Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #16
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,413
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17
gave TY and Luck credit bro.

One preseason possession isn't what compelled me to think that. Dee Milliner is their best CB for ****'s sake.

Front seven is beastly though. Hopefully they can make up for the weak corners.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #17
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon
 
Le Shaqtus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Flawda
Posts: 6,657
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

My boi Bortles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...jaguars-opener
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:39 AM   #18
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Marc Trestman is an offensive guru.


Our offense still looks potent in year 2 of our Monster offense era.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #19
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,940
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Marc Trestman is an offensive guru.


Our offense still looks potent in year 2 of our Monster offense era.
I think Chicago is a sleeper...Offense has the potential to be nasty
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #20
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,309
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
I think Chicago is a sleeper...Offense has the potential to be nasty

agreed.

nole rookies really showed out today:

* freeman - 10 carries for 50 yards, one 57 yard reception. he doesn't have home run speed but he's solid

* benjamin - TD catch which i'm sure SC has already shown several times now. he stumbled, regained his balance at the last moment and was still able to catch the ball. carolina beat writers have said he hasn't dropped a single pass in practice. ya, he's going to be a problem

in case you missed it:



* joyner - couple solo tackles and a big stop



* smith - wow. i'm a bucs fan so i got to see him the most. all over the place and showed some coverage skills. pressured luke into a pick six and also had a solid block on the return. two game changing plays in one snap. then he tackled demps on the kick return.

the guy has the instincts. he diagnoses the play and locates the ball almost instantly. jags might have a mini levonta david on their hands...and they got him in round 5. good chance of being the steal of the draft. dark horse rookie DPOY.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-09-2014 at 10:09 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
I think Chicago is a sleeper...Offense has the potential to be nasty

Don't wanna start a Bears/Seahawks comparison or anything but I like that our WR's are big. In a potential playoff matchup, they would be able to hang with the Seahawks secondary. Size vs Size.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,523
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

I'm tryin to watch some Manziel...not on TV :/
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #23
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I'm tryin to watch some Manziel...not on TV :/
Nfl network
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #24
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,523
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Nfl network
yep, cool I will be able to watch
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #25
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,520
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

I'll see Manziel live for his second game.

Kinda pumped to see what he can do at the NFL level, probably see at least a quarter or two
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #26
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,847
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
agreed.

nole rookies really showed out today:

* freeman - 10 carries for 50 yards, one 57 yard reception. he doesn't have home run speed but he's solid

* benjamin - TD catch which i'm sure SC has already shown several times now. he stumbled, regained his balance at the last moment and was still able to catch the ball. carolina beat writers have said he hasn't dropped a single pass in practice. ya, he's going to be a problem

in case you missed it:



* joyner - couple solo tackles and a big stop



* smith - wow. i'm a bucs fan so i got to see him the most. all over the place and showed some coverage skills. pressured luke into a pick six and also had a solid block on the return. two game changing plays in one snap. then he tackled demps on the kick return.

the guy has the instincts. he diagnoses the play and locates the ball almost instantly. jags might have a mini levonta david on their hands...and they got him in round 5. good chance of being the steal of the draft. dark horse rookie DPOY.
Smith is nasty but it's too bad he's built like a Cornerback.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

There's about 8 fans in the stands
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #28
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,309
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Smith is nasty but it's too bad he's built like a Cornerback.

that's the main knock on him and that's why i compared him to david. everyone said david was undersized too and now he's one of the best defenders in the league, second best on TB, only behind mccoy. smith knows how to play the game and has crazy sideline to sideline speed.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Bradley isn't stupid, he will put Smith in a position to succeed.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #30
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: 2014 Pre-Season Discussion Thread

Johnny didn't look so athletic there.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy