Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks sign Randolph Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt24
how come he was allowed to play at kentucky this year, i never really liked him in coll but i guess theres no harm in doing it, but why sign him now hes never going to see the floor this year anyway.

He was allowed to go back because he was undrafted and didn't sign with an agent. but he paid a hefty penalty of about 10-15 game suspension the next season. According to the NCAA rules if you don't have an agent you can come back with a penalty. The NBA rules allow him to be a free agent. I'm thinking the Knicks are gonna pay some tampering charges though, since they had to be talking to him while he was playing in the tourney.

BTW, If he played the next game could he make us look any worse? . get him a jersey and some shoes. Suit up kid. We got plenty of minutes. No one right now is truly earning theirs. Except Balkman.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
BTW, If he played the next game could he make us look any worse? . get him a jersey and some shoes. Suit up kid. We got plenty of minutes. No one right now is truly earning theirs. Except Balkman.

I agree entirely. Let's see what you got cuz the current players really ain't doing that good anyway. What's another loss seeing how good this guy plays??
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

sounds like a very good pickup. wondering why he signed for so little and under the radar though. he entered the draft before and wasnt drafted but a few days ago i heard that had he been in this years draft hed probably be a lottery pick and someone made a statement like right now hes the most talented big in college. probably an exaggeration but a good pickup, like the knicks had a extra 1st rounder.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Now who do we take in the draft? Good pick up with Morris. In the draft i was thinking about him. Kentuckys falling apart.

Give Morris some minutes and see what he can do, he's no worst then James and Malik.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #20
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
sounds like a very good pickup. wondering why he signed for so little and under the radar though. he entered the draft before and wasnt drafted but a few days ago i heard that had he been in this years draft hed probably be a lottery pick and someone made a statement like right now hes the most talented big in college. probably an exaggeration but a good pickup, like the knicks had a extra 1st rounder.

he went undrafted a couple years ago, randolph had an ok college career but nothing special, woulld have been an end of the first round pick at best. he wont see the floor this year so its basically like us taking him with bulls pick
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Why the Knicks?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #22
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
how come he was allowed to play at kentucky this year, i never really liked him in coll but i guess theres no harm in doing it, but why sign him now hes never going to see the floor this year anyway.

he was never drafted and never hired an agent so the NCAA let him back in. Many draft analyists were stunned that he didn't get drafted a few years ago, expecially in the second round. I think this is one of the weirdest transactions I've ever seen, even though it's a good move, and now the Knicks should let go of J. James.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #23
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Let go of Jerome James!!!!!!!!!

They should ban him, burn his jersey's, burn and destroy every picture, eliminate any mention in the history or any book about the Knicks.

Like the Pharaoh did to Moses.

Scratch his name from anything Knick.

I hate Jerome James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #24
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Let go of Jerome James!!!!!!!!!

They should ban him, burn his jersey's, burn and destroy every picture, eliminate any mention in the history or any book about the Knicks.

Like the Pharaoh did to Moses.

Scratch his name from anything Knick.

I hate Jerome James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Jerome James, too!! He's the BIGGEST mistake the Knicks have ever made. I wish he would go away and become like this big blur of a memory. Like when you go to a party and get plastered and the next day you can't remember how you got home or who was at the party or if you even went to the party. Long a looooong coma and you just wake up not remembering your name or what's happening. That's what you are to me, Jerome, a really bad forgotten memory. I see a mirage on the court when ever they call your name because you dont exist in my Knicks team.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
he went undrafted a couple years ago, randolph had an ok college career but nothing special, woulld have been an end of the first round pick at best. he wont see the floor this year so its basically like us taking him with bulls pick

who cares that he didnt get drafted 2 years ago. he wasnt even good 2 years ago and he was still projected pretty well. this year he put up 16/8/2. thats pretty good.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #26
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I'll give you an example.

Patrick Ewing was not a scorer in college. He was a defender and defense presence that scored. That's one reason I would want him as a head coach.

In fact in the finals Pitney(I think that was his name) ate him up and Georgetown lost. The guy had a great game and was only 6'9" to Ewing's 7'+.

The point is you never know with big men, some will be great in college and stink in the pros or just have a good career like Kurt Thomas for instance. Some will be absolute horrors and some who were OK in college turn out to be really good pros or even great pros.

That's why I cringe at the idea of trading Frye. I have a feeling about the guy. I like him and one day he will wake up with the right system and coach and be a monster like Bosh, even better because he has more bulk.

Morris might end up being a steal or just a good backup. I'm glad we signed him. Now if we knew how to develop our big men better........yes we did some great work with Curry but not the other players. They seem to be on their own and some times look lost and unsure of themselves.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #27
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
who cares that he didnt get drafted 2 years ago. he wasnt even good 2 years ago and he was still projected pretty well. this year he put up 16/8/2. thats pretty good.

because in the nba they draft off potential not production, i think its pretty shady that a team wasnt even willing to use a 2nd round pick on him, could he be good maybe but i just dont like his game, ive seen alot of kentucky games over the past few years, just like curry hes lazy.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #28
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
because in the nba they draft off potential not production, i think its pretty shady that a team wasnt even willing to use a 2nd round pick on him, could he be good maybe but i just dont like his game, ive seen alot of kentucky games over the past few years, just like curry hes lazy.

he entered the draft off a season he averaged 8 pts and 4 rebounds... and he was still projected in the draft (some thought he was a 1st rounder)
Old 03-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #29
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
he entered the draft off a season he averaged 8 pts and 4 rebounds... and he was still projected in the draft (some thought he was a 1st rounder)

a couple years ago marvin williams didnt have much better numbers then that and was the number 2 pick, he might have been projected to go first round but he wasnt drafted which for a guy whos 6'11 is alarming. i just find it very odd how no one was willing to take a shot at him in the 2nd round which isnt even garanteed money.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I thought this was a future situation like next season this guy is practicing with the Knicks now

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10087199
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: