Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #136
houston
Local High School Star

Default Re: The GOAT List: 2014 Edition

I want to see where Walter Davis,Bobby Danridge, Chet Walker, end up
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #137
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston
I want to see where Walter Davis,Bobby Danridge, Chet Walker, end up
Chet probably around the 110-120 mark. Dandridge and Davis around 120-135 range. My guess.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:39 AM   #138
L.A. Jazz
Local High School Star

Because of your Sam Cassell story i looked up his assist numbers (total and per game) and stumbled over the name Kevin Porter who won 4 assist titles in the 70s. i couldnt find him in your top 100. i know nothing about him. is he in your top 200?
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #139
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
Because of your Sam Cassell story i looked up his assist numbers (total and per game) and stumbled over the name Kevin Porter who won 4 assist titles in the 70s. i couldnt find him in your top 100. i know nothing about him. is he in your top 200?
Porter is like Marcus Camby of PGs but not on his level. Maybe Andre Miller. Slam 500 has him at 112. Like you I don't know much about him either. He made no all star games in his career in the late 70s when the guard spot was weak. Guys like Randy Smith and World B Free were all stars.

Maybe I'm wrong about him.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #140
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Porter is like Marcus Camby of PGs but not on his level. Maybe Andre Miller. Slam 500 has him at 112. Like you I don't know much about him either. He made no all star games in his career in the late 70s when the guard spot was weak. Guys like Randy Smith and World B Free were all stars.

Maybe I'm wrong about him.

I have Kevin Porter in a group between 290-320 with guys like Jumpin' Johnny Green, Don Ohl, Archie Clark, Johnny Moore, Terrell Brandon and Fast Eddie Johnson.

Porter was an old school playground point guard. The kind who truly was pass first, pass second, pass third.

He was the starting PG for the Bullets in a back court with Phil Chenier when they went to the 1975 Finals, after being swept he was traded to Detroit for Dave Bing.

He led the league in assists all four years he was healthy and played 30 mpg. He was traded to the Pistons twice and didn't workout either time, even though he did have his best statistical season playing under Dick Vitale. Once, like the Mark Jackson Indiana/Denver trades, traded at the started of the season and reacquired the next season. Jerry Green, a Detroit Sports Legend, called him a "water bug with a great sense of sharing."

He joins Norm Van Lier, Archie Clark, Mickey Johnson and Dan Roundfield on my all-Black guys I bet you thought were white guys team.
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #141
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Was Jumpin Johnny Green the most athletic player of his day? I read be could touch the top of the glass.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #142
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Default #150 Willie Wise & #149 Roger Brown

#150 Willie M. Wise

Tier Classification: Winning Pieces: Momentary Elite
Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 9 (5)
Primary Role(s): #2 on Championship Teams and contenders
Prime Averages: 20-10-3 on 48/73
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-These next two players I have to be careful with as I’ve never seen either play a full quarter in my entire life. Two of the ABA’s all-time greats who never spread their wings in the NBA. First Wondrous Willie Wise, an athletic, all-around lockdown wing player in the mold of Scottie Pippen or Paul George. Sports Illustrated called him “the best all-around player in basketball” in the earlier seventies when stars like Walt Frazier, John Havlicek and Billy Cunningham were still walking around in their prime. Wise certainly first made his mark on defense. An undersized overweight power forward in college at Drake where he almost led the team to an upset of Kareem’s UCLA Bruins in the Final Four, Wise slimmed down and showed his speed as a surprise addition to the Los Angeles Stars in 1969-70 and quickly earned a reputation as a defensive stopper. Strong enough to guard either forward spot and fast enough to contain backcourt men, many people thought of Wise as the top defensive forward in the league, but don’t tell him that; "My first and only goal coming into the ABA was to be a great defensive player," explained Wise. "I loved playing defense. It was always a challenge to see if I could stop guys like Rick Barry, John Brisker, and Roger Brown. But I didn't like to think of myself as the best defensive player in the league. That's because when I started to think about that I might have let down."

The Stars were a .500 team in Willie’s rookie year, coached by Bill Sharman, the former Celtic great and ahead of his time basketball conditioning mind. Sharman got Wise into shape and he blossomed as a player in the second half of the season and the playoffs as the Stars made a surprise run to the ABA Finals. There they lost to the Pacers 4-2, but they had taken a major step together. The next season the franchise moved to Utah and added center Zelmo Beaty formerly of the NBA’s Hawks. With Beaty in place the Stars shined bright. They won 57 games and beat the Pacers 4-3 in the Western Finals and the Kentucky Colonels 4-3 in the ABA Finals. For the playoffs Wise was brilliant averaging 21-13-5 and shooting over 50% from the field. He had 22 points and 20 rebounds in the closeout game as his teammates carried him and Beaty off the court. Wise would blossom into a bonafide star in 1972 and over the next three seasons he would make three all-star teams, three all-defensive teams and two all-ABA teams. The Stars would average 55 wins a season advancing to at least the Western Finals every season and losing in competitive series to the eventual Champions each time. Wise would average 25-10-3 in the postseason over that stretch and during the Stars frequent battles with the Pacers (five series in five years) Wise and Pacers star Roger Brown would go head to head in epic battles. "Willie came to play," explained former Indiana coach Slick Leonard. "And that meant we had to play him. No one did the things he did on the court. He might have been the best two-way player the ABA ever had. By being a two-way player, I mean he came to play at both ends -- offensively and defensively. "I actually think he liked playing defense more than offense," added Leonard. "That's trait you don't acquire. That's just plain desire. You have to love the game to want to do that type of dirty work. But he did. His matchups against Roger Brown were some of the best the league ever had. I always loved Willie Wise. I wish he had played for me."

Wise was injured during the 1974-75 season and never got back to the same level as a player. He spent two years fighting injuries before the NBA merger and spent one season in a reserve role for the Denver Nuggets. Still in the five seasons he thrived in the ABA, Wise earned a reputation to be proud of and the respect of the rest of the league. "Willie Wise was one of the toughest competitors I ever played against," said Julius Erving. "He came to play every night. I really respected him. Willie was one of those players that the NBA fans never had a chance to see the best he had. That's because Willie was injured a lot when he played in the NBA. That was a shame. Willie Wise had game. A great game."
“There is no doubt in my mind, of everyone I ever played against, Willie Wise made me work the hardest for everything I got.” said Roger Brown. Willie gets the last word; "I always thought of myself as a lunch-pail type player. I never was really gifted. At least, that's the way I feel. I just worked hard. I always thought if I was going to make it at the professional level, it would come, like I said before, from my defensive play.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#149 Roger William Brown

Tier Classification: Winning Pieces: Momentary Elite
Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 8 (5)
Primary Role(s): #2 on Championship Teams and contenders
Prime Averages: 21-7-5 on 48/79
-If I wrote all the things I’ve read or heard about ROger Brown own you’d surely think I was exaggerating. With that in mind I’m going to rely heavily on quotes for Brown’s bio because while I can’t personally vouch for him, having never seen him play in more than highlights and one all-star game, once every gets done speaking here, you’ll understand. First though, you should understand where Brown came from. He was one of the top New York City stars on the late 1950’s and early 1960’s, he went on to play at Dayton where he was a star, but his involvement with former NBA player and gambling mogul Jack Molinas got him and other (including Connie Hawkins) banned for life from the NBA. It crushed him, when Roger was denied a chance to compete for a spot on the 1964 U.S. Olympic team — for which he was virtually a lock — he reached a low point. His reputation blackened, reporters hounded him with questions that never ceased. Finally when the ABA started up in 1967, “The Rajah” as he was known, got his chance to play pro ball. Brown was the first player the Pacers signed, on a recommendation from Oscar Robertson who had played against Brown in college. Eventually, his name was cleared and it was proven he had no involvement with any point shaving scandals, but loyal to the ABA which gave him his first shot, Brown stayed a Pacer. A natural scorer, gifted in all facets of the game, Brown once made 21 consecutive field goals. As a Pacer Brown would help Indiana win 3 ABA titles and would be the face of the leagues top franchise. He made four all-star teams, three all-league teams and was the 1970 playoffs MVP. During that postseason he closed out the Los Angeles Stars with games of 45, 39 and a ABA playoff record 53 points. He averaged 29 ppg for the playoffs that year and over 37 a night in the Finals. Here’s what the people say:

“When I met Roger (in 1971) he was the best player I ever played against. The Pacers were the class of the league, and Roger was the class of the class," -Julius Erving

"People say that I put the Indiana Pacers on the map, No, it all started with Roger Brown. He’s The greatest Pacer ever" -Reggie Miller

“He was one that he didn’t like to take the glory for everything, but we looked at Roger to do so. We put a lot of weight on him, and he accepted it. He was a guy that you never could imagine. He was one of the best basketball players ever.” – Freddie Lewis, Pacers Guard

“Had Roger not gotten involved in that scandal, which he did nothing, he shouldn’t have been in it. Roger would have right up there with Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, he was that good. People have no idea how good he was. People don’t remember is that he had two bad knees when he was here, and he was still better than anyone in the league. I would put Roger Brown talent-wise as one of the top five that have ever played the game. Nobody could guard him, I mean nobody could guard him.” - Bob Netolicky, teammate

"He would have been known as one of the greatest players of all-time, but he never got that chance," -NBA executive Donnie Walsh

“Never has a player this good been seen by so few people. Had he played his entire career in the NBA we’d be talking a top fifty talent.” - Peter Vecsey

“Everyone asks me who was the toughest guy I ever guarded, and I always say Roger Brown. He was smooth as silk, could shoot the 3, passed like a guard. He was the whole package.” - Willie Wise

Old 08-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #143
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Quote:
Was Jumpin Johnny Green the most athletic player of his day? I read be could touch the top of the glass.

I think guys like Wilt and Russell, Baylor, Gus Johnson etc. were all on the same level. They called him Long John, Kid Pogo, Rubber Legs, so obviously he could leap.

How good of a leaper was he:

"I'd put him up there with Jackie Jackson, the old Globetrotter, and maybe three other guys as a rebounder. He jumped out of sight, I know Julius Erving, and Julius wasn't in his league. I remember an alumni game when Robin Roberts, the great baseball player went up for a rebound and got eye level with John's belt, that's when Robin decided to stop playing basketball."

-Julius McCoy

Also from the book Magic Moments, a history of MSU hoops...

"Green routinley touched the top of the backboard at 12'6" and once dunked a ball ten times in 15 seconds."
Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #144
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

How different would history be had Connie Hawkins and Roger Brown entered the NBA in the early 60s?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #145
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Quote:
How different would history be had Connie Hawkins and Roger Brown entered the NBA in the early 60s?
Excellent question, rife with possibilities and hypotheticals only a Borgesian literary genius could reasonably speculate without stacking the deck.

First, which team would they be drafted in, and how would their presence affect their hypothetical nba teams in the next 5-10 seasons?

Second, how would their presence affect other teams as a chain reaction, how they draft and shape their teams in adjustment?

Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #146
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Default #148 Zach Randolph & #147 Elton Brand

#148 Zachary Randolph

Tier Classification: Stars: Borderline Alphas
Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 13 (10)
Primary Role(s): 1A/1B on playoff teams
Prime Averages: 19-10-2-1 on 47/76
-F or a long time Z-Bo carried a bad rap. A lot of people believed he was the best player in the league that you couldn’t win with. But then, seemingly out of nowhere he shed that label in the least likely of all places, Memphis. Randolph showed up in Memphis in 2009, after being traded for the third time in two years and played the best basketball of his career averaging 21-12 and making his first all-star team, the next season was his coming out party. Randolph repeated his numbers from the previous season and the Grizzlies won 46 games and qualified for the playoffs. In the franchise history, they were 0-12 in playoff games being swept by the Spurs, Suns and Mavs consecutively from 2004-2006. Now, facing the Spurs, winners of 61 games, it seemed unlikely that this is where the Grizzlies streaks would end. But they did on the back of Zach. He had 25-15-3 on 10/15 as the Grizzlies stole game one, he added 25 more in the game three win and closed out the series in games five and six with 26-11-6 and 31-11-2 respectively. In round two, against another prohibitive favorite the Thunder, Zach and the Grizzlies struck first again winning game as Randolph went for 34-10. He added a 21-21 game as well as 34-16 and a 30-13, but the Grizzlies fell to the Thunder in seven games.

Things didn’t get off to a great start for Randolph though, despite where he is now. When he left Michigan State after one season as a reserve forward/center, it was because he needed the financial freedom the NBA made possible. But because he wasn’t ready, Randolph slipped to the 19th pick and spent two years riding the bench in Portland. In 2003-04 he became a starter and the Blazers parted with Rasheed Wallace to give him more touches inside. He averaged 20-11-2 and was named the NBA’s most improved player. After three more individually strong but overall frustrating seasons including a career high 24 ppg for a 50-loss team in 2007, he was traded to New York. More of the same there for one season and change before being shipped to Basketball’s Siberia, the Clippers. During his first six prime seasons Randolph’s teams won 41, 27, 21, 32, 23 & 19 games. He was never even in a playoff chase after 2004 until he came to the Grizzlies. Since then Memphis has been an annual playoff team winning an average of 50 games over the past four season and advancing as far as the conference finals in 2013 when Randolph produced games of 23-12 and 28-14 to close out the Thunder in the second round. He’s transformed himself from “a guy you can’t win with” to “a big game player” and all he needed was a chance.

#147 Elton Tyron Brand

Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 15 (8)
Primary Role(s): 1A/1B on playoff teams
Prime Averages: 20-10-3-1-2 on 51/74
-At Duke Brand played on the second best college basketball team I’ve watched not win a title. (UNLV was the best) After two seasons and a National Player of the Year Award, Brand went pro and was the #1 overall pick of the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls were just two seasons removed from the Jordan era and their second three-peat Championship run, patience was not yet in their vocabulary. The Bulls won 17 and 15 games and Brand was dealt despite two 20-10 seasons (and 2000 ROTY) for “potential” in the form of High School star Tyson Chandler on draft day 2001. For Brand however, after two disastrous seasons with the Bulls, the bad, but not as bad Clippers were a nice change of pace. Brand made his first all-star team averaging 19-12 as the Clippers hung in the playoff race through March before finishing ninth. They regressed over the next two seasons, but showed some life in 2005 as Brand continued to be 20-10 force in the league. The 2005-06 season was Brand’s finest, and until recent years, the Clippers finest. 47 wins and the sixth seed in the West. For Brand 25-10-3-1-3 and talk of him being an MVP candidate. In the playoffs the Clippers ousted the Nuggets in round one and were set for a showdown against the Phoenix Suns and MVP Steve Nash in round two. The Clippers would put up a great fight and with the series tied at two, game five was one for the ages. Down by five late, Brand made several key rebounds and defensive plays to help force overtime, then double overtime, where he scored 11 points to finish with 33-15-5-5 for the Clippers. The Clippers had the game in the bag with 3 seconds left, but the Clippers chose not to foul the Suns and take away the chance for a three point shot and Raja Bell tied it up. In double overtime Phoenix pulled away.

The Clippers won game six at home, but lost the final contest at Phoenix in a rout, Brand finished the series averaging 30-11-5 with 3 blocks per game. If nothing else it seemed the Clippers were ready to be contenders. However the next year they regressed, won just 40 games missed the playoffs. Brand missed almost all of the 2007-08 season and that off-season made headlines when he allegedly helped recruit Baron Davis to sign with the Clippers and then bolted himself for Philadelphia and bigger money. Before the 2009 New Year Brand was back on the injured list and he never regained the same form. Following a frustrating 2010 season the 76ers were a playoff team again in 2011 and 2012 with Brand as a quality piece averaging 14 and 7 and providing quality interior defense. After stops in Dallas and Atlanta, Brand, now 35 is nearing the end of his career. And what a career it’s been. Despite playing mostly on bad teams, Brand managed to make multiple All-Star games and in 2006 was an all-NBA second teamer and finished seventh in the MVP race. Consistently among the best offensive rebounders in the league, five times he was top ten in the league in rebounds and blocks. He’s in the top 100 all-time in points and rebounds and 25th in career blocks.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #147
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Default #146 Richie Guerin & #145 Glen Rice

#146 Richard V. Guerin

Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 13 (6)
Primary Role(s): Best player on bad teams
Prime Averages: 22-7-6 on 42/79
-Six time all-star, three times all-NBA, perennially among the top ten in assists and three times a top 10 scorer, including averaging just under 30 ppg in 1961-62, it took a long time but Richie Guerin was finally inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2013. A strong physical guard, ahead of his time with great hesitation and change of direction moves of the dribble, Guerin languished on the lowly Knicks for seven seasons, making the playoffs only once. Finally in 1963 he was sent to the Hawks, a contender for most of the last decade, they needed a second guard to play alongside Lenny Wilkins, replacing John Barnhill a rookie the year before who had not met expectations. In a reduced role from that of a star in his twenties, Guerin became a valuable piece for the Hawks in his thirties and finally got a regular crack at the playoffs. So impressed with Guerin’s leadership, owner Ben Kerner made him player coach before the start of his first full season. The Hawks advanced to the Western Finals in ‘64, ‘66 and ‘67, losing in seven games the first two times and six the last. For his part Richie had been outstanding scoring 23 and 30 in the final game defeats in ‘64 and ‘66. Overall he had been a key figure during their 1966 playoff run averaging better than 21 points and a league leading eight assists per game.

In 1967 something bizarre happened. Guerin the player was drafted by Seattle in the expansion draft, but Guerin the coach, it was ruled, still belonged to the Hawks. So Guerin sat the season out as a player and turned his full time focus to coaching. The Hawks won 56 games and Richie was named coach of the year. The Hawks moved from St. Louis to Atlanta the next year and Guerin the player was traded back. Atlanta continued the winning tradition and returned to the Western Finals in ‘69, Guerin now playing limited minutes as a reserve out of necessity. After that players like Joe Caldwell and Zelmo Beaty left for the ABA and better contracts, the Hawks deteriorated and Guerin the player and coach retired from Basketball. Guerin is defined by his fiery competitiveness. As John Havlicek, a friend to this day recalls; "No one was as tough as he was. There were some guys who had game but they didn't have the strength or the attitude that he had. He was a nice man but other players knew. You just didn't get him riled up because that sort of elevated his game." A perfect example of this happened in Guerin’s final start as a player on April 19, 1970, He'd been playing just eight minutes per game, on average, that season, but with injuries wiping out his bench and the Los Angeles Lakers about to complete a four-game sweep in the Western Conference Finals, Guerin was forced to start himself. He was 37 years old and he scored 31 points. In the same game, Jerry West scored 39, Elgin Baylor scored 31 and Wilt Chamberlain scored 11 for the Lakers. It stands to reason that Guerin believes his era could hold it’s own against any; "I would've liked the opportunity to play with my peers against the so-called stars of today. I think we would've done all right."

#145 Glen Anthony Rice

Years Played (Quality Prime Seasons): 15 (7)
Primary Role(s): Go-to-Guy on playoff teams/#3 on Contender
Prime Averages: 22-5-2-1 on 47/41/85
-They should have seen it coming. That line was just too damn close. Aside from guys like Garnett and Hakeem now launching three’s and Pippen and Jordan shooting twice as many more efficiently, no where was the impact of the shortened three-point arch during the 1994-95 through 1996-97 seasons than on the career of Glen Rice. Rice was always a great scorer and shooter, but only four times in his career did he top 40% from three, and three of the four instances happened with the shortened line. Playing with the Miami Heat, who drafted him fourth overall out of Michigan in 1989, Rice set a career high for points scored in 1995, made his first all-star game in 1996 and after being traded to Charlotte in a deal for Alonzo Mourning, had a career year in 1997 averaging 27 points and 4 rebounds and making an absurd 47% of his 207 three-point baskets, best in the NBA. He also won the all-star game MVP that season by putting on a remarkable shooting display making four three pointers and scoring 27 points.The Hornets won 54 games and made the playoffs, there Rice kept up his personal pace, averaging 28 ppg but the Hornets were swept 3-0 by the Knicks in round one. Rice had another big season for the Hornets in 1997-98, he averaged 22 points per night, made his third straight all-star team, 51 more wins and this time the Hornets beat Atlanta in round one with Rice scoring 26 points in the closeout game four. In the second round the Bulls and Michael Jordan were waiting. Rice poured in 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds in game five, but the Bulls closed out the Hornets.

When Rice was at Michigan, he was star and he was living the life. Michigan, traditionally a football school put together some great recruiting classes under Bill Frieder and during Rices’ senior year, Michigan peaked in the NCAA tournament. Rice won All-American Honors that season, broke Bill Bradley’s NCAA tournament scoring record, won the National Title and even had a one night stand with future Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin (Then Sarah Heath) at the Great Alaskan Shootout. (allegedly) Rice wanted to win again on the highest level, and in the 1998 off season he got that chance. The Lakers had added Shaquille O’Neal a few seasons prior and despite being loaded on talent, they were not getting results. They went about the business of rebuilding their team around megastar Shaquille O’Neal and the emerging star Kobe Bryant. The Lakers organized Rice as the third member of their new big three. During the lockout shortened 1999 season the Lakers won 31 games against 19 lost. Rice missed half the regular campaign, but rounded into shape come the playoffs as the teams third option. In the playoffs their surplus of talent could not overcome their deluge of chemistry and the Purple and Gold folded to the Spurs in a four game sweep. The next season Phil Jackson replaced Del Harris as coach and the Lakers took their game to a new level, going 67-15. Assimilated into the triangle offense, Rice averaged 16 points and 4 rebounds for Los Angeles. Rice saw his role slightly reduced in the playoffs, which pissed his wife off something good, but he handled it like a pro and when his number was called, he came up big. He scored 21 points on 7-11 shooting in a crucial game four win against Portland in the WCF and made 67% of his three-pointers (12-18) in the Finals versus the Pacers.

I could tell you about Rice’s next four lackluster pro seasons, but instead here’s a bit of Rice describing his best game as a pro, in his opinion…

There are certain times when a shooter feels like even the longest jumpers are layups. As you lift and release, it’s like the rim has expanded to three feet wide. I was feeling that for this entire game, even though Orlando led us 93-87 through three quarters. But at the end, I raised my game and carried my HEAT teammates to the victory, scoring 13 points in about half a quarter.

That’s the part of the game I most like to replay. Khalid Reeves, who would score 20 points and add 14 assists for us, nailed a three with 5:29 left. That tied the score at 101. After that, I took over, making our next nine points no matter who the Magic stuck on me.

The first two points of that stretch, the bucket that put us up 103-101, was also our first lead of the second half. The next one, putting us up 105-103, broke my previous team record of 46 points, set three years earlier against—surprise, surprise—Orlando. The end of the run was my seventh three-pointer, making our lead 110-107 with two and a half minutes to go. That gave me 52 points, and four more free throws in the waning moments pushed my scoring total to 56.

I finished the game having missed only seven shots (20-of-27) and only one of eight three-point tries. I made nine of 10 free throws, too, so for the entire game, I shot .784. You could say I was feeling it.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #148
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Glen Rice was one of my favorite players early in my basketball watching days. I even got NBA in The Zone because he was on the cover. I think my team would look like:

Starters
PG Anfernee Hardaway
SG Clyde Drexler
SF Grant Hill
PF Shawn Kemp
C Hakeem Olajuwon

Reserves
G Kevin Johnson
G Reggie Miller
G Latrell Sprewell
F Glen Rice
F Charles Barkley
F Larry Johnson
C Alonzo Mourning
Old 08-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #149
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Guerin, Yardley or Hagan. Who was better?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #150
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Quote:
Guerin, Yardley or Hagan. Who was better?

I'll take Hagan because he was so good in the playoffs so often. I'll go into more depth when he comes up on the list, but basically he's a Mark Aguirre crossed with a prime James Worthy. He could do it all offensively.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: