Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-25-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default What should the Knicks do?

The first thing I would do is waive Steve Francis. He has been decent at times and he is somewhat valuable for us since we are missi Crawford and Q-Rich, but his style of play is redundant and he is jump shot looks terrible (looks like a line drive wtf?). Unless we can get a O'Neal type of player to match salaries, then eff him.

As much as I hate to say it but we miss Crawford. He's the only player, other then Marbury, that can create for himself. If he would stop trying to shoot like Kobe (taking his man off the dribble and shooting a J), then I would love him as a player. All I want him to do is either drive to the hole, stand behind the 3 point line for a jumpshot, and occasionally use the dribble to create a jumpshot. He's very inconsistent, but when he's on, he's pretty deadly, and he has good chemistry with Curry, I would give him one more year. But if he continues to shoot us out of games, then trade him.

Draft or acquire a guard that can slash and hit the 3. we need to add a player that will strike some fear in the defense for doubling curry and as much as I like how Q-Rich is playing, his injuries make him unreliable. I kinda like what I saw from Marco Banelli and if this guys drop, I would get him.

And finally, keep the team intact for the most part, unless we get a very good offer. All we need is some more playing time together and a sense of security, so they don't have to worry about getting traded.

BTW, waive Jerome james as well. I don't think an explanation is necessary.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What should the Knicks do?

Yup.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Waiving Steve Francis is unnecessary. Next year he'll be an expiring contract, and we might be able to get some good value for him
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Good point.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Cancers grow, cut them out as soon as possible.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
Waiving Steve Francis is unnecessary. Next year he'll be an expiring contract, and we might be able to get some good value for him

nah im pretty sure hes on for 2 more years. not saying we should cut him though
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

They need to do something they should have done 5 years ago tear it all down and rebuild, stop making stupid mle signings, stop making stupid trades and get under the cap. if dolan had a brain he would have done this 5-6 years ago and we would be a contender by now, were never going to win a damn thing as long as morons like dolan and isiah are running the show. who the hell cares about pathetically sneaking your way to the 8 seed to get swept by the pistons, its time we became a championship contender again.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Waive Jerome James, End Of Thread.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Its not easy just to say buy out a guy or waive a guy... how many buyouts did the knicks already do? i cant see that happening since these people were acquired on IT watch..
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

We bought out Rose and Mo Taylor this year.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt24
They need to do something they should have done 5 years ago tear it all down and rebuild, stop making stupid mle signings, stop making stupid trades and get under the cap. if dolan had a brain he would have done this 5-6 years ago and we would be a contender by now, were never going to win a damn thing as long as morons like dolan and isiah are running the show. who the hell cares about pathetically sneaking your way to the 8 seed to get swept by the pistons, its time we became a championship contender again.

JT I like your thinking....here's what I would do.
First I would get rid of Thomas alltogether, its better just to break ranks with him completely! I think that is the most important thing. Try everything I can to get a solid GM like Jerry West and hire a coach who can work with young players without being a pushover.

The next three years just let contracts expire and draft well. Starbury gone, Francis gone, Jerome James gone. Don't make any wasteful offseason pickups.

Here is what I would hope would happen. In 3-4 years hopefully David Lee would be in his prime. Hopefully Eddie Curry would have become a complete player. Hopefully we could have drafted and developed a solid point guard and.....most importantly, we will be under the cap with a solid nucleus and then can add that big name free agent to put us over the top. I am willing to wait for that.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

YUP!!!!!!!

That's the only way to go. I agree 100%!!!!

But you forget one thing.......Dolan is the owner and like I have said before morons do moronic things. The only time a moron does something right is by accident.

Dolan has still not done enough things to make a right move, it's all about percentages. He hasn't done enough dumb things yet. I think percentages say he has about 1000 more dumb moves before he does something right.

I would give Patrick Ewing a chance to coach and maybe make Brendon Suhr the GM???????? Or at least keep him around for talent evaluation, he's the man.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
denver all day
Can barely lace up my sneakers

denver all day has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Re: What should the Knicks do?

the knicks should quit basketball they suck and zeke sucks at coachin
denver all day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver all day
the knicks should quit basketball they suck and zeke sucks at coachin

That's funny. This is a guy that's a fan to a team that decided to trade an above average pt guard who made outstanding decisions with the ball for the biggest cancer to ever play in the NBA. With that cancer your team will never win the championship. Never.

I do agree that Zeke sucks nards coaching, though.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The Knicks do not need to make any significant roster moves this off-season.

Adding more players will not fix the defense, it won't help the key players raise their free throw percentage, and it won't reduce the mental errors that lead to many of the team's turnovers. Adding more/new players would only fixing a micro problem when this have a macro problem.

They have are only now developing chemistry but have had little to no stability. They need a chance to show what they can do over a period of time without major changes. No team in the NBA has undergone as many roster or change coaches as the Knicks in the last five years.

Give this group, which is incredibly young, a chance to gel. See if they work as a group and just need minor tweaks.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: