Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,642
Default Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

But the long-shot offer, made in the past week, was declined and never stood much of a chance, particularly because the Timberwolves could potentially strike a richer deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins

-- WSJ
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,647
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

But the long-shot offer, made in the past week, was declined and never stood much of a chance, particularly because the Timberwolves could potentially strike a richer deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins

-- WSJ
Nice try, but I would not have approved if trade went down. I'm not a Kevin Love fan; I just don't get a "good feeling" for his game.

...at least they didn't offer picks. PJ prob. playing games here.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovegittar
Nice try, but I would not have approved if trade went down. I'm not a Kevin Love fan; I just don't get a "good feeling" for his game.

...at least they didn't offer picks. PJ prob. playing games here.
There was no chance in the world the Knicks could get Love unless Love said "I WANT NY OR LOSE ME".
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,484
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

No chance? How are you so sure that unloading long term contracts isn't a part of their plan in a Love trade? Knicks are the only team going after love that can also take all their bad deals back.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No chance? How are you so sure that unloading long term contracts isn't a part of their plan in a Love trade? Knicks are the only team going after love that can also take all their bad deals back.
Yeah right go with that.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:06 AM   #6
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,484
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Yeah right go with that.
Why would a team taking Martin and barea keep coming up as a hold up if they weren't making taking those deals a part of a trade?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Why would a team taking Martin and barea keep coming up as a hold up if they weren't making taking those deals a part of a trade?
Minny could be just waiting to see which team would give up the most and take back the most.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,484
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Minny could be just waiting to see which team would give up the most and take back the most.
That's why I think you are wrong saying no chance. Knicks can take the most back- that's a for sure right?


If love isn't signing an extension does that make Cleveland think twice about dealing wiggins?


I'm not saying likely to happen but I do believe the Knicks are way more in the middle of discussions than what many think.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Offer was ridiculous. Minny also said it didn't happen, but as always, why let facts stop spirited bashing.

If the offer was made though, so what? It's ok to try for hail marys sometimes. Maybe they counter with something they want for a different player, not love, but something yuo like. Talking doesn't hurt.

Nets offered Humphires and picks one year for literally every player in the league and i failed to note them being called morons.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Offer was ridiculous. Minny also said it didn't happen, but as always, why let facts stop spirited bashing.

If the offer was made though, so what? It's ok to try for hail marys sometimes. Maybe they counter with something they want for a different player, not love, but something yuo like. Talking doesn't hurt.

Nets offered Humphires and picks one year for literally every player in the league and i failed to note them being called morons.
This!

nothing beats a failure but a try
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy