yesterday
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

i tink the reason we didn't go for the telfair trade was because Portland wanted to get rid of Theo Ratliff..and his contract is huge...and to make that match up...we'd have to give alvin and someone else.....ratliff would cripple the cap space for a while i think
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #9
huppcap
Local High School Star

Funny how some think they know more and are smarter than the 2004-05 NBA Executive of the year.

In this year's draft a with a #3 or 4 pick is not going to trade up for #1 when there is no franchise player. That may happen next year or would be a possibility in a LeBron James or Shaquille O'Neal draft year. Why would you give away a player (some suggestions I heard around on the net Charlotte giving the Raps Brevin Knight and their #3 pick for our #1 pick and Alvin Williams)? You got to be an idiot to think that is an even trade. Why would Charlotte do that for example?

BC knows what he is doing.

Can't please some so called Raptor 'fans'!

Maybe BC should have offered our #1 pick, Bosh, Charlie V, Mo Pete and Nestrovic for Shaquille O'Neal or better yet Kevin Garnett.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #10
huppcap
Local High School Star

Funny how some think they know more and are smarter than the 2004-05 NBA Executive of the year.

In this year's draft a team with a #3 or 4 pick is not going to trade up for #1 when there is no franchise player. That may happen next year or would be a possibility in a LeBron James or Shaquille O'Neal draft year. Why would you give away a player (some suggestions I heard around on the net Charlotte giving the Raps Brevin Knight and their #3 pick for our #1 pick and Alvin Williams)? You got to be an idiot to think that is an even trade. Why would Charlotte do that for example?

Can't please some so called Raptor 'fans'!

Maybe BC should have offered our #1 pick, Bosh, Charlie V, Mo Pete and Nestrovic for Shaquille O'Neal or better yet Kevin Garnett.

BC knows what he is doing. Sure Marcus Williams is a good potential PG but I think BC wants to find more of a veteren. Sebastian Telfair is not a veteren either and he also played on a team filled with convicts. If you have not notived yet the Raps have a young core of players. Maybe BC wants some experienced leadership at the point. You ever thought maybe drafting a young point guard may not be a good idea. Remember Marcus Williams is no Chris Paul. Besides the Raptors may want to keep their laptop computers safe.

We have no idea what BC has planned for trades or signings the next while.

I think it is a bit too early to second guess him.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: