Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Annoying posting habits

Ridonks, didnt you say you didn't like how I put odd spacing between paragraphs?

I mean it goes something like this.

So I conclude by saying that must be one of the annoying posting habits.

This has been my contribution to the thread.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #17
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Or, "anyone have anything else?".

RidonKs

But you mentioned a few things before saying that. What I was talking about is the thread that goes duncan vs kg....discuss. Without giving any reasons of their own.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Math was my favorite subject not English. Sorry. English teachers have told me I always took the easy way out, too lazy to put in effort because I had the ability to excel in English. But my mentality was I didnt want too/disliked English which was the ro*******. And until i adjusted that I'd forever give a half ass effort. So you can see i didnt listen.

There's nothing about how you post that I don't like.

And VC, that's one that I forgot. You do it, Glove does it, that new IceMan2 guy does it. I don't get why though. What's the point in having 4-5 spaces between each paragraph.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
There's nothing about how you post that I don't like.

And VC, that's one that I forgot. You do it, Glove does it, that new IceMan2 guy does it. I don't get why though. What's the point in having 4-5 spaces between each paragraph.

*shrugs* a habit? no real reason, must be subconscious or how I don't want what I type to seem cluttered.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #20
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I suppose. My habit is using too many brackets, so I see what you mean. I don't hate it either, I still read your posts, it's just always seemed odd to me.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

im a serial "..." guy... can't help it... always will be...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #22
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
A short post then maybe a minute later immediately after that another short post from the exact same person coughhandle the rockcough. I realize some people desperately want to raise their post counts but think of everyone (well not me personally thanks to the ignore list) who has to read your mindless garbage and sift through pages of threads because your posts are taking up room

Are you trying to tell me this (below) isn't a quality thread. : at page 2

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8402
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #23
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

1. abbreviations that I don't know the meaning of.

2. when people put apostrophes in the wrong place. "Thank's" makes me want to seriously go out and kill somebody. if you don't know the rules just don't use apostrophes.

3. affect is a verb, effect is a noun. you can't effect something. and affects aren't consequences.

4. when peoples posts sound like a 12 year old girl writing in her diary. Timmeh is the greatest offender here.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #24
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate:

when people use the phrase "real fans". Example: "only REAL fans should be allowed to vote for the all-star game"

when people disagree with something so they come back with "you obviously know nothing about the game of basketball". Or when they say "anyone who knows anything about basketball..."

And yeah i hate when people reply to a long post with "agreed". Who the hell says "agreed" in real conversations? lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
*shrugs* a habit? no real reason, must be subconscious or how I don't want what I type to seem cluttered.

also

its easier

to read :)
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #26
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

3. affect is a verb, effect is a noun. you can't effect something. and affects aren't consequences.

effect can also be used as a verb. but it is rarely used correctly by others.

to effect is to bring about something or to cause something to come into being

it is most often used as

to effect change.

to bring about change.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #27
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I hate it when that one guy uses too many!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just pisses me off!!!!!! God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!

mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #28
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
when people disagree with something so they come back with "you obviously know nothing about the game of basketball". Or when they say "anyone who knows anything about basketball..."

Haha, I've done that. Moreso "Have you even watched him play" or something to that regard, but I suppose I'm still an offender.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

i am annoyed at people who use faux portmanteaus like "guesstimate"
Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #30
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

I hate , and
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: