Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #31
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knicks sign Randolph Morris

So you think he can save the season? Take them to the promised land?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He can't do any worse than Jerome James. If that cat can get minutes, Morris should and he's fresh out of college.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #33
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Of course he's not going to save the season or take us to promise land but he might help a little. I would rather have Randolph Morris in the game then Jerome James, Kelvin Cato and Malik Rose. Wait and see what he can do on the floor before we say he can save the season.

He might block some shots and help on the boards but it was a good late first round pick up.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 AM   #34
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
sounds like a very good pickup. wondering why he signed for so little and under the radar though. he entered the draft before and wasnt drafted but a few days ago i heard that had he been in this years draft hed probably be a lottery pick and someone made a statement like right now hes the most talented big in college. probably an exaggeration but a good pickup, like the knicks had a extra 1st rounder.

Where did you hear this...not sayin its a lie...but oden,durant, and brandon wright are bigs too....I jus wanna know so i can get hyped. Cuz i saw him play and he knows how to play the game and im excited for this.

If Frye slips up... morris and curry and develop since zeke doesnt like frye and curry together.

God forbid Curry continues to suck Morris can potentially take the spot in a year or 2 and develop as well.

I know the kid can play question is if he gels with us.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #35
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Where did you hear this...not sayin its a lie...but oden,durant, and brandon wright are bigs too....I jus wanna know so i can get hyped. Cuz i saw him play and he knows how to play the game and im excited for this.

If Frye slips up... morris and curry and develop since zeke doesnt like frye and curry together.

God forbid Curry continues to suck Morris can potentially take the spot in a year or 2 and develop as well.

I know the kid can play question is if he gels with us.

i heard it on espn. i think greg anthony said it but what he meant was like RIGHT NOW he has the most talent of them, still probably an exaggeration to make a statement. this was said before the knicks signed him.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #36
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

just to make sure i wasnt imagining things, i did a search on it and confirmed he did say this, lol. heres a link with someone else mentioning his statement. still i wouldnt expect too much, i dont think he would be expected to be a star whether or not he got drafted. im expecting a serviceable player.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #37
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

I am surprised Greg Anthony said that. I dont always agree with him, but he usually does not just come out and say things out of left field.

I don't mind this signing, but I don't expect anything out of him and I most definitely would not be annointing him the most talented big in college either. What I have read about him was that he would be projected as a late first rounder. Which is a nice pickup for nothing. Lets take it slow with this guy and do it right.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #38
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

On a trip down to Texas 2 years ago I saw Morris play in the NCAA tourney in the Sweet Sixteen in Austin in his first season. Funny thing is before we even went to the game we went looking for a hotel that afternoon to stay overnight. We walk into the lobby and I see some Kentucky fans and paraphanelia. Against the front lobby desk I see this tall guy leaning against it while listening and watching some older gentlemen talking to him and demonstrating how to shoot free throws. It came to our attention the Wildcats and their fans were staying in this hotel so we decided we might as well to. It would later that I find out that the specific player leaning against the counter was Morris.

Anyhow he got into foul trouble and was a non-factor in what eventually was a Kentucky win. He had a subpar freshman year especially considering he was suppose to be a top high school player. Then on the advice and hype he heard around him he decided to go into the NBA draft against the advice of his then Kentucky coach Tubby Smith even though he did not perform well in the pre-draft camps. He would not return Tubby Smith's faxes and calls to try to convince him to stay out of the draft. He showed no respect for his coach and then he does not get drafted and crawls back on his hands & knees asking to be re-instated. After dis-respecting his coach and the university they should have let him rot. Luckily for him they felt sorry enough for him and fought for him to get back his eligibility. It also helped that teams will do anything to win also even if they were dis-respected. In my opinion he was lucky to onmly miss the number of games he did.

And now here we are. It would be interesting if he was eligible where he would be drafted this year. My guess he might have been taken late first round at best. I am not convinced this guy will be a decent NBA player.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #39
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Nice little story Huppcap.

1. I would not be so hard on him. These kids are young and gullible, and they get some slick fast talker, telling them that they can get millions in the NBA, and that nobody is looking out for their interests, and that Kentucky is just using him and it is easy to see how they buy into. Then he does not get drafted and then everyone disappears.

2. You are right about Tubby Smith and Kentucky. These schools know what they are doing in terms of using these kids. Tubby was pretty much getting run out of Kentucky, albeit unfair so he may have had motivation to try to keep Morris at Kentucky last year.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #40
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

You never know what an athletic guy 6'11" can turn into.

He can mature really fast and develop a great work ethic making himself into a great palyer.

Or he can take the money get a posse and get in trouble.

Or he can turn into Jerome James.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #41
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Or he can turn into Jerome James.

Just like the Highlander movies. "There can only be one." There is only one James. He's in his own class.

BUT, in the slightest chance that he MIGHT turn out to be a James sequel, he'll be in my prayers.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #42
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Nice little story Huppcap.

1. I would not be so hard on him. These kids are young and gullible, and they get some slick fast talker, telling them that they can get millions in the NBA, and that nobody is looking out for their interests, and that Kentucky is just using him and it is easy to see how they buy into. Then he does not get drafted and then everyone disappears.

2. You are right about Tubby Smith and Kentucky. These schools know what they are doing in terms of using these kids. Tubby was pretty much getting run out of Kentucky, albeit unfair so he may have had motivation to try to keep Morris at Kentucky last year.

Apparently a few teams were interested in Randolph. Obviously big guys are always sought after.

I may have been a bit hard on him. He is still young and can develop so time will tell. I guess I thought he could have shown his coach more respect in college. But perhaps he has matured and learned from his experience.

Be patient and give this guy at least a couple of years before making concrete conclusions. I should take my own advice because that is what I always preach in the Raptors forum.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: