Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 2014 College Football Discussion Thread

Here's a thread to talk about all news and thoughts relating to the 2014 College Football season.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 College Football Discussion Thread

How many crab jokes are we gonna see this year?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

two 4* QBs, francois and locksley, just committed to fsu. also going after 5* malik henry in 2016. 3 QB commits now and jimbo proving he's the best QB recruiter in the nation. QB's just lining up over here.

blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
JimmyMcAdocious
Very good NBA starter

JimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Coaches Poll out earlier today.

1) Florida State (56 1st)
2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma (3 1st)
4) Oregon (1 1st)
5) Auburn
6) Ohio State (1 1st)
7) UCLA
8) Michigan State
9) South Carolina (1 1st)
10) Baylor
11) Stanford
12) Georgia
13) LSU
14) Wisconsin
15) USC
16) Clemson
17) Notre Dame
18) Arizona State
19) Ole Miss
20) Texas A&M
21) Kansas State
22) Nebraska
23) North Carolina
24) Texas
25) Washington

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone interested in doing a weekly ISH NCAA Football Poll?

Also, Myles Jack for Heismann!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Anyone interested in doing a weekly ISH NCAA Football Poll?

Also, Myles Jack for Heismann!

poll? as in a pick em?

anyway, first day of training camp was yesterday. how did your teams do?

fsu didn't surprise me too much considering what i knew, but here's a couple points:

- our RB corp is mean. los looks as stocky and menacing as ever. pender is a blur and cook might be stealing downs from green. i already like that cook carries the ball high and close. i said it before but i can see fsu relying on their run game much more than last season, especially early on. we have a legit 3 headed dog and teams are going to double cover greene until we get a consistent 2nd/3rd WR between green and lane/rudolph. holy shit, i just realized this team has way too many guys named green(e) and that's just on offense

- feeling less secure if winston goes down. JJ's delivery is slow as molasses. makes winston's throwing motion (one of his weak points) look fast in comparison. not sure he can make teams pay for blitzes even though he has a cannon of an arm. thankfully we have one of the best o-lines in the country, but jimbo has to coach up that release.

- not at all concerned with o-line or secondary. we can match up w/ anybody in that regard.

concerns that need to be addressed:

- who will be the leaders on defense? we need a loud leader on game day. we need a leader to go bang on doors at 5 AM for 2-a-days and keep players away from distractions. we need a leader that simply leads by example, evaluates the team and takes any players that need advice off to the side. players that won last season need to remain hungry and coach these guys up. it's a huge question mark since we lost so much leadership last season with smith, joyner and jernigan.

talent is there but leadership is a big deal in college football. you have to be as strong as your weakest point. now, i have faith in williams, darby and edwards but i just need more evidence. trey marshall looks ripped and adds even more depth to our secondary.

- the d-line. i think the starters can do a decent job but we need the reserves to step up. it's time for newberry to at least scrape his potential. he's been in the program for a couple seasons but he's 6'6", 285. same with casher. he can be that edge rusher that we need. i'm worried about he dropoff from starter to reserve. featherton is just that...a feather. he's young but he just need to redshirt this season. he's way too lean to contribute anything on the defensive end w/out getting hurt. this is more an observation, than a concern though. average weight is 293 though. our incoming class are some strong bulls, but inexperience and depth are a concern.

- WRs. who will step up as a possession receiver? losing KB hurts. who will fill in as slot? can we utilize whitfield's crazy speed on slants and screens?

- punter folks will laugh at this and i understand. but really, it's a sad joke....you saw fsu's punter right? the guy is straight garbage. there wasn't a bigger discrepancy in talent within positions during the championship game vs auburn. auburn's punter was pinning us in between the 20 yard line and once between the 5 yard line. fsu's punter was lucky to kick it more than 30 yards and i think he had an 18 yard kick . ok? the dude is turrrible. we had such terrible field position and i really thought he would kill our chances.

in an interview, this guy said he did better under pressure. i hope he finds himself under pressure almost being run over by a bus.

every time we had to punt, i cringed. we need to take a walk on of any sort. i can't think of a worse punter on a nat'l contender in a long time. he's the total opposite of our kicker. he sucks. he might be the nicest guy in the world but he needs to take on something other than punting, for the football gods and our eyes.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-05-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No, a poll as in a poll, as in, at least five-eight people plus send in their top 25s and we see what ISH thinks.

As far as opening day, a couple of injuries, only one guy that was expected to play a big part. Jack seems ready, saying the game has slowed down for him, and has a goal of getting his first sack, before being reminded he was credited a sack during the Sun Bowl.

Hundley is up to 230lbs and down to 10% body fat.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No, a poll as in a poll, as in, at least five-eight people plus send in their top 25s and we see what ISH thinks.

As far as opening day, a couple of injuries, only one guy that was expected to play a big part. Jack seems ready, saying the game has slowed down for him, and has a goal of getting his first sack, before being reminded he was credited a sack during the Sun Bowl.

Hundley is up to 230lbs and down to 10% body fat.

cool. i like that idea...definitely different. just need to get enough ppl on board. we can post individual ones and then an average of ish. we can compare it to the coaches' poll and see how we did at the end. knowing college FB, there should be plenty of wrongs

i like hundley and i think ucla has a real shot at making the playoffs over oregon. always gotta watch out for stanford though since they love the spoiler role. pac-12 should be fun and competitive this year.

btw, bayless said that they should cancel this season because it's 'clear' fsu will win. god, i hate that guy. all throughout the build to the championship game, he was talking about how fsu's schedule was weak and how jimbo wasn't a big game coach. i know he's a shock jock but it upsets me so many ppl take him seriously, like he's an authority figure. dumbass prob can't name 5 fsu players. fvck you skip, go back to doubting us.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-07-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And the ramifications will be?
Quote:
The NCAA Division I board of directors on Thursday voted 16-2 to allow the schools in the top five conferences to write many of their own rules. The autonomy measures -- which the power conferences had all but demanded -- will permit those leagues to decide on things such as cost-of-attendance stipends and insurance benefits for players, staff sizes, recruiting rules and mandatory hours spent on individual sports.
In theory the "cost of attendance" measure could lead to schools handing out huge payments. It may be limited by schools having to pay it to all scholarship athletes and not the select few that are worth paying millions to a school but that's still a huge change.

Also worth mentioning: These changes will put the differences between major and minor schools in stone. It would be very interesting to hear the justification for creating two sets of rules that could end up being completely different.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let's go Canes and Owls!!!
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:38 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

Guess no one else would be down for an ISH Poll?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #12
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

rumors that 5* WR campbell, who has been a long time gator lean, is thinking about flipping as well

now if we can just get sweat or cowart, it should be a top 5 class and i say #3 behind bama/usc. usc is gonna pile up a lot of talent out west coming off sanctions

if we get sweat, mcfadden and campbell, i'ma be like:

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-10-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

who do you got winning the heisman? i'm going with mariota. i think he's going to put up the gaudy numbers. winston will be hard pressed to match last year's #s and be in the 3500/30 range again. plus, heisman fatigue.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...xid=nl_siextra

SI released their preseason all-america team, once again showing how stacked fsu is w/ 8 players included. bama has 6. strong showing from the ACC and SEC. even the pac 12 gets repped well. what is sorely lacking is big 12. the entire big 12 only has 8 players...that's kinda pathetic.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-13-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

four ND players dismissed over academic fraud allegations:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...174318867.html

key players, too, so this is going to hurt them. hard for me see them winning 7 or more games.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #15
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

https://twitter.com/TIM_MAYsports/st...34611726282752

braxton miller reinjured the same shoulder he hurt in february, now reportedly putting his season in jeopardy. obv big blow if true, just about kills their nat'l championship talk. even if he can play, i doubt he'll be 100% since he was limited to begin with.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: