Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #16
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does Sean Taylor end up as GOAT safety....

Because Darren Woodson was merely a good safety, not particularly great at anything. Taylor was already a top defensive player the year he died. This guy was a generational talent and his game was becoming dominant. He might have had a hard time playing his game due to the rules and what made his game so eye popping if he were around but he would have been a top playmaker regardless getting to the ball.

Nothing overrated about it, I've felt the same way regarding his abilities even while he was alive. The only defensive guys as impressive as Taylor to watch at the game live I've ever seen (I've seen most teams play live over the years) I can honestly see that stood out like him were prime Ray Lewis, prime Urlacher & prime Ed Reed.

Woodson is a 'nice' player, I kno what I witnessed and it was levels above that

Last edited by ROCSteady : 08-06-2014 at 03:40 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dude Woodson was an AMAZING safety and had elite years...he is also listed as a HOF candidate and I expect him to be inducted down the road.

He was much more than "good, nice, etc" and comparing Taylor to him could only be seen as a compliment to Taylor.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea maybe I understated his talent a tad but I never saw him as being a HOF guy.

Watch that video I posted, it's really awesome football footage for any fan of physical defense.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1iFkz11xg

This video is for true football film fans if you want some deep cuts
Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hard to be the best when we've just seen the 2 best safeties ever in Reed and Troy. I wish we could've seen him make a run at it tho. I'm obviously based with Troy but he has the best instincts I've ever seen.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #21
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

The thing is, we would never know how he would fully play out his career. Lets say, hypothetically Nnamdi Asomugha passed away when he was in Oakland. People would be screaming that he would have been the GOAT corner, because in his time in Oakland, Asomugha was considered a elite corner and number 2 best corners next to Revis. Now we all know Asomugha ended up having a very disappointing career when he left Oakland and now nowhere near the GOAT discussion. Same thing could have happened with Taylor.
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #22
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kam chancellor > Sean Taylor
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
The thing is, we would never know how he would fully play out his career. Lets say, hypothetically Nnamdi Asomugha passed away when he was in Oakland. People would be screaming that he would have been the GOAT corner, because in his time in Oakland, Asomugha was considered a elite corner and number 2 best corners next to Revis. Now we all know Asomugha ended up having a very disappointing career when he left Oakland and now nowhere near the GOAT discussion. Same thing could have happened with Taylor.
Exactly, like I pointed out earlier it is somewhat common for a player to shine for a few seasons and then fall off a bit. IMO Nnamdi was overrated a little while in Oak but it's a good example. He was getting Revis comparisons and you're 100% correct that had he 'died' while in Oak people would be claiming he would have been GOAT.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
Mex-Laker
I hit open 5-footers

Mex-Laker has an OK reputation so far

This is a joke right?

Sean Taylor GOAT safety???

Not even top 5..

I'd put Reed, Polamalu, Woodson (Steelers), Earl Thomas, and I can go on and on..

He was always abused in coverage, dunno where this guy is getting this GOAT status..
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Stop making Mexican football fans look bad bro...
Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #26
Mex-Laker
I hit open 5-footers

Mex-Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Stop making Mexican football fans look bad bro...

So you think ST is the goat at the safety position?!

He was very bad at coverage, yeah he was a hitter, but you cannot put him over Reed or Polamalu..
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #27
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
This is a joke right?

Sean Taylor GOAT safety???

Not even top 5..

I'd put Reed, Polamalu, Woodson (Steelers), Earl Thomas, and I can go on and on..

He was always abused in coverage, dunno where this guy is getting this GOAT status..
Pretty much..although i dont think he was great in coverage...he was above average.. not special though...Off the top of my head, over the last 10ish years I would say Taylor wasn't discernibly better than the following safeties at their best:

Ed Reed
Earl Thomas
Troy Polamalu
Nick Collins
Eric Berry
Eric Weddle
Rodney Harrison
Brian Dawkins
Bob Sanders (was first team AP All-Pro over Taylor in 07)
Adrian Wilson

I could go on and on...

He was a good player...a great player...but nowhere close to the greatest safety of all time..

And if your argument is from an athletic standpoint (which doesn't matter) then Taylor Mays is your guy

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 08-08-2014 at 04:45 AM.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 AM   #28
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Not to derail the thread or anything, but John Lynch is getting highly underrated here.....
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #29
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
Not to derail the thread or anything, but John Lynch is getting highly underrated here.....
Yeah if you wanna go all-time we got guys like:

Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum, Kenny Easley, Steve Atwater...etc...it's really not close...
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #30
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
So you think ST is the goat at the safety position?!

He was very bad at coverage, yeah he was a hitter, but you cannot put him over Reed or Polamalu..

No I don't think he was GOAT. I think he was on track to be top 3 all time.

If you think Sean taylor was 'very bad' at coverage, it's obvious you're very ignorant in this subject and most likely a dumbass overall.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: