Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default who here can dunk?

Just curious?

I can't but i can almost touch the ring and im 14 years old and 5"7.

Who here can dunk? If so, when did you first dunk?

Last edited by JMEWLS : 03-25-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #2
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: who here can dunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
Just curious?

Wow, you're 14.. i thought you were older than me.

I can easily grab the rim, but i can't palm the ball enough to dunk it.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Lol, these threads often generate stupid answers

Examples:
"I'm 5'4 and I can do the elbow in the rim dunk"
"I'm 6' and I can grab the top of the backboard"

Anyway, I'm 6', 20 years old and I can do a few dunks. I can't reach the top of the square, only about halfway up it, maybe 2/3 on a really good day. First dunked when I was 17, and it was pretty ugly. Jumped off 2 feet, brought the ball up with 2 hands, then let my left arm go and really stretched out with my right arm, just managing to shove it against, and then through the rim.

I haven't had it tested, but I'm guessing my vert today is around 36 or 37". Lately when I've been mucking around I've been trying to make a windmill off 2 feet, but getting a good grip on the ball is my problem. I tried unsuccessfully a few times, maybe I just need to get higher than I currently can. Though without the ball I can jump off 2 feet, windmill and hit my wrist against the rim (which bloody hurts).

But in the end, it was nice to get over that young-n-stupid desire to dunk, and be able to work on other more fundamental stuff
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Ridlyn
I airball my layups

Ridlyn has an OK reputation so far

I'm 17 and 6'. I can only grab the rim right now. But i just started using jump soles so i guess I'll see where it goes from there. I want to get around 6" out of them. Any more will be bonus for me.
Ridlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

I am 5'6'' and I can lay it up.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridlyn
I'm 17 and 6'. I can only grab the rim right now. But i just started using jump soles so i guess I'll see where it goes from there. I want to get around 6" out of them. Any more will be bonus for me.

DAMN! Your tall as :
Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2

Examples:

Anyway, I'm 6', 20 years old and I can do a few dunks. I can't reach the top of the square, only about halfway up it, maybe 2/3 on a really good day. First dunked when I was 17, and it was pretty ugly. Jumped off 2 feet, brought the ball up with 2 hands, then let my left arm go and really stretched out with my right arm, just managing to shove it against, and then through the rim.

I haven't had it tested, but I'm guessing my vert today is around 36 or 37". Lately when I've been mucking around I've been trying to make a windmill off 2 feet, but getting a good grip on the ball is my problem. I tried unsuccessfully a few times, maybe I just need to get higher than I currently can. Though without the ball I can jump off 2 feet, windmill and hit my wrist against the rim (which bloody hurts).

But in the end, it was nice to get over that young-n-stupid desire to dunk, and be able to work on other more fundamental stuff

Sweet.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
Just curious?

Vince Carter first dunked around your age I beleive it was but maybe he was taller not sure.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
laker4life
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life has an OK reputation so far

I'm 14 yrs old, 5'10" and I can touch the rim can't dunk yet though...
laker4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
tpcslj47
Kids at the park dunk on me

tpcslj47 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Examples:

disagree, the game is for fun if thats your goal and what will make it fun for you, it's in no way a "young-n-stupid" desire. Me thinks you only want to sound cool since you achieved your goal. Oh you badass....
tpcslj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #11
JMEWLS

Quote:

Examples:

lol, who the hell said that?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I'm 5'8 and can touch the bottom part of the rim with my middle finger nail, does that count.

I could do that in high school, but since I don't hoop on a regular basis, I don't know if I can still get up their.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can dunk and my first was like 2 weeks ago it was in a pickup game too so i was pumped.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

im a 5'10" white boy with semi long arms but rather plain hops.

with a running start and a perfect maximum leap, I can kind of do a pseudo dunk. I can put the ball higher than rim level, but I can't high enough to really slam it. it's just a glorified "drop it in" kind of layup.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #15
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I wish. My biggest problem is not being able to palm the ball.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: